bm or dm?

black or death?

• bm

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • dm

Votes: 70 64.2%

• Total voters
i like some bm, emperor - anthems to the welkin at dusk and ulver - bergtatt are two of my favorite albums. But i enjoy more death metal bands than bm

Black Metal.

Most Death Metal is boring and generic, there's only a few bands which stand out from the rest (Cryptopsy, Suffocation etc).

Black metal has a bit more variety.

(psst...isn't this poll kinda biased since it's in an opeth forum?)

Blackhorse_Experience said:
Yea man, thats my favorite Emperor album. Its great...

cool, thanks dude, i'll definetly buy it then.

ænimated said:

um....no. haha why would you think just because the band whose forum we are on plays dm, that no one would like bm? that's a pretty dumb assumption. almost as ridiculous as that kid who said, 'JEEZ! NO1 listenz to OPETH!? it's all these other Badns! and its tHERi FORUM!!!!11' (i think in the random playlist or my NP thread)

Im listening to In their Darkened Shrines right now and god damnit its fuckin hard to say, this album is a fuckin beast of an album, one of my favorite death metal albums, but jesus i love Blood of Heroes by Graveland both Nightside and Anthems by Emperor but then again i love Blood Red Throne and fuckin Psycroptic, but alla then again i love fuckin darthrone, wait no i dont, i love Blut Aus Nord and Enslaved, holy fuck but then again i fuckin love bloodbath and death and morbid angel, looks like its about even, god just enjoy both genres you wieners

nile? man, so boring. oh well.

to answer the question: my experience is that most of either genre is shit music. basic, repetitive, intensely negative and depressing, and shit-sounding. but maybe thats the point. so maybe ill shut up.

haha! i just remembered that i recently got reprimanded by metal ages for starting threads that had, as the subject, a period. how'd you get away with this? im jealous.

^eh, it's a pretty straightforward question...if he talks to me i'll change it but i think it's pretty self-explanatory, i was just kinda curious what the general makeup of the board was

ænimated said:
yeah i'm actually kinda surprised bm is doing as well as it is

I just find that theres more bm bands worthy of praise then dm. Theres a lot of good bm bands out there but death metal.. well I can only think of a atmospheric / creative handful.