Blood Meridian

Little-known bands, eh? Let me think...

Wormphlegm, definatly.

CNK (Count Nosferatu Kommando)

Necrophobic - Bloodhyms is a great album

Bal'sagoth - Not surprised if you know them

Goodbye for now - Your friendly neighboorhood metal-head.

marduk1507 said:
Its funny how all these posts from "daily regulars" appear when some other "regular" posts something about a band.
Shhhhhhh! Ixnay on the "egularray" - lest the thread morph into several pages of discussion about the meaning of "egularray" or "ormalnay." ;-)

Posts like "ownage" make me laugh out loud. :lol:
We all have those kind of moments, don't we? :D I'm usually amused by posts like "word" ;)

And now, to maintain on-topic-ness, feel free to check out fotos of some Chicago bands at your leisure here: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/music/sweet_home/index.shtml. I believe I have posted this link here before but it was in another thread specifically requesting local band information. Some new stuff has been added since then, though.

*Some shameless self promotion*I just want to share my output!!!
:p
Well I wrote and recorded two new songs which are to be the absolute final two songs on the first album of my solo project. The two songs can be streamed or downloaded here:

www.myspace.com/thefinaljourneyoftheseer

Anyway, the new songs: -

The first is called:
Fear and Confusion.

Expect: pretty immense punchy and frantic rhythms, an epic as fuck chorus and about 3 different beatdowns of an assaultingly heavy, yet soaring and ambient (the lead melody) nature.

The second is called:
Grave Hopes Still Bare the Lash of Servitude

Expect: Fucking fast music (BLASTBEATS), breakneck speed rhythmic breakdowns, a very difficult but uber catchy rhythmic arrangement, Prog!!!, A superior production to my other stuff and finally the most epic moment of music I've probably ever written, even though disjointed in the songs context (straight out of a blast beat comes a marching quick build up to a 5 guitar harmony/dueling solo Idea (2mins 40secs in) I think you DT fans will be able to appreciate that shiat ;) ).

Thanks if you read this, and thanks more if you go listen. Criticism and comments and most of all praise :)p hahaha I'm vain) will as always all be appreciated.

I read it. I'm downloading. I'll listen. Then i'll rate and review. ;) One pre-listening-to suggestion, though: change the last one's title to "Grave hopes still bear the lash of servitude", as 'bare' means 'naked' and 'bear' means what i think you want your title to mean. Or correct me if i'm wrong.

Do you have cover artwork for your demo?

Retarded? No. Just overlooked that.

Okay, here's my (short) review of the whole demo:

--

The Final Journey Of The Seer - The house of clocks: Overall, "The house of clocks" is a solid demo which could definitely use experience-gained improvement and dual Killswitch-Engage-style / Cradle-Of-Filth-style lyrics. From the beginning and right up to the final note it's heavy, headbanging stuff to get listeners in the mood for intense death metal. It's good music, although at times i got lost in the chaotic sea of complex song structures. It's not easy to digest. One suggestion: leave another second or two between songs so the listener can finish savoring a song before being thrown into another one. Most song titles are pretty good, however, and the song order is well chosen. And to me it's points in favor that not every song lasts 6 minutes. My rating: 66.67/100

01. The evergrowing sacrifice: Good album starter. The intro for this song is amazing, and the song is intense from the intro to the very last cymbal. Amazing drums to go along with the heavy riffing, and a pretty good theme, if not somewhat overused (i'd heard variations of it before somewhere, although i fail to remember where). At 2:10 i kind of got lost with the über-fast guitars, but you saved it with a good bridge. My rating: 65/100

02. When a gift is another's curse: Nice follow-up for "Sacrifice", although it seems to me that i'm just savoring the final notes of the first song when a second one that's just as fast and almost as intense has already started. Kind of a weaker and more monotonous sound at the middle (around 3:00), as though you wanted to fill that space up with something, but you managed to save it at 3:52 with that four-second opener for the next part of the song, which is much better. Overall, i don't think it's quite as good as "Sacrifice", while still a better-than-average song. Nice outro, though. My rating: 45/100

03. Clawing at the roof of the casket: Another good and intense track that goes well with the theme set in "Sacrifice". Sounds better than "When a gift" and feels somewhat more melodic. Good use of guitars there, and nice breakout into slower stuff at 1:40. I liked that it's not permanent, as you return to the fast riffing at 2:12 quite suddenly but without making the song look like parts were pasted on top of each other, which is good. A nice little piece with an amazing little outro. My rating: 60/100

04. Parasites in the garden of Eden: Alas, another song to add to the list of 75963754907830786 songs with the word 'Eden' as part of the title. At least the music more than makes up for it. Good, interesting theme. Not once during the whole song did i feel like the structure was breaking down or losing strength like it did in "When a gift". The bridge is somewhat of a blur, but it's quickly forgotten with a good 30-second bridge and a little reminder of the main theme before blasting into silence. This is perhaps my favorite track on the album. My rating: 70/100

05. Fear and confusion: Starts out more intense than the previous songs, but quickly catches up with a slightly slower and easier-to-listen-to pace. Seems somewhat a bit at the beginning, kind of reminding me of "When a gift", although the drums are definitely better (especially those quick fillers). At 1:06 i started to like it more, but the chaos quickly returned. It seems that this song has good, solid, melodic parts intertwined with not-so-good, not-so-solid, more chaotic parts. It breaks too often into new speeds and rhythms, making it hard to pick a liking for one before suddenly finding out two more have happened. At 5:00 i'm somewhat tired of the song. The title definitely suits the song well. Very nice outro, though. My rating: 40/100

06. Grave hopes still bear the lash of servitude: Killer end-track for an extremely intense and heavy album. Sums up the whole thing into a good 4.5-minute-long outro. Those electronic fillers sound kind of out-of-place, as well as the bridge at 3:10, but in general it's a good finale for "The house of clocks". Up to 4:00 it seems like it will leave the listener needing more, but the fadeout makes for an excellent outro, the only downside to it being that it fades out too fast. My rating: 60/100

Oh sweet man. :)

I'm possitive the bits you found chaotic were the bits I too cringed at, mainly just the mere thought of recording that style of guitars using the line in and a digitech haha. There's however five tracks you haven't heard yet :p... granted two are ambient electronic/sound scape/pauses in the album, for the needed breather.

I pretty much agree completely with the view of fear and confussion... but it stands together a bit better on the final tracklisting.

But yes, It's nice to see you've actually given it a true and fair review, most people are always taking into account that theres no band there and it's not been done in a studio, so I get "pity points" and many others don't see at as something serious and it's just like they're surprised, like they expected something turd so they over react. Encouraging this has been.

haha no they're not for the next album :p... they're some of the first ones I did that have been on my myspace before, long ago. But don't worry I haven't forgot ;) . I'm in the current stage of regrouping and recharging the creative juices.

This is the House of Clocks track listing:

1: Inward Evolution
2: Clawing at the Roof Of the Casket
3: The Ever Growing sacrifice
4: Plea for a Better Winter
5: Grave Hopes Still Bear the Lash of Servitude
6: Blood Flows Cold And Silent Behind the walls of the underworld
7: When a Gift is Anothers Curse.
8: Sight and Darkness
9: Fear and Confussion
10: Sharpen the Tools
11: Parasites in the garden of Eden

Bonus tracks:
12: Black Morning
13: Inanimate solution
14: Between the Palms of the Tyrant Man accepted death as a bitter awakening

The bonus tracks are just other tracks that seemed lonely that I didn't think fit, but I liked and wanted to put some where.