Your own ultimate lineup ideas...

WOW .....we have totally different taste in metal altogether.

Lol that's for sure, although maybe not as much as you think since I was trying to think of the fest in somewhat reasonable terms and I'm sure you were doing the same. The only band in your list I'd really care to see is Macabre and I can see them here a couple times a year for 5-10 bux.

My top 3 bands are Savatage, Evergrey and Maiden.

OK, I'll play. Format is the same, headliners on down to openers. I'll give Bavmorda some love and borrow some nice choices from others' lists. Only two bands that would need to be flown in from overseas. And trying to avoid bands that have already played.

FRIDAY (everything night):

Amorphis (with request to play lots of Tales From The Thousand Lakes and Elegy)
Atheist
Devin Townsend
While Heaven Wept
Bavmorda

SATURDAY (power night):

Iced Earth
Jag Panzer
Redemption
Scar Symmetry (with Astral Doors on standby)
Mindwarp Chamber

Though we clash quite a bit on the metal, I'm pleasantly surprised with your choices! I did not know that you were an Amorphis fan...though I am much more fond of their earlier work. A few of the bands you mentioned I have not heard of before, but I think it's a good balance.

Oh yeah, one more vote to add Agalloch! :headbang:

I love Amorphis but I only like early Amorphis upto and including Tunolea and I love ther last album. The middle stuff I'm not too much taken by. I think I went with the heavier stuff one night and the lighter stuff the next..I dunno.

OK, I'll play. Format is the same, headliners on down to openers. I'll give Bavmorda some love and borrow some nice choices from others' lists. Only two bands that would need to be flown in from overseas. And trying to avoid bands that have already played.

Atheist
Devin Townsend
While Heaven Wept
Bavmorda

SATURDAY (power night):

Iced Earth
Jag Panzer
Redemption
Mindwarp Chamber

That's a nice list also, I was thinking of putting Devin Townsend in on mine but I already had enough expensive bands.

I would go with a nice even price of 40 bucks for the two days...and make it 25 for each day.

I am coming to the fest not just to support it...I am coming to check out Solitude, Nov Doom, and Thurizas.

have you heard TYR yet? check them out.

thanks for your support..my fest can use all the help it can get.

That's a decent price. Gimme some time & I'll give you my estimate of how much each night would cost you...just for the bands themselves...to give you a ballpark idea of the initial investment.

And yeah...I've been meaning to check out TYR...what are they like?

So would ANYONE care to ever see Manowar at this fest?
(This is a serious question, and don't let Rob's opinion of Manowar influence your answer!!!!)

Although I would NEVER actually go to a Manowar concert...

If they were the last band of the evening and I had been drinking all night, there is NO WAY that I would NOT be up front going absolutely insane and yelling "Blow your speakers!" at the top of my lungs!:headbang:

(... I just hope that they wear more clothes on stage than they do on their album covers...:erk: )

I'm indifferent.

I am sure they are expensive.
They haven't done a full US tour in MANY MANY years.
In the past few years, they have played a handful of US shows at a time.
Therefore, I do believe it would be one hell of a draw.
Like anything though, that's just my opinion.

Atheist
Devin Townsend
While Heaven Wept
Bavmorda

SATURDAY (power night):

Iced Earth
Jag Panzer
Redemption
Mindwarp Chamber

That Saturday would make a hell of a show by itself!

Although I would NEVER actually go to a Manowar concert...

If they were the last band of the evening and I had been drinking all night, there is NO WAY that I would NOT be up front going absolutely insane and yelling "Blow your speakers!" at the top of my lungs!:headbang:

(... I just hope that they wear more clothes on stage than they do on their album covers...:erk: )

BAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

"Play it loud, don't play it low"