Blooddrunk US Tour w/ TBDM & BTBAM

I already got my tickets for the October 10th show. This will be my first Bodom concert though I had the chance two times before.

I am extremely excited, but to make sure, is Follow the Reaper in the setlist for all the dates or has there been ones where they didn't play it? Its easily my favorite Bodom song.

IMG_1342.jpg

Is that AE drummer? If yes, what the fuck is he doing there?

Apparently there is a contest to win a dinner with COB before the NY show. I can't enter the contest because its sponsored by my radio station. But I did request to interview COB. So maybe this means I got my chance to interview COB.

looool OMG is that really TRUE !! Haahaaaaa that wud be so OWESOME FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1½11

:worship:

Whhhooaaaa Viking fck that sounds like a muvafcking great show there m8 !! Show of my dreams it sounds like ! Good going ! :headbang:

:kickass:

Edit : Think I actually wud print ur review n keep it....

just got back from Bodom, my ear pussy is thoroughly ravaged. the opening bands played surprisingly well, although their sets were 15min too long imo :p. Bodom kicked ass, as expected. I lol'd at the Team America intro, and then they blasted follow the reaper, that was awesome. the place was sold out, and there were people straight up hopping fences to get in. I was front row for LDB and Hellhounds, and then i went upstairs to join my buddy on the balcony (the sound quality was way better up there, and i didn't feel like being drenched in other people's sweat lol, it was soooo hot). They played Angels Don't Kill, Smile Pretty For The Devil, Sixpounder... eventually, they got to Children of Decadence :)blush:!!). That was a really nice treat. Hate Me!, of course, more songs, and Hatecrew Deathroll. Ever since the CRY DVD, I've always wanted to be a part of screaming that break-down in the crowd. god that was so cool, everyone knew the words ("we're the hate crew, we stand and we don't fall" bit), in fact everyone knew the words to just about -every- song. They played Bed of Razors at some point, and I was surprised to hear everyone around me singing along. Ended with Downfall, of course. Only major complaint was that they cut out the solos! I mean, Alexi took a few solos in between songs, but they didn't have a drum solo, nor a keys/solo battle, nor a Roope solo. Alexi was really clean, that was a major plus; he did fuck up the Children of Decadence solo, Bed of Razors (might have been Roope, it was the harmony bit), and a few others, but not enough for me to really give a shit. The energy, the stage presence, the showmanship, the technicality, it was all there. All in all, a great show.

So I'm guessing you didn't get to meet them? did you find the tour buses?

I got to meet Henkka after the show, he signed my shirt. Roope just went straight in :lol:. the show ended around 11:45, and we ended up leaving around 12:30. I'm not that much of a fanboy :p. I saw Alexi before the show, but he just came out, gave us the rock on, and went straight into the venue.

speaking of fanboys, get this: some kid gets there at 11:30 to get his signature Alexi LTD signed by the band. he waits 8 hours to get it signed by roope, jaska, and henkka... apparently alexi was sleeping until 5 lol. I showed up with my buddy around 6 ish, and that's when we saw alexi, but we were soon kicked out (the guy didn't get his guitar signed lol). but for reals, I don't think anyone's signature is worth that much effort.

I didn't get to meet the band, no, but it really wasn't a huge deal to me. I was there to see them play, and that's really what counted for me, especially because they really rocked the house.

that's cool. at least you got to meet Henkka. and that sucks for that dumbass kid. tho having roope sign it still means a lot, so at least he got that. but yeah, waiting that long only for a signature isn't worth it. if you actually get to hang out with the guys for a while, then it is.

that's cool. at least you got to meet Henkka. and that sucks for that dumbass kid. tho having roope sign it still means a lot, so at least he got that. but yeah, waiting that long only for a signature isn't worth it. if you actually get to hang out with the guys for a while, then it is.

lol, well they talked with roope a bit, but still. the band didn't really seem that into greeting the fans, i got lucky with Henkka because he didn't stay long lol. he signed my shirt, i shook his hand, told him it was a great show, and then he was mobbed by everyone else :lol:. this one drunktard lady kept asking him why the entire band couldn't sign her back, i could tell that was really pissing him off. he was a really chill guy though, down to earth etc. I was going to try and pop out during TBD or BTB&M, but security was really strict, although they did allow moshing. the venue was way too small for the kind of crowd they drew XD

I never try to hang out with the guys from bands, because I know that it means nothing to them, same goes for signatures and photos. On top of that I think that they are normal people, so why would I want to spend hours only to have the chance to meet them?

Another case would be if I had the chance to talk about guitars, practicing, tricks etc.

I just saw that CoB and Slipknot come to our neighbourtown and MAYBE I can go for free, that would be awesome.

^ Actually I agree with that. cuz even if you do meet them, it's not like you all are friends and you have so much to talk about. But I think it's the fact that we admire these guys so much is what makes us want to meet them. Like when you look back at the pictures later on, it's kind of an inspiration to keep playing and keep trying to get better.

I never try to hang out with the guys from bands, because I know that it means nothing to them, same goes for signatures and photos. On top of that I think that they are normal people, so why would I want to spend hours only to have the chance to meet them?

I don't necessarily think that meeting fans means nothing to them. All people react to others differently and put their own value upon their experiences. Depending on the circumstances, a fan and the one they look up to can have a mutually uplifting experience.

I've met some significant metal figures in my day where we had meaningful conversations spanning almost an hour. Janne was one of them. I can't remember exactly, but it CoB's second tour in the states it was with either with Iced Earth or LoG, but Janne back then wasn't as well known and was chillin in the crowd watching the show. I had my Unknown Soldier and Beyond Abilities booklets and a pen with me; I wish you guys could've seen Janne's face light up when I brought those out for him to sign. We talked about everything, where I bought his cds, what my favorite solo of mine was from him (mask of sanity!), how he had short hair before etc. The coolest conversation we had was about the Kotipelto albums he played keys on and the recording process he went through for those albums. Anyway, I think he enjoyed meeting a fan that actually knew about them. It all depends on certain factors, don't let some misperception of the ones you look up to stop you from meeting who you like. Just don't let yourself get let down if they don't care as much as you would like.