bizzare happenings at london gig......

veil the sky

Lexicon V
Nov 22, 2001
Guildford UK
www.desolation.org.uk
who here was at the london gig.

weird venue, fucking rude staff, and FUCKING RUDE SOUND ENGINEER!!!!

for those of you who haven't heard. he threw a total paddy and turned of the PA during the last song. he started packing the fucking thing up and they were still onstage playing!!!!! incredible!!!!!

yeah it was stupid, they cut off 'Murder' and i can only asume the staff were quite new.

i was a few hours early for the gig, as katatonia are one of my favourite bands of course...so i went into the place that said 'ULU'. asked where the gig was, they sent me up to the place, so i went in, and walked up to the stage to see most the band standing around setting stuff up. couldnt believe it. said hi to jonas and done a :worship: thing. went to the bar, unsure where everyone was, and why there was no queue. anyway turned out the door to the gig was outside round the corner. we came so early that they didnt put the signs up and i was waiting upstairs. oh well, i dont know why they didnt tell me...

how rude! they turned off the PA in the last song?! i can hardly believe it! if that had happened when i was there i would have decked the guy!!!1! :( or at least complained loudly afterwards!
i thought it was meant to be at the underworld originally? i wonder why they changed it...you cant go wrong with the underworld. but im sure katatonia were amazing anyway :Spin:

I happened to be at the gig...

katatonia were amazing! althougth the sound guy did piss me off a bit-looked like he pissed off the band aswell...

hope they will come again :cry:

i wasnt ther eunfortunately, was like 3000 KM away actually :p but anyway... wow that's weird... i guess that sound engineer wont last long with katatonia or with any other band...

:loco:

veil the sky said:
who here was at the london gig.

weird venue, fucking rude staff, and FUCKING RUDE SOUND ENGINEER!!!!

for those of you who haven't heard. he threw a total paddy and turned of the PA during the last song. he started packing the fucking thing up and they were still onstage playing!!!!! incredible!!!!!

oh, it's unbelievable..
how come.. Katatonia should kick them off anyway..

in2thenight said:
how rude! they turned off the PA in the last song?! i can hardly believe it! if that had happened when i was there i would have decked the guy!!!1! :( or at least complained loudly afterwards!
i thought it was meant to be at the underworld originally? i wonder why they changed it...you cant go wrong with the underworld. but im sure katatonia were amazing anyway :Spin:

if i had 20 foot arms to reach to the upper balcony then i could have thrown a shot his way! he was waving his arms around like a fanny and bitching his head off!

Reactions: _Transparent_
in2thenight said:
i thought it was meant to be at the underworld originally? i wonder why they changed it...you cant go wrong with the underworld.

I had a chat with the drummer of Daylight Dies and he basically told me that the reason why they changed venue was that the Underworld was sold out a good few weeks in advance (or something) so they went for a bigger venue. The Underworld is about 500-600 capacity while ULU is 800+ but it in essence it is a student union bar/club.

And fuck the sound engineer+ULU staff. I would gladly kill the fuck along with anyone else responsible for the cock up during Murder. After the gig I shouted "Fuck You" at him several times, hope he got the message the cunt.