Propose a potential realistic lineup here!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, we have had a number of threads where people have requested this band or that band.

How about a thread where you draft a potential and REALISTIC lineup!

By realistic, please take all the necessary logistics into consideration.
(For example, 10 European bands would break the bank!).

Here is one potential line-up I thought of:

FRIDAY
Solitude Aeturnus (Return headline performance)
Pyramaze
Power Quest
Cage
(local band)

SATURDAY
Candlemass
Trouble
Jag Panzer
Agalloch
(local band)

Yeah, some will love this, some will hate it.
My thoughts were this:
1) BALANCE! Good mix of genres each night
2) COST! (Only 2 overseas bands, err are some Pyramaze members from overseas? Maybe)
3) Pyramaze!!!! Whatever their first performance with Barlow is, it's going to be huge.
4) Robert Lowe (While I was not present on Friday, his performance seemed to be a highlight. Having SA headline Friday will bring people back. Candlemass on Sat is a given, assuming the funds can be raised).
5) TROUBLE being local (Love them or hate them, they will draw in people who previously may not have attended Powerfest. Also, they are looking to tour the US in March. Could fit in).

Finally, I know some will reply with, "JASONIC!! WTF!!! Where's the recommendation for Nov Doom acoustic?" The band has already stated that in the states they would not want to do this in a bar setting. While I am not speaking for the band, I would guess that the Pearl Room would be considered a "bar" setting.

Let's make this constructive, and not another pissing and moaning thread.
Furthermore, responses such as "BAND X does not draw" doesn't carry much weight, as you need to consider the whole package. Think about things like what bands might draw a different crowd.
(For example, having BOTH Trouble and Candlemass will almost guarantee the attendance of EVERY trad doom fan)
GO!!!

Fri
---
12th Gate
Pyrexia (they seem to be getting more exposure as of late)
Pyramaze
Cynic or Carcass
Nevermore
-----------------
Sat
---
*some opener*
Tub Ring (saw them in NYC with SGM... amazing live show. on cd, they're not as interesting... GREAT live show, guys... and they're from Chicago)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (amazing amazing amazing, from California)
Trouble
Candlemass

My list includes anything that is actually REASONABLE... the only thing that is remotely questionable is Candlemass.

Bob - All I am going to say is "never say never"
There is nothing physically preventing any band from playing (I mean unless someone is locked up!) EVERY man has his price!

Will - Tub Ring started out as a VERY bad pop punk band, and then later adopted the whole Mr Bungle worship thing. I have not heard their newer stuff. The only thing I question about them or Sleepytime is would having BOTH bands be serving the same purpose? I suppose Tub Ring being local might be a plus.

If Powerfest could be Nevermore's only or first US appearance of 2008, then major score indeed.

I assume we will be getting either Twelfth Gate or Ion Vein or both. The main local band I have yet to see live that I would like to is EDEN'S FALL. I think their brand of 80's thrash / meets Nevermore would be a nice addition.

Will - Tub Ring started out as a VERY bad pop punk band, and then later adopted the whole Mr Bungle worship thing. I have not heard their newer stuff. The only thing I question about them or Sleepytime is would having BOTH bands be serving the same purpose?

The fact that both bands were on the same show that I saw making it the best concert I've ever attended is what is making me add both of them. They're both VERY different styles of music and they both have a GREAT stage presence.

The fact that both bands were on the same show that I saw making it the best concert I've ever attended is what is making me add both of them. They're both VERY different styles of music and they both have a GREAT stage presence.

:erk: Ummm, really?

I seriously don't mean to knock these bands, as I haven't seen them live recently. I just think there would be very few folks interested in seeing those two bands take up two spots at a metal festival.

WOW....you really have zero taste. I will never get the terrible memory of having to sit through Tubring along time ago. It was fun heckling them.

FRIDAY
Agalloch
Electric Wizard
Trouble
Macabre
Asunder
Velnias

SATURDAY
Testament
Sigh
Power Band 1
Power Band 2
(local band)

Who are Asunder and Velnias??

LOVE the Electric Wizard add.
I know they toured the US once a few years back.

I would split out the Power metal bands between days.

I like the addition of Macabre.
They certainly have a loyal following.
Might bring in some knuckleheads to the show.