Best Videogame Ever

I could beat Mike Tyson. I was the only kid in my neighborhood who could. You have to have super quick reflexes.

warparty666 said:
I was watching my nephew yesterday and we played Katamari for hours. He kicked my ass in the vs. mode, btw he's only three.:erk:
its so fucking addicting its not even funny. I didnt even realize 4 hours blew by one time when we were playing

I beat Tyson once back in the day as well, when I played that game CONSTANTLY. As I remember he'd knock you out in one punch in the first couple of minutes of round 1, and if you could survive that you had a chance. On average games back then were much harder to beat than they are these days imo. Mario Andretti Racing kicked ass! That reminds me. Anyone ever play a game called Pirates? It came out for computer in the late '80s first, and nes later. You could choose different time periods, and you could choose to be English, French, Spanish, or Dutch I recall. You'd sail around the Carribean taking over cities, plundering, getting treasure. You aged, and your noteriety grew. You also could get married, and you'd have to duel it out with your love interest's suitor. :lol: There was more to it, but it was one of those games that when you "retired" they'd show what you retired as, depending on how many points you had. I remember there were other games by the same company that ended similar. There were probably 40 different things you could retire as. Anyway, it was a KILLER game imo! :headbang: I used to play that, Rampage and Summer Games II all the time back in day!

Mike Tyson and Excitebike were my faves. I beat Mike once, only once. Blaster Master was fun as hell too. I miss those games. Right now my SOCOM games are my fave. My son (10) kicks my ass at all other games we have but for the few times we rent fighting games. I hate playing him....:tickled:

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
Mike Tyson and Excitebike were my faves. I beat Mike once, only once. Blaster Master was fun as hell too. I miss those games. Right now my SOCOM games are my fave. My son (10) kicks my ass at all other games we have but for the few times we rent fighting games. I hate playing him....:tickled:
Excitebike ruled! I totally forgot about that game! It was cool how you could make your own courses! Fun game! :headbang: I was going through some of my old games, and came across Joe Montana Football for Genesis. I think that was the first football game with weather. It was so easy to score in that game too. On every kickoff you just had to run backwards a few yards, then run to the top or bottom sideline and then run straight towards the endzone. All the computer guys would follow ya, and rarely catch ya. Pretty much a touchdown every time. Another fun game though. The graphics kicked ass at the time too! :headbang:

Arg_Hamster said:
Punchout should have been more realistic with Tyson chewing your ears of like The Amazon in Pro Wrestling!

:lol: I can see it now:
Little Mac: "Hey Doc that sonuvabitch just bit my ear off!"
Doc: "Don't worry Mac! Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!"
Little Mac: "Wtf?"

strik9 said:
I beat Tyson once back in the day as well, when I played that game CONSTANTLY. As I remember he'd knock you out in one punch in the first couple of minutes of round 1, and if you could survive that you had a chance. On average games back then were much harder to beat than they are these days imo. Mario Andretti Racing kicked ass! That reminds me. Anyone ever play a game called Pirates? It came out for computer in the late '80s first, and nes later. You could choose different time periods, and you could choose to be English, French, Spanish, or Dutch I recall. You'd sail around the Carribean taking over cities, plundering, getting treasure. You aged, and your noteriety grew. You also could get married, and you'd have to duel it out with your love interest's suitor. :lol: There was more to it, but it was one of those games that when you "retired" they'd show what you retired as, depending on how many points you had. I remember there were other games by the same company that ended similar. There were probably 40 different things you could retire as. Anyway, it was a KILLER game imo! :headbang: I used to play that, Rampage and Summer Games II all the time back in day!
I didn't know Pirates was that old! I have it for Xbox. It came out last year. It's pretty cool.

ThraxDude said:
I didn't know Pirates was that old! I have it for Xbox. It came out last year. It's pretty cool.
Really? If it's the same game, I had no idea it was re-released! Now that I think about it Microsoft released the game originally, so it makes sense that it came out for X-Box.

I never did beat Tyson, but I am proud to be the only person I know to beat Bart vs The Space Mutants.