Black Metal!

Décadent said:
Could you give descriptions on these?

Mjolnir - fast, sometimes thrashy, well produced NSBM from Germany. It doesn't have much in common with Darkthrone style black metal, though it does include occasional tremolo riffs.
Inchiuvatu - Sicialian folk black metal. Well produced with a good, thick guitar sound. Keyboards are often used, and the way they sound resembles a folk instrument. They are almost like a Mediterranean version of Nokturnal Mortum.
Mortuary Drape - very thrashy Italian black metal. Very heavy, with lots of cool riffing. It's almost as much thrash as it is black metal.
Haemoth - not unlike fellow countrymen Deathspell Omega, but with more of a death metal/thrash influence.
Necromantia - very hard to describe. It's quite raw, but very strange. Two basses are used instead of a bass and a guitar. It's raw and bassy black metal (unlike most raw black metal, which is trebly).
Naer Mataron - mostly fast, sometimes raw Greek black metal. Has lots of fast tremolo riffing, mixed in with slower passages. Probably the band that is most similar to standard second wave black metal in the list.
Thou Art Lord - very death metal influenced black metal from Greece. It is basically black/death metal with a folkish aesthetic.
Varathron - Old school black metal from Greece that often sounds death/thrash influenced, but not to the extent of Thou Art Lord.

Grand Belial's Key
Bathory
Graveland
Fullmoon
Uncreation's Dawn
Ondskapt
Sigrblot
Darkthrone
Impaled Nazarene(not really black metal anymore, but still fun to listen to)
Clandestine Blaze
Hadez(Aquelarre album)
Countess
Macabre Omen
Varathron
Root
Megiddo
Burzum

kmik said:
black metal is defined by its Romantic spirit to the ancient Indo-European values and the neoclassical tendencies, thus juxtaposing the true essence of the Aryan spirit and rejection of Judeo-Christian absolutist moralism in an epic work of art. It has nothing to do with the music!@
hahahaha. How wrong.

You bm kids take your music and genre way too seriously.

Anaal Nathrakh
Immortal
Emperor
Naglfar
Dimmu Borgir
Gorgoroth
Enslaved
Mayhem

LOL @ Black Metal has to be about Satan + NSBM is a genre (and Graveland isn't BM)

Good times.

Erik said:
AND YOU MELODEATH KID TAKE JOKE POSTS WAY TOO SERIOUSLY
It would have been funny if it were a joke. I have seen far too many people who think they know what they are talking about say the exact same thing as him.

Melodeath said:
It would have been funny if it were a joke. I have seen far too many people who think they know what they are talking about say the exact same thing as him.

ScottPeterson.jpg

Well, I've seen plenty of people who have said something similar to "it has nothing to do with the music" and have been serious. I don't see how I should know if/when it's a joke when there really are people that retarded in the world.

Most people will admit it's partially music that determines if a band is BM or not...well most rational, non-insane/fanatical people that is.

I only like two Black Metal tracks:

Rise In Godless Hell by The Meads Of Asphodel

and

Black Metal by Venom

Most other BM is poorly played, poorly produced garbage.
Oh, and Varg Vikernes is a cunt of the highest order.

There, I said it.