Biggest letdown?

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
What's the most recent letdown you people have bought? This topic popped into my mind after seeing Marilyn Mansons just-released-livedvd in a store last friday and without seconds hesitation bought it thinking my weekend just started great. :rolleyes: if only..

but the thing is, every song in it has been edited music-video style from different gigs - the visual-material I mean. I don't wanna see peoples clothes and position etc changing every time there is a cut! It gets really boring after the first song since now I don't see 'em 'live' - only bits and pieces from various shows :mad: Now I'm sure the tour-document might be interesting but that doesn't make me feel any better after spending 25euros to this crap...

Now, what about your recent mistakes?

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, it's just the same game as it predecessor, just added with new rides and scenery... :cry:

And for music: Soulfly '3' (I really expected this was a killeralbum as 'Primitive' :cry: ) /

rob halford coming out. i don't mind gay people, but fucken hell, not all mighty rob halford god of metal!

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
but the thing is, every song in it has been edited music-video style from different gigs - the visual-material I mean. I don't wanna see peoples clothes and position etc changing every time there is a cut! It gets really boring after the first song since now I don't see 'em 'live' - only bits and pieces from various shows :mad: Now I'm sure the tour-document might be interesting but that doesn't make me feel any better after spending 25euros to this crap...

I bought thatone too.. Ok, I have only seen the bonus stuff till now but I like it. True, as you said, there are only short scenes, no longer interviews or reports. It´s the same style like "Dead To The World". What I don´t like about it you almost only see "Marilyn Manson" (the character he´s on stage) and not the "Brian Warner" that he is when he´s off the stage/without make up. I also wished that there was more merchandise (posters and other stuff) which is not only on stage. It took me months to find a nice poster of him. No, not because he´s ugly!! He´s not, believe me *ggg* :D

A letdown?.. Hmm.. it was shittiy to hear the last 69Eyes but I didn´t buy it so I didn´t care too much about it.. Usually I listen to the CDs in the shop before I but them, except when it´s about bands that I know can´t let me down :D

I haven't watched the bonus stuff yet, but what I ment with the short scenes, was the way the live-material was edited. I was expecting to see songs 'whole' like I imagine songs in NIN -dvd are, or in Depeche Mode: ONiP, though that dvd is hard to top...

you were suprised when a bloke who dressed like an S&M obssesed member of the village people and carried a whip while singing about ramming it down confessed to being gay???

:)
he was as camp as a row of tents FFS!!

last Sinergy album, I guess. New vox of Kimberly disturbs me on this one and I can never listen to it to the end, but still there's a brilliant song ( Written In Stone) in it though.

Originally posted by Bambi
you were suprised when a bloke who dressed like an S&M obssesed member of the village people and carried a whip while singing about ramming it down confessed to being gay???
:)
he was as camp as a row of tents FFS!!

:lol: yeah but still. what about Turbo Lover, Leather Rebel, Victim Of Change...errr....oooh shit :eek:

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
It's already a while ago that I bought something that I didn't like at all. Most "recent" was Nation by Sepultura, I think I'm gonna burn that cd once.

Sepultura died for me the day Max left. I never heard neither their new stuff nor Soulfly

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Also the live album by Theatre of Tragedy was nothing special at all.

They suck anyway :p
If she wouldn´t have big brests (well I think it´s more the push-up ;) ) and loads of hydrogen peroxide genes they wouldn´t have half of the fans they do :D ;) ;)

i havent bought a "letdown" for, like, the last year. almost a year ago i had bought the first hedPE album. there are some good songs on there, but i was very disappointed. other than that, im content with everything i bought so far, especially recently.

Originally posted by Eos
Sepultura died for me the day Max left. I never heard neither their new stuff nor Soulfly
Well try Soulfly then :p!!! Argh Primitive is a first class CD, along my 5 favs! :p listen to it, will you! Then you'll notice why Sepultura sucks nowadays...

Originally posted by Eos
They suck anyway :p
If she wouldn´t have big brests (well I think it´s more the push-up ;) ) and loads of hydrogen peroxide genes they wouldn´t have half of the fans they do :D ;) ;) [/B]
I don't mind about the breasts :eek: , well I like Assembly a lot... I hope people will appreciate it along with the years...

Originally posted by Mariner
Well try Soulfly then :p!!! Argh Primitive is a first class CD, along my 5 favs! :p listen to it, will you! Then you'll notice why Sepultura sucks nowadays...

I heard once a song which they played at an open air. I think it was Primitive. I liked the rythms they used for "Roots" but in Primitive there was too much of it for me.
I know this has nothing to do with music but I think Max looks terrible now!!Is the stuff in his head really hair?? :guh:
I didn´t try to hear more of Soulfly and Sepultura because I don´t want to be one of the people whining that this and that band is not doing what they did 15 years ago. It´s so stupid to whine about Metallica (as the best example!) and the style they do today. I mean if you don´t like it then leave it! For me it´s easier just to ignore a band and say "they don´t exist for me anymore" than to get depressed of how things changed. For me it´s not about Metallica, I like some of the new stuff. Sure it´s completelly different than the old albums but still it´s good music. You can´t expect of a band to stand still for 20 years. And if you want that, then go and listen to Motorhead :lol:
Hmm, what I was trying to say (*gg*) is that I don´t even want to try to get into Soulfly or new Sepultura cause it would just piss me off to much if I didn´t like it. Since Max left I read no interview, no review, I listened no CDs of them.. Nothing.. And it doesn´t even feel bad ;)

huaaaaaah... but I want to complain about Metallica... By the way, they changed their name to Alabamica some time ago, which is the name they use for playing their country songs in country shows ...:cool: :rolleyes: :lol: