Blackwater Park

ginkgothian

Apr 11, 2002
What do you think of the Blackwater Park production? How "Big" is it compared to other Bands/Albums?

Just want to hear your opinion :p

Since Blackwater Park is my favorite album by my favorite band, and since I love good production, I'd say that BWP's production is sonically clean, and not only big, but HUGE.

BWP's production accentuates Opeth's ability. After listening to BWP, it just continues to solidify my appreciation for the band.

I feel the same way, thanks for your opinion

BTW, I tried to edit the subject because I forgot to add the word "production" but it did not work...argh

I think the production on BWP is one of the best ever on any album. Deliverance is also excellent.
Morningrise and MAYH are not quite so good, especially Morningrise with the guitars sounding a bit thin, compared to the big fat sound on BWP and the amazing sound on, for example, "Master's Apprentice" which is really powerful.

I thinkSt Anger has the best production of any nu-metal album since "3 dollar bill y'all". :puke:

The production on BWP drives me crazy. I can't even listen to it on headphones because everything is just so left centric. The right speaker might as well be dead the whole time.

Fits very well the album . The best productions i've ever heard are for Puritanical Europhic Misanthropia from Dimmu Borgir (which is good at first listens then just ok ) , then Sumerian Daemons from Septic Flesh <- awesome !

thebleakaffinity said:
The production on BWP drives me crazy. I can't even listen to it on headphones because everything is just so left centric. The right speaker might as well be dead the whole time.

I've never noticed that, I normally listen to it on headphones now and it's great...Sounds great on my PC and my 5.1 Surround Sound stereo too.

thebleakaffinity said:

Hm, I never noticed this, and I always listen to music with my headphones. Well, I live in an appartment and my stereo and computer speakers are shit anyways, so I got myself some really great headphones.

For me Blackwater Park sounds excellent.

I love it... the atmoshpere it creates is absoloutely amazing.