Blut Aus Nord - MoRT

Nate The Great said:
I've had the promo for well over a month now. It is good. It's more atmospheric. He's basically trying to be more atmosheric now. His stuff with Sunn 0))) influenced him a little, but it is definitely still Xasthur.
Nate, am I wrong? Do the songs on the disc not sound eerily similar?

Zod

General Zod said:
Nate, am I wrong? Do the songs on the disc not sound eerily similar?

Zod

Actually, you're not alone. I'm not digging it at all and really do not find much to be unique song by song. A pretty monotonous listen (at least the first time around). Disappointed as I had high hopes for it.

I believe the album is supposed to be several parts of a single song. That explains some of it--but shit, there are tons of 5 minute songs with more variety than this thing, and the net of it is that it tends to all run together. They create a first class atmosphere, but this album is pretty one dimensional. I still don't think it's bad, but it is a let down after the last one.

I agree there isn't a great amount of variety. It does sound like a 47 minute long song for the most part. Then again, there is some variation and it's a song I enjoy getting lost in for that 47 minutes.

I'll be buying this.

Blut Aus Nord didn't want to creat TWWTG again. So they did a total trip into a black hole on this new one. I agree that the variety is lacking. But look at it for what it is, not for what it isn't.

Nate The Great said:
Blut Aus Nord didn't want to creat TWWTG again. So they did a total trip into a black hole on this new one. I agree that the variety is lacking. But look at it for what it is, not for what it isn't.
Agree, and have no problem with that. Still, if this was the first time I'd heard this band I'd have the same complaint, although I'd probably voice it a little less loudly.

and a quick followup ... that was fast!

French extremists BLUT AUS NORD have posted the cover artwork for their new album, "Odinist", at this location. According to the group's record label, Candlelight Records, "this opus is considered by the band as a return to the feeling of their first creations. More epic, melodic and powerful!"

CANDLE179CD.jpg

So, I'm listening to Odinist right now, and they were right when they said it was a return to their older, more powerful. My opinion on the album is still pretty undecided. A good album? Yes. Anything more, I'm gonna have to listen to it quite a bit more to see.

So, I'm listening to Odinist right now, and they were right when they said it was a return to their older, more powerful. My opinion on the album is still pretty undecided. A good album? Yes. Anything more, I'm gonna have to listen to it quite a bit more to see.

I really like Odinist, nice to wake up to in the morning ;)

MorT is more experimental and for late night hours