Blackwater Park

Personally, Devins massive production pisses me off. BWP has awesome production, but the trade off is that it sounds like UTTER COMPLETE FUCKING SHIT, like the worst kind of terrible, on a bad sound system. Trust me, on my friends computer it sounded so bad I wanted to puke.

You need the mutha of all sound systems to play it on and if you do, no other album I own sounds better.

To test out the production elements of any contemporary well produced album you need a capable system- an obvious and perhaps extremely dumb piece of perception or in other words stating the obvious.

OK you have said system. Place BWP in cd player and skip to last track. When the heavy distortion comes in on that ever so twisted and beautiful acoustically played intro and you are not moved:

1. You need new speakers
2. Earbuds on your MP3 will not transmit the power
3. Turn it up
4. Smoke more drugs
5. Have another beer
6. Your neighbours have threatened to call the police if they hear another glass gargling excuse for singing
7. You don't like Opeth
8. Maybe you prefer Bleak or the Drapery Falls
9. You are a Morningrise tragic
10. I bought Damnation then I bought Blackwater Park and I did not think that a man with an intensely sore throat was duelling with Akerfeldt. I mean that guy is not even credited on the album.

Anyone has anymore, list on. I think after the debacle of Metallica and the angst spoken forth we need some humour.