Best songs of 2007.

SORRY but in my world nothing beats the 80's early 90's metal so my heart belongs to MAIDEN from 1982-2007 08 and then 09/09/09:Smokedev:

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST...:headbang:IRON MAIDEN.......:kickass:

Yes, but here we talk about songs released within 2007.:rolleyes:

Ditto. And I have to add:

Primal Fear - 'Everytime It Rains'
Lion's Share - 'Clones Of Fate'
Dream Theater - 'Prophets Of War'
Thunderstorm - 'We Die As We Dream (alone)'

Well, I'm going to go with Carnut and give stuff from new albums this year since this year has seen some really great stuff come out for "Damn Good Albums":

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Christopher Titus - The 5th Annual End of the World Tour (not Metal, but goddamn funny!)
Heaven and Hell - Live From Radio City Music Hall
Echoes of Eternity - The Forgotten Goddess
King Diamond - Give Me Your Soul...Please (Lame Album Title, but Great Music)
Sigh - Hangman's Hymn
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah

And, the year's not over yet! :kickass:

Steel Assassin - Merchants of Force

I listen to this at least five times per day, the last week. Incredible song.

I'm sure there are a fair amount, but the first one that comes to mind immediatly (rather than the entire album) is Ten Thousand Strong by Iced Earth.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
And adding Helloween - 'Find My Freedom'

I would have listed some songs, but I am expecting my new Pagan's Mind disc to be here TODAY !! I am excited and although it leaked, I stayed away from downloading it from someone. I did listen to a couple of songs from their myspace page. Sound quality isn't the best their though. If PM can come close to Enigmatic Calling, I am sure at least a couple of songs will top my fave list.

Bryant

Yes, the eighties is the beast and the now isn't, so I'm a little too biased

Municipal Waste - The whole thing
Torture Squad - Chaos Corporation
Electric Wizard - dunwich
Exodus - riot act
Agent Steel - Fashioned From Dust
Drudkh - Anti-Urban, think that was this year
Megadeth - Sleepwalker
Merciless Death - The Final Slaughter

So much goodness. :)

Road To Ruin - 'Walk The Line' this is a very good band worth checking for fans of classic hard rock.

Hands down - For me, the best song I've heard this year is 'For The Glory Of Worms' by Stainless Steel(Hun)from the album best album I've heard this year...'Wigant'. Unfortunately it was released in 2000.

I discovered a lot of great songs and albums this year that are amongst my favorites but few were actually released in 2007.