Big Country anyone?

Etaoin

:<>:<>:<>:
Mar 24, 2005
over there
I just watched a recently purchased copy of them at 1995 Das Fest Karlsruhe and found myself wishing for a time machine. Not metal, but they rocked. It was literally a steamy gig and I have never seen such a happy audience.

:cry: I miss Stuart Adamson.

so take that look out of here it doesn't fit you
just because it happened doesn't mean you've been discarded
pull up your head up off the floor - come up screaming
cry out for everything you ever might have wanted
I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
but you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered

triellan666 said:
in the wrong place boy
funny, I thought this was the non-metal forum

I've read threads here about emo, smashing pumpkins, and george micheal

you know, non-metal, just like the forum topic states :rolleyes:

836.gif
:tickled:
77.gif

Country and emo aren't even music? What the hell? You ignorant or something, son?

Country has the potential to be some of the most heartbreakingly poignant music around. Just don't listen to the pop swill. Go and listen to Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne. You'll thank me later. And emo? There is plenty good in emo. Thursday's Full Collapse is extremely powerful and well written. The Casket Lottery are fantastic musicians that make some very technical and diverse music. Boysetsfire's angry songs are raging anthems that will make you want to kick ass far more than most metal songs ever could.

Don't be a sheep, son.

Decollated Pariah said:
Country and emo aren't even music? What the hell? You ignorant or something, son?

Country has the potential to be some of the most heartbreakingly poignant music around. Just don't listen to the pop swill. Go and listen to Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne. You'll thank me later. And emo? There is plenty good in emo. Thursday's Full Collapse is extremely powerful and well written. The Casket Lottery are fantastic musicians that make some very technical and diverse music. Boysetsfire's angry songs are raging anthems that will make you want to kick ass far more than most metal songs ever could.

Don't be a sheep, son.
I would like to point out that Big Country isn't a country band. They were a Scottish rock band that formed in 1983 and broke up in 2000 or 2001 thereabouts.
http://www.bigcountry.co.uk/home.php
But thank you very much for the post. :wave:
I also love Uncle Tupelo, and their offshoots Wilco and Son Volt (now disbanded). I will check out Thursday, Caskety Lottery, and Boysetsfire. :Spin:

Decollated Pariah said:

Don't be a sheep, son.

shut your mouth, you dont diserve to talk, country is a waste, and it has no point other than to stimulay drunken hicks, county listeners are just like fucking goth kids, fucking wineing about this and that who gives a fuck? so fuck you if even get a glitsten of a feeling that country or emo is even music.
fucking idiot :wave:

Decollated Pariah said:

Don't be a sheep, son.

Ok I don't mind Etaoin's post but this is completely wrong. Country and emo both shouldn't be considered music.