Biggest let downs ever recorded????

XthaXsickeningX

Witchfinder General
Feb 15, 2004
eastern oklahoma
What was tha biggest let down you have ever had from a album?? Mine has to be Green Carnation's Light of Day, Day of Darkness. All my friends raved about that album on how great it was so I bought it... and indeed it has moments but for tha most part it's way too damn blah... I mean it's one of those cds I'll listen to once and go..."okay, that was..." then just never finish what I was saying about it and never listen to it again. ..and maybe it would be so bad if it were like many of tha only one song epic albums and cut into sections so if you have a favorite part you dont have to fast forward for 45 minutes to get to it. Anyone care to share their big let down albums??

Well dont get me started on metallica... they have yet to release anything to impress me since And Justice For All. Yeh, Green Carnation is one of those cd that everyone else on earth will love and I just wont get... lol. I'm such a nerd.

I like Metallica's "black" album and Light of Day, Day of Darkness......silly me. :lol:

np: Kayo Dot-The Manifold Curiosity

it is.. New Suffocation is dull. very out dated to me. It sounds like they had it written before they ever broke up. Like pre- Pierced From Within sounding. Save you $$ and go buy new Vehemence or new Kataklysm instead.

yeh... I loved Reroute to Remain. Clayman was good but I still was left wanting... I mean it followed Colony (which is my fav IF album) so it already had some huge shoes to fill. ..but Reroute to Remain surpassed Clayman... they tried new things... which added alot to there sound but still kept tha stuff that make them In Flames.

man don't get me wrong, there are some great songs on there, it just sucked because I got into in flames so late.... And my favs by them are Whoracle and Jester Race.... so I was dissappointed simply because I love those albums. And it is different, but I guess they had to change...

Dimmu's - Death Cult Armageddon was extremely disappointing. I like two songs on it.

I also hate the two newest In Flames albums. My favorite still remains Whoracle.

Reroute to Remain. In my opinion, the best song on there is Metaphor, because it's the most original. Anything after Clayman just isn't my thing.