Bloodbath Street Team...

Damnationx

Here's to hoping...
Jan 24, 2004
CT, USA
I say we start one. Who's with me?

Lets promote NMF like hell. We want Bloodbath in the US don't we? :hotjump:

street teams are for stupid bands like Linkin Park.

Bloodbath is too cool for street teams. I mean, isn't wearing their shirt to church enough?

Why is doing a street team for linkin park only?

The way to break trends is to do things that arent supposed to be done.

Just my opinion though.

EDIT: and its always easier to get a band over here to tour when there is lots of interest. So even if you guys don't like the street team idea, force all your friends to listen to NMF! :cool:

it would insult the band. Hell, I'm not gonna sit on a corner and hand out flyers like some loser in order to get free goodies.
I have a bloodbath shirt, I have access to their albums, and I have a forum that gives me direct access to the members of Bloodbath so I can complain, whine, bitch, and beg until they come to America.

I don't need to sit my ass on a street corner to get their attention, or the attention of others. In a metal community, if people see a shirt with a band they don't know, they ask you about it!!! THATS street team for real metal.

Jinn said:
it would insult the band. Hell, I'm not gonna sit on a corner and hand out flyers like some loser in order to get free goodies.
I have a bloodbath shirt, I have access to their albums, and I have a forum that gives me direct access to the members of Bloodbath so I can complain, whine, bitch, and beg until they come to America.

I don't need to sit my ass on a street corner to get their attention, or the attention of others. In a metal community, if people see a shirt with a band they don't know, they ask you about it!!! THATS street team for real metal.

So now i'm not metal because I wanted to promote a band?

o-fucking-k.

I was the first person in CT to play NMF on a radio station. I think i've done my part.

EDIT: just to clarify, i didnt mean to do it for "free goodies" i meant just print out some flyers and fucking throw em up at your respective college/school/work/community bulletin board, etc.

Agreed on everything you said.
Maybe we should ask to Blakkheim, knowing he's opinion can give the chance to start a great debate, don't you think Jinn?
So, what's your opinion Blakkie?

\m/ :kickass:
Luz.-

Jinn said:

I don't understand. Why is it bad to promote a band?

We're too metal to tell people about a good band?

anyone?

and Luz, you agree with Jinn or me? (i'm guessing jinn)

Well friend, that's my opinion here, is not bad to promote a band, but I was used to see how people promote bands like nu metal or stuff like that, I agree on supporting underground metal...maybe this is a contradiction, but I think this is too much...
We aren't too metal...that's not the point either. Everyone has different opinions about this, of course if you think it's good to do Street team you can do wathever you want because is your choice. But for me, nope.
And I was agree with Jinn, his point is pretty clear.
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Damnationx said:
I don't understand. Why is it bad to promote a band?

We're too metal to tell people about a good band?

anyone?

and Luz, you agree with Jinn or me? (i'm guessing jinn)

No, you're not metal because you want us to actually get off our asses and spread Bloodbath like a bunch of pussies by wasting trees and money to print out flyers - a good half of which that will end up in the trash.

Also, it may just be me, but when people shove a flyer in my face, I tend to not want to read the damn thing. I'd rather have the guy sit down with me somewhere and explain who this band is, what their sound is, and why the hell I should care.

[edit - we talked about this already, but I was done with the damn post :) ]

After IMing Jinn about this. Street Team wasn't the right terminology to use.

I meant: Promote the band. Tell your metalhead friends to take a fucking listen, because i'm sure we could hook people on Bloodbath

Well, in all fairness, people who like metal MAY not like Bloodbath.

My friend Derek who likes A LOT of good shit isn't into Bloodbath. So being a metalhead doesnt mean you'll automatically dig their stuff. Thats why you gotta play them for people! :headbang:

deliverance said:
since this topic is lame, let me just say instead, that Enslaved - Reogenesis is a fucking good song. that riff, FUCKKKKKKKKKk.
i'll be puttin up enslaved's first demo on ebay in a little while.. now THAT is zum timeless riffs right there...

anyways, knowin u guyz wearing our shirts and cranking our cd's is fukkin makin my day. tryin get yer friends into it, is the best favor u can do! but pushing it onto anyone else or doing anything else than that is not necessary/demanded/wished for. as for the touring part - that responsibility is on our end. we know u would be there... cheerz!