Best Prog/Power/traditional of 2006

I've only heard 2 songs, one was mostly acoustic and the other sounded like doom to me. But they're listed as "heavy metal" on MA.

I want their albums now too. another one for the list.

Blind Guardian - A Twist in The Myth
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life or Death
Pyramaze - Legend of The Bone Carver
Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years

Haven't heard the new Sabaton or the new Heavenly yet... I expect good things though.

The new Disillusion was garbage.

Got the new Angra and Dream Evil in today. New Angra sounds pretty good so far, definitely not on par with Temple of Shadows but still top notch.

once i told JayKeeley that he should really hear this because it's right up his alley... heavy, epic metal with just enough variety, modernity and prog influence to take it somewhere different than your average epic metal band

cruz del sur were kind enough to send me promos for this and Crescent Shield -- both are very cool from what I've heard thus far.

Cruz del Sur rule when it comes to traditional metal. They always pick bands with that certain...."je ne sais quoi".

Gotta love the artwork to Crescent Shield:

lomkcover_thumb.jpg

cruz del sur were kind enough to send me promos for this and Crescent Shield -- both are very cool from what I've heard thus far.

Cruz del Sur rule when it comes to traditional metal. They always pick bands with that certain...."je ne sais quoi".

Gotta love the artwork to Crescent Shield:

lomkcover_thumb.jpg

:kickass: :headbang: o_O

I've only heard 2 songs, one was mostly acoustic and the other sounded like doom to me. But they're listed as "heavy metal" on MA.

I want their albums now too. another one for the list.

yes,The album is a heavy metal album with three slower doom tracks.

add Killingsworth to the list as well \m/