Bonus DVD w/ paradise lost SE

i got the same amazon.co.uk message about the delay in shipment, i wonder why.

i really don't mind though, i've been playing the fuck out of the album on my mp3 player. still, there's the DVD to watch, but that could wait.

My FYE store had it with the DVD on sale for $16.99 + tax = $18.01
The FYE website would have been $16.25 after shipping and tax. I felt the $1.76 wasn't worth the hassle of ordering online, waiting, and wondeing what condition it will arrive in, so I just bought it.

My Best Buy got 2 of the digi-pak versions in and they were $14.99 there.

Fucking Amazon! :mad:

"We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Symphony X (Artist) "Paradise Lost + Bonus DVD [Limited Edition]
[Extra tracks] [Collector's Edition]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 01/08/07 - 17/08/07"

I can't cancel the order either...bastards.

OMFG

http://www.fye.com/Paradise-Lost--F...VproductId18548586VVcatId458211VVviewprod.htm

$12.99, why did I waste my time with amazon.co.uk!

That's pretty much the same email I got to today. Useless bunch of cocknockers..... :puke:

That's pretty much the same email I got to today. Useless bunch of cocknockers..... :puke:

I ordered the one from FYE, and sure enough, I get this from amazon.co.uk a few moments later!

"
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We thought you would like to know that the following item has been sent
to:

the_satanic_rabbit
United States

using International Mail.

1 Paradise Lost + Bonus DVD ... £12.76 1 £12.76

Shipped via International Mail (estimated arrival date: 04-July-2007).
"
wtf are they on today? o_O

My FYE store had it with the DVD on sale for $16.99 + tax = $18.01
The FYE website would have been $16.25 after shipping and tax. I felt the $1.76 wasn't worth the hassle of ordering online, waiting, and wondeing what condition it will arrive in, so I just bought it.

My Best Buy got 2 of the digi-pak versions in and they were $14.99 there.

I paid $14.99 today for mine. WTF? Nice of FYE to charge differently at some of its locations, and its website....

I went and got mine from FYE too. I just had that bad feeling something was going to get screwed up with my online order, and sure enough. But it's all good, I FINALLY have it! I've heard the quality on the DVD isn't great, but it's at least good to have until an actual live DVD comes out!

The video quality is ok in most spots, but the audio seems to suffer from the vid cam's mics being overloaded. Some sound better than others, and it's actually not as bad as I was expecting, mostly......

Less than professional quality material should really be reserved for fan club stuff. If you're putting out a supplementary DVD as part of a retail package, it really ought to be professional quality. Had there been a making of, bonus track or even interviews like on the special edition back catalogue CDs, it would have been more palatable.

Don't get me wrong though, it was great to see that stuff and I don't resent the extra couple of quid for it - I just don't think it has a place on a special edition DVD.

That is my only complaint about the entire thing, however, along with the special edition packaging in terms of practicality. That's right, musically the album is flawless and all I can do to fault it is whinge about the packaging.

The video quality is ok in most spots, but the audio seems to suffer from the vid cam's mics being overloaded. Some sound better than others, and it's actually not as bad as I was expecting, mostly......

I'm not upset about the quality because the DVD was a freebie, but honestly, if I didn't know the songs they are playing I wouldn't be able to make out a thing they are playing. The sound quality is truly that bad. Let's not kid ourselves. However, nothing was promised, and they even put a disclaimer at the beginning that forewarns you of this. So take it for what it's worth, which is infinitely more than it cost if someone, anyone, gets even a tiny bit of pleasure from it.

I'm not upset about the quality because the DVD was a freebie

Was it free? My standard edition hasn't arrived yet, but I thought the DVD was special edition only, and special fold out packaging is hardly worth the difference in price.

Yes, it was free. FYE describes it as a "Special Bonus DVD", or something like that. The CD packaging isn't any different because of it. They just boogered it to the back of the CD case in its own pouch. Once you remove it, you have the standard CD pack.

I found the CD at Best Buy for $14.99 without the DVD. I believe that is their regular price. FYE had it for $14.99 (sale price) with the DVD. Their actual price is something like $18.49. There is no indication that the price difference has anything to do with the DVD, I think FYE's prices are just higher than Best Buy's.

Yes, it was free. FYE describes it as a "Special Bonus DVD", or something like that. The CD packaging isn't any different because of it. They just boogered it to the back of the CD case in its own pouch. Once you remove it, you have the standard CD pack.

You got a pouch? The DVD was rubber cemented to the back cover, it peels off ok...... : )

Less than professional quality material should really be reserved for fan club stuff. If you're putting out a supplementary DVD as part of a retail package, it really ought to be professional quality. Had there been a making of, bonus track or even interviews like on the special edition back catalogue CDs, it would have been more palatable.

I COMPLETELY agree with this portion of your post.....

If anyone has the regular jewel case edition can they tell me what the actual cd itself looks like. The digipak ones have the squiggly spaghetti things all over it and yo can barely make out "Symphony X" that is printed on it. It seems to be that way in order to connect to the fold out spaghetti parts to make the full image so I though maybe the jewel case cd would have a different art style on it.