Blooddrunk US Tour w/ TBDM & BTBAM

I'm afraid of the Hot Topic COB crowd :lol:

but I'll probably be reporting the show from the upstairs level, away from everyone :D

Last night at the Wiltern was a fucking BLAST! I met up with Michael (eveningninja) and his friends. And at first we were doubtful if we would get into the pit cuz soo many people kept cutting in line in front of us. But everything was fine once we got in cuz a lot of those people in front of us had to go back to the car to remove their belts and some had up tickets and they didn't even know it. HAHAHA at them. Anyway so we got perfect spots all the way up in front. a few tiny, short girls were in front of us, but that was good cuz it actually prevented my ribs from getting bruised on the railing. I was in the center, but a little more on Roope's side. I kept giving him the horns and he acknowledged them by turning his guitar sideways and pointing it in our direction. Alexi was in a REALLY good mood. No puking or anything. He said something like "Los Angeles is the real muthafucking hate crew. You guys blow the other guys out of the water" or something like that. It's cuz the people in the pit had a lot of energy. and I hate how everyone went absolutely crazy when they played newer songs like In Your Face and Hellhounds on My Trail. I personally went crazy when they played Bed of Razors, SNBN, FTR, Children of Decadence...like all the good old songs. Nobody even knew the words for these songs either, how sad. they all sang along to the new shit tho. And Jaskka was a sweetheart. after the set was over, he came up to the front of the stage and started touching everyone's hands, I caught a hold of one of his finger, haha. But those little girls in front of me were so annoying. They were like 13 and every time Henkka would walk to our side they made hearts with their hands and they were jumping up and down like little teeny-boppers, which they are I guess. ANYWAYS, after the show, we went by the tour buses and met some guys from BTBAM and TBDM. Nice guys. AND THEN Janne started walking up to meet us! He was in a good mood too. He took lots of pics with everyone, signed autographs and everything. I got my pick signed by him :D altho I really wanted it signed by Roope or Alexi. The rest of bodom came out later on, but they just came out to get in the limo. And guess who was with them? That kid who won the Blooddrunk solo contest! haha, that lucky mofo. I'm pretty sure they all headed out to the Rainbow Club since it was so nearby.

Anyways, maybe Michael will post the pics, they're on his friend's camera.

Aw,that sounds deadly! Can't wait till they come back to Europe now :kickass: Children of decadence and Bed of Razors, :kickass: they'd better be planning on making these more permanent setlists.. I'd loooove to hear Chokehold live at a show too. Are they playing SPFTD at these shows?

yeah they played SPFTD. I also hope Bed of Razors and FTR get added to their setlist more regularly. And I've decided I'm only gonna go to the shows that Bodom headlines from now on. Going to shit like Gigantour isn't worth it.

Did anyone see the announcement for dinner prior to the NY show? Its a contest sponsored in part by my radio station, 89.5 FM WSOU :D
I didn't even know about this, but now I'm so fucking excited. I wonder if that means I'm getting to do my interview...I should go find that out.

Apparently there is a contest to win a dinner with COB before the NY show. I can't enter the contest because its sponsored by my radio station. But I did request to interview COB. So maybe this means I got my chance to interview COB.

I'd enter if I lived in America :bah: Aw I hope you get your interview! It'd be hard to come up with questions they haven't heard before though.. if you do get the chance could you ask Alexi what significance the number 33 has for him? Always wondered bout that one..

I will remember that question. I would have to ask about blooddrunk, blah blah blah, etc. if I did get the interview. It would be tons of fun though and I don't know if I could let Alexi on air. He curses a little too much for our pathetic 8 seconds worth of on air delay. I would be so extremely nervous that a curse went over air....

from Blabbermouth:

Metal Feast' With Members Of CHILDREN OF BODOM, TESTAMENT, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Sep. 23, 2008
Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced a special New York City-area promotion centered around their October 9 appearance at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Sponsored by Sirius Satellite Radio, The Aquarian Weekly, retailers Vintage Vinyl and Looney Tunes and WSOU, the promotion provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance for metal fans to not only meet the Finnish heavy metal titans, but also eat dinner with them! The COB "Metal Feast" will also be attended by members of all three of the show's opening acts — TESTAMENT, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER.

For additional details and to register to win, fans should listen to WSOU and Sirius' Hard Attack channel or enter either online or in person at Vintage Vinyl and Looney Tunes or via The Aquarian Weekly's web site. Ten lucky winners will be chosen.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Last night at the Wiltern was a fucking BLAST! I met up with Michael (eveningninja) and his friends. And at first we were doubtful if we would get into the pit cuz soo many people kept cutting in line in front of us. But everything was fine once we got in cuz a lot of those people in front of us had to go back to the car to remove their belts and some had up tickets and they didn't even know it. HAHAHA at them. Anyway so we got perfect spots all the way up in front. a few tiny, short girls were in front of us, but that was good cuz it actually prevented my ribs from getting bruised on the railing. I was in the center, but a little more on Roope's side. I kept giving him the horns and he acknowledged them by turning his guitar sideways and pointing it in our direction. Alexi was in a REALLY good mood. No puking or anything. He said something like "Los Angeles is the real muthafucking hate crew. You guys blow the other guys out of the water" or something like that. It's cuz the people in the pit had a lot of energy. and I hate how everyone went absolutely crazy when they played newer songs like In Your Face and Hellhounds on My Trail. I personally went crazy when they played Bed of Razors, SNBN, FTR, Children of Decadence...like all the good old songs. Nobody even knew the words for these songs either, how sad. they all sang along to the new shit tho. And Jaskka was a sweetheart. after the set was over, he came up to the front of the stage and started touching everyone's hands, I caught a hold of one of his finger, haha. But those little girls in front of me were so annoying. They were like 13 and every time Henkka would walk to our side they made hearts with their hands and they were jumping up and down like little teeny-boppers, which they are I guess. ANYWAYS, after the show, we went by the tour buses and met some guys from BTBAM and TBDM. Nice guys. AND THEN Janne started walking up to meet us! He was in a good mood too. He took lots of pics with everyone, signed autographs and everything. I got my pick signed by him :D altho I really wanted it signed by Roope or Alexi. The rest of bodom came out later on, but they just came out to get in the limo. And guess who was with them? That kid who won the Blooddrunk solo contest! haha, that lucky mofo. I'm pretty sure they all headed out to the Rainbow Club since it was so nearby.

Anyways, maybe Michael will post the pics, they're on his friend's camera.

Nice! I was wondering if you ended up meeting the band or not. I was actually really impressed by Bodom's performance, they played every song almost flawlessly like it was an everyday thing and it even seemed like they played at a faster tempo. I'm suprised that you didn't like Gigantour though! Bodom played really well there too and they even played some songs like LDB that they didn't play on this tour. Plus seeing 3 metal giants like CoB, In Flames and Megadeth all at one show was so rare; I'm sure that show would have been many other metal head's dream come true!