Big time

asmallchild

Brutal and Relentless
Oct 19, 2003
NJ, USA
This thread was inspired by my last thread (Amon Amarth BOX SET) and a conversation i had with a friend.

My friend listens to Dying Fetus which he got me into, and he was telling me how before he moved into his dorm none of the people on his floor had ever even heard of Dying Fetus. And it's funny because now all those people know Fetus and want copies of his albums, and he feels like he's done something wrong, lol. But I see where he's coming from, as much as I want to see AA be successful and do well with record sales, I dont think I would ever want them to get "big." i.e. Slayer, Cannibal Corpse big. I like the fact that there is this great band (AA) that very few have even heard of, that I listen too.

P.S. Whoever tells me "we already had a thread like this" can shove it, cuz i check the first two pages of threads to see if there's a similar thread, if not i start it, I'm not about to look through hundreds of threads on pages 3-30 to see if there was one like it. Besides we have asshats here starting stupider threads than this and no one cares.

does that make you feel "less cool" if you know a band is big and with alot of fans?

i wish AA could be HUGE so they would be able to live from their music, without day jobs...
i couldnt care less if they have alot of fans or not,
as long as they keep their music to be as excillent as it is now,
i wish them all the luck there is, u know?

:)

Well, you know...I've known my brother (The Hegg) for a very long time now ;). I don't think he's much different now than he was when he was a cashier at the local grocery store, as far as what he cares about in life. I don't really think he'd change much if there were another bunch of fans added to the current fan base, cause he's got his head screwed on quite firmly and both feet on the ground. I just don't see it getting to any of the other guys, either, although I don't know them anywhere near as well as I know Johan. I just know the kinds of friends that Johan generally picks. Mind you, I obviously just want the kid to be happy, so maybe I'm not the right person to weigh in....

Definately I dont think Johan and the other guys will ever get this kind of rockstars attitude. Well, I dont know Johan so good as Tyra does of course ehehhehehehheh, but for all the times Ive been out with him, Olli, Fred, Johan S. and Ted, when I was in Stockholm, Ive always got this nice pic of them, a great band but most of all a band of great people. Anyway I really wish you a lot of money, men! So you just lay there, all the day long by a swimming pool with icy cold beer and sambuca!!! AHahahhahaahahahahahh!

I think a "big band" can still be great. I still am a big fan of Metallica. I personally think that AA's music is very good and it's a pity that so many people don't know about it.
I'm used to being a fan of a big band but I think small bands have their charm too.

Yea don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the bands that "make it big" , I guess I'm being selfish when I say I dont want AA to get too big, I'd be loyal to them no matter what they do. :D

asmallchild said:
Yea don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the bands that "make it big" , I guess I'm being selfish when I say I dont want AA to get too big, I'd be loyal to them no matter what they do. :D

in order for them to make it big (as in world wide sucess, e.g. dimmu) they'll have to change their music a lot and then i will probably not be interested in them anymore and hence not care. and the same goes for most people in here i think. so: no need to worry (hope).

spaffe said:
in order for them to make it big (as in world wide sucess, e.g. dimmu) they'll have to change their music a lot and then i will probably not be interested in them anymore and hence not care. and the same goes for most people in here i think. so: no need to worry (hope).

Change the music? I don´t think so... The guys are already known in many countries, mine too... maybe not as Iron Maiden or other legendary band, but they have theyr little support here, and in other places...

It´s just matter of promotion...

Cadarn said:
Anyway I really wish you a lot of money, men! So you just lay there, all the day long by a swimming pool with icy cold beer and sambuca!!! AHahahhahaahahahahahh!
Mine is BIG at times.

It would be nice if they actually could make a living off of their music but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe in a hundred years or so such type of music will be looked upon as classical now (Bethoven, Chopin, etc). Swimming pool and icy cold beer, no problem I can make that happen. They just need to come down here for a couple of days before or after the tour.

Destroyer Of Orden said:
He doesn't know this but I take swims in his pool all the time.. don't even bother asking, it's cool man

So it was you there last night in the woods. It was some freaky shit, I lost sleep over that. Police hellicopter flying over my house at 1 am with the lights going throught my yard/woods and K-9 police units walking in the back of the woods. Some scarry shit when you're at home by yourself and there is nothing but darkness and the woods. But thankfuly my axe was with my at all the time and my biggest kitchen knife.

Cleric said:
Change the music? I don´t think so... The guys are already known in many countries, mine too... maybe not as Iron Maiden or other legendary band, but they have theyr little support here, and in other places...

It´s just matter of promotion...

yes they are "big", but i had dimmu borgir as an example of the "bigness" i was refering to.
i'm not surprised that they have "their little support" where you live, i think most bands that have gained some regognition have some fans in most non development countries.