book your fest......

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
took this idea from Mike on the main facebook page...

make this realistic and within a real budget. Lets see what you all come up with. this isnt a fantasy line up....something that could actually work....also....keep it in the states / canada / mexico with where bands are from. need to keep it on the cheaper side.

5 bands each night.....

here is mine....

friday

Voivod (Headliner, maybe do the Dimension Hatross album)
Slough Feg
Volture
Tyrants Reign
Midnight Chaser

saturday
Nuclear Assault
Shok Paris
Skelator
Amulance
Zuul

I don't know what a realistic budget for this sort of thing is like, but this lineup would probably break it:

Friday
Manowar (playing their first three albums)
Riot
Omen
Rigor Mortis
High Spirits

Saturday
Manowar (playing albums 4-6)
Manilla Road
After Death (playing lots of Nocturnus songs)
Noble Beast
My upcoming Salem's Law tribute band

Friday

Solitude Aeternus
Widow
Split Heaven
Borrowed Time
Witches Mark

Saturday

Riot
Twisted Tower Dire
High Spirits
Seasons of the Wolf
Overlorde SR

Outside of Borrowed Time, this looks pretty good to me and looks very similar to something I would come up with, so I'm not even going to try.

took this idea from Mike on the main facebook page...

make this realistic and within a real budget. Lets see what you all come up with. this isnt a fantasy line up....something that could actually work....also....keep it in the states / canada / mexico with where bands are from. need to keep it on the cheaper side.

5 bands each night.....

here is mine....

friday

Voivod (Headliner, maybe do the Dimension Hatross album)
Slough Feg
Volture
Tyrants Reign
Midnight Chaser

saturday
Nuclear Assault
Shok Paris
Skelator
Amulance
Zuul

My only issue with this lineup is that both headliners are going to bring in the same people as they both are variations of thrash. Having said that, the only alteration I would have would probably be switching one of them (Nuclear Assault would be my preference) out for a traditional band. What that would be I don't know.

I don't know what a realistic budget for this sort of thing is like, but this lineup would probably break it:

Friday
Manowar (playing their first three albums)
Riot
Omen
Rigor Mortis
High Spirits

Saturday
Manowar (playing albums 4-6)
Manilla Road
After Death (playing lots of Nocturnus songs)
Noble Beast
My upcoming Salem's Law tribute band

Yeah, that would be pretty pricey but I'd love to see it. I think Manowar would be possible if the show started to sell out after a NUMBER of years of success. The nice thing about them though, is if that were to ever happen, it would be a guaranteed sellout if that was a US exclusive.

I take it you have not heard Dimension Hatross......it really isnt a thrash album. There are thrash elements but if you are trying to get people at the show to stay. These two bands will be those bands.

I take it you have not heard Dimension Hatross......it really isnt a thrash album. There are thrash elements but if you are trying to get people at the show to stay. These two bands will be those bands.

That's what I meant though. Thrash elements. I don't know, I guess I'm just big on diversifying the lineup. I honestly don't know a whole lot about Nuclear Assault though, I just know they are thrash and I like what I heard of them a while back. Probably two good headliners, I just think it would work better to have them headline two separate years imo.

I know Stormwarrior is overseas but if you get Kai Hansen as well it's kinda like two performances for 1.

Day 1
While Heaven Wept
Stormwarrior
Slough Feg
Zuul
Volture

Day 2
Kai Hansen w/ Stormwarrior (Walls of Jericho Set)
Split Heaven
Superchrist
Christian Mistress
Valkyrie

Mine is lame, but I spent the last 10 minutes on it so I might as well post it.

Friday

Twisted Tower Dire
Christian Mistress
Heretic
Argus
Salem Spade

Saturday

Manilla Road
Jack Starr's Burning Starr (no idea on expense or availability)
Lethal
Sinister Realm
Dantesco

Very affordable. Lethal lives about 10 minutes from me. I didn't even know anyone knew who they were. I could drive them up there with me. Most of them live in a trailer park so I'm sure they'd work for beer.