Your own ultimate lineup ideas...

Ok, for the record I don't care what anyone says, I have all the Manowar albums and they rock! Yes they're a little cheesey but oh well. The show with Immortal at Riley's Rockhouse was actually a bit of a dissapointment, they didn't go onstage until almost an hour after Immortal's set was done and they only played for an hour as well. WTF? :cry:

That's a decent price. Gimme some time & I'll give you my estimate of how much each night would cost you...just for the bands themselves...to give you a ballpark idea of the initial investment.

And yeah...I've been meaning to check out TYR...what are they like?

TYR are really great. Kind of doomy, epic music with very clean smooth vocals. Most songs are filled with viking themes....no chesse though. Trying to compare them...kind of like a viking version of Winds maybe. Check out the Napalm records page for sound samples. Even check MySpace...

Ok, for the record I don't care what anyone says, I have all the Manowar albums and they rock! Yes they're a little cheesey but oh well. The show with Immortal at Riley's Rockhouse was actually a bit of a dissapointment, they didn't go onstage until almost an hour after Immortal's set was done and they only played for an hour as well. WTF? :cry:

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
Were you at the same show I was?
Manowar played until like 1:30AM.
Maybe you don't know how a Manowar show works, but they usually take like a 15 minute break, and then do almost a 2nd set's worth of material.
(That night, it started with Wheels of Fire).

I would say they played for a total of almost 2 hours plus....

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
Were you at the same show I was?
Manowar played until like 1:30AM.
Maybe you don't know how a Manowar show works, but they usually take like a 15 minute break, and then do almost a 2nd set's worth of material.
(That night, it started with Wheels of Fire).

I would say they played for a total of almost 2 hours plus....

Probably not the same show 'cause if Manowar came back to do a second set then they played to an empty room. The whole place left at the same time as me and you can't fit that many people there so I'm sure it was empty by the time I left.

A lot of these festivals sound absolutely fucking great! I am not so hot with thigns like this but maybe on a lazy day I will revisit this thread.

Sorry Rob, I guess manly men looks like this:
Korn.jpg

I got all their albums too...it's just one of those things the older I get the less I care to hear about true metal warriors.

I've seen them a few times and an hour/hour 20 is about their usual headlining set in the US.

Okay I am going to give this a shot:

Friday:
Candlemass(co-headline)
Brainstorm(co-headline)
Swallow The Sun
Prototype
Agalloch

Saturday:
Symphony X
Solitude Aeternus
Attacker
Cage
Augury

That was a lot tougher than what I thought. Though mine is probably way too expensive.