best song title on damage done

what's the best song title on damage done?

• final resistance

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • hours passed in exile

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • monochromatic stains

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • single part of two

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • the treason wall

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • format c: for cortex

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • damage done

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • cathode ray sunshine

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • the enemy

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • white noise / black silence

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • ex nihilo

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • i, deception (european bonustrack)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • the poison well (japanese bonustrack)

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Definitely Cathode Ray Sunshine.

Then Monochromatic Stains

Then... well, since the previously hinted "Static" seems to have drown somewhere, after a long thinking I decided for "I, deception", but I honestly think that beyond those two there's a generalflattening of levels (with some downs, like "Format c: fro cortex" which is probably the worst title, imo).

Alfred (there is this face, in the still water)

Originally posted by Alfred
(with some downs, like "Format c: fro cortex" which is probably the worst title, imo).

indeed, such a title would rate very low in my bu too. :D
not as low as "fromat c: fro crotex", though, which would represent quite a new high in lows as far as dt titles go. ;)

rahvin. (mroe of this misreable misrey)

:mad: shrapnels and chickens seem to have a very bad taste ;)

:D I chose "Format c: for cortex" because it i like the "idea" it creates in my mind... hmmm (promise not to laugh,please :p) well,when i think of this title it reminds me of people in different/desprate situtaions or anyway in situation where they would like to "delete" everything that has to do with their lives...and somehow i find this title "charming"....

I also like "hours passed in exile",this is an even greater title....in my tired & plagued by alzheimer brain it is "translated" as "hours passed in expectation"...waiting for sth specific to come/happen while everything else loses its meaning...

actually the original version of format c: ... i like quite a bit, it's alfred's version i find aesthetically unpleasant. i get the same mental idea about it, and i find it's pretty original and nice, although i must admit this title's characteristics make it a bit of a showoff...

rahvin.

The idea is very charming indeed, what I can't stand is that imo it(the title) is too big and too heavy to be really catchy. I mean, the metaphore in itself is not exactly the most original ever existed, and the ":" in the middle really adds weight. "Format c:" would have been more elegant, imo (though less specific, but to me it's a good bonus), or anyway something more brief and dense. And maybe I also have some problems with the title being half a technical command and half a normal languange sentence: it strikes me as quite unpleasant. Of course, though it's the worst one of the album imo, it's still several miles above the average melodic d-m songtitle :)

Alfred (installing, awaiting the restoration of unsequenced chaos)

Originally posted by atlantis

Eventhough I asked him, rahvin, to marry me???

of course this was not taken into consideration. but, saving you from total and utter disgrace, there's the preference for i, deception. aren't you happy? it seems the joys of marriage won't be all for nothing after all... :)

rahvin. (acoustic)

Well i didn't see the three limitation so i voted for four. What do you expect from rushing sirens? :p

Well, i can't put them in an order, i love all the titles, but these 4 i like a bit more:
Monochromatic Stains (it always made me think of crimson... plus it's a great name for a song imo)
Format C: for cortex (it gives the feeling of deleting everything as Mel said, but from the brain, forgetting.... and dear chicken, cortex is smt technical in my book too ;))
Hours passed in exile (i like the picture, the meaning, all)
The poison well (well, a well filled with poison, mmmm :p)

Siren (guitar)

@Mel: Yes indeed that's the meaning of that, spot on. I've talked with Mikael about it, and this is more or less the overall concept of the album. It's not a concept album of course, but as he said, he tends to write about similar topics in the songs of every album.

i bet i will find the lyrics extremely fascinating ;)
there is something interesting i find in such situations...i don't like experiencing them though :cry: