• Bastard

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • The Death Of Music

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Things Beyond Things

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
I voted for Bastard.

Hmm, maybe I shouldve gone for Seventh Wave. or Life. or Night. or Hide Nowhere. or Funeral. or Things Beyond Things. or THE DEATH OF MUSIC.

Fuck it, there is no standout song.

It all kind of builds up to The Death of Music for me, which is an amazing climax IMO. The entire album is good, but if I listen to it in one setting, Death of Music will be the stand out track for me.

Ivanhoe said:
Seventh Wave, Regulator or Funeral. But the record should be listened to as a whole, not individual songs.
IMO, it's one of those rare albums--like Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", that most all of the songs work great by thereselves, yet at the same time, it makes an amazing whole album at the same time.

I also think that the arrangement of the songs is perfect: starting with the more straightforward tracks Seventh Wave, Life, Night and Hide Nowhere, then some tracks of "silence", leading to the atmospheric beautiful Voices In The Fan and Greetings and then as a contrast the heavy riffs of Regulator. Finally the 3 big epic mega-tracks Funeral, Bastard, Death of Music.... :D

Alex78 said:
I also think that the arrangement of the songs is perfect: starting with the more straightforward tracks Seventh Wave, Life, Night and Hide Nowhere, then some tracks of "silence", leading to the atmospheric beautiful Voices In The Fan and Greetings and then as a contrast the heavy riffs of Regulator. Finally the 3 big epic mega-tracks Funeral, Bastard, Death of Music.... :D
And the closer Things Beyond Things, which finishes off the album perfectly. The only Devin album I've heard where he hasn't had a good closer is Infinity, I just don't like Unity for some reason. :erk:

Alex78 said:
@ Pieless: but Noisy Pink Bubbles is a good closer, I think :p
Yes, but I view Noisy Pink Bubbles as more of a bonus track then a closer. Unity ties up and ends the album, Noisy just seems to kind of be there. Fits in with the rest of the album in style, and is a good song, just seems out of place somewhat.