Big change yesterday...

Dec 30, 2002
Olympia WA
I hated Cradle of Filth for a long long time but for some reason yesterday I downloaded "her ghost in the fog" and I liked the song a lot so I downloaded that whole album and it wasn't bad. What album should I try next?

I heard Her Ghost in the Fog yesterday and enjoyed it very much. It was cheesy with the female vocals but, COF get more shit than they should I think.

"Ah...yes....Dani Filth.....She sings like a tortured cat with a punctured liver might sing..."

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Dusk...and Her Embrace is probably their best album imo. Next would be the Cradle To Enslave EP.

Other than that...mediocrity at best with a few songs here and there but they get sickening after a while. I hear their new album coming out soon is supposed to be really good though so Ill prob check it out.

NapalmForLunch said:
I hated Cradle of Filth for a long long time but for some reason yesterday I downloaded "her ghost in the fog" and I liked the song a lot so I downloaded that whole album and it wasn't bad. What album should I try next?

Cruelty and the Beast and Midian there the only ones worth getting

I'm still trying to figure out how COF has any following whatsoever... nothing compares to their live show.... thank god they opened for slayer, by the end of the night I had almost forgotten how terrible they were... but hey that's just my opinion

Personally my favs are Vempire then Dusk. But if you liked Midian alot then go for Bitter Suites To Succubi. It is more Midian-ish. But they are a total different band even from not so long ago releases like Cruelty. I don't like dani because his ego is too massive, but the band is pretty good.