Your own ultimate lineup ideas...

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
I was listening to Power Metal since like 1985. Been into metal since about 82 or 83. I listened to tons of stuff from death metal to thrash to power metal back then. I was more into thrash and stuff. Anything from the Bay Area was my thing and mostly the german power metal stuff Noise was putting out.

There was tons better US power metal back in the day, like Watchtower and Heathen...well they were more of a speed power metal act I guess.

OK...gotcha. And regarding what you also said about wanting to make this fest huge...thanks. And I agree that there really isn't any ONE band that will sell it out, but we're hoping that the whole lineup offers enough variety to bring ppl in...plus the cheaper price should be cheap enough for anybody to be willing to pay for any one band they may like. We also know this is still another building year...especially given our budget.

Plus, you have to admit that you're VERY picky & your opinion varies greatly from any sort of majority. :p

OK...here's a challenge for you...give me a fest lineup you think would be the ultimate in your opinion using only active bands...and also try to keep in mind a somewhat realistic budget that 3 schmoes like us would be able to afford to invest...you can even be a bit generous, I'll give you that. ;) Also, give me what you honestly think would be the realistic drawing potential of your lineup. I'll be happy to give you the realistic cost of such a lineup & we'll see if your fest would put you in the poorhouse or not. ;)

Who knows...maybe you really do know your shit, and in which case I'll swear never to question what you know or don't know about such things. ;)

OK...gotcha. And regarding what you also said about wanting to make this fest huge...thanks. And I agree that there really isn't any ONE band that will sell it out, but we're hoping that the whole lineup offers enough variety to bring ppl in...plus the cheaper price should be cheap enough for anybody to be willing to pay for any one band they may like. We also know this is still another building year...especially given our budget.

Plus, you have to admit that you're VERY picky & your opinion varies greatly from any sort of majority. :p

OK...here's a challenge for you...give me a fest lineup you think would be the ultimate in your opinion using only active bands...and also try to keep in mind a somewhat realistic budget that 3 schmoes like us would be able to afford to invest...you can even be a bit generous, I'll give you that. ;) Also, give me what you honestly think would be the realistic drawing potential of your lineup. I'll be happy to give you the realistic cost of such a lineup & we'll see if your fest would put you in the poorhouse or not. ;)

Who knows...maybe you really do know your shit, and in which case I'll swear never to question what you know or don't know about such things. ;)

here it goes......

Friday

Headliner: Elvenking
Tyr
Cage
Usurper
Twisted Tower Dire

Saturday

Headliner: Wintersun
Heathen
Macabre
Novembers Doom
Cresant Shield

got a nice mix of power, folk, doom, death and thrash. some good locals and three out of country bands. Plus a few decent size US bands from out of state. let me know what you think.

exactly. if you people dont like the goddamn bands on the fest, just don't go. it's that simple

Is it? What if nobody came to this fest other than the 10-15 people on this board supporting the bands and the guys? Chances are there wouldn't be a Powerfest 2008. I think at some point the "disgruntled fans" deserve a chance to be heard, while some requests might be unreasonable, they may offer choices that could be viable for future festival and will draw more outside fans.

Personally I liked Rob's idea of throwing out some names of bands that we'd like to see that might be realistically within a budget.

That Said, here's my choices

Friday:
Cage (Great Power metal from San Diego)
Imagika (Great Thrash band from CALI)...
While Heaven Wept (One of the most underrated Symphonic Doom bands IMO)
Jag Panzer

Saturday:

Heed - Great Band from Europe
Ion Vein
Destiny's End (reunion)
Brainstorm - Needs no introduction...but, would they fit the budget? http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=tzuQK3SUjKC&aid=Uze2lodeGCE

Is it? What if nobody came to this fest other than the 10-15 people on this board supporting the bands and the guys? Chances are there wouldn't be a Powerfest 2008. I think at some point the "disgruntled fans" deserve a chance to be heard, while some requests might be unreasonable, they may offer choices that could be viable for future festival and will draw more outside fans.

Personally I liked Rob's idea of throwing out some names of bands that we'd like to see that might be realistically within a budget.

That Said, here's my choices

Friday:
Cage (Great Power metal from San Diego)
Imagika (Great Thrash band from CALI)...
While Heaven Wept (One of the most underrated Symphonic Doom bands IMO)
Jag Panzer

Saturday:

Heed - Great Band from Europe
Ion Vein
Destiny's End (reunion)
Brainstorm - Needs no introduction...but, would they fit the budget? http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=tzuQK3SUjKC&aid=Uze2lodeGCE

CAGE would have been perfect this year. Would love to see HEED. I expect good things from them if they stay together.

Trying to be comparable to this year's fest in terms of draw (no doom though).

FRIDAY

Jag Panzer
Astral Doors/Wolf (whoever's cheapest and would have fewer visa problems)
Hammers of Misfortune
Pharaoh
Delian League

SATURDAY

Atheist/Cynic (whoever's cheapest :) )
Heathen/Holy Terror/Toxik/Believer (all have reunited - whoever's cheapest :) )
Spawn of Possession/Psycroptic (I assume Spawn would be cheaper - Sweden vs. Australia)
Intronaut
Unexpect

here it goes......

Friday

Headliner: Elvenking
Tyr
Cage
Usurper
Twisted Tower Dire

Saturday

Headliner: Wintersun
Heathen
Macabre
Novembers Doom
Cresant Shield

got a nice mix of power, folk, doom, death and thrash. some good locals and three out of country bands. Plus a few decent size US bands from out of state. let me know what you think.

I would not attend this fest bro..no offense to you're lineup there.

I'll give the lineup thing a go although my lineup is probably a bit outrageous on the cost side (even tho I was trying to be realistic!) and one band isn't signed so they'd never make it to the lineup anyway.

Nevermore
Amorphis
Scar Symmetry
Thurisaz
Twelfth Gate

Crimson Glory
Brainstorm
Redemption
Ion Vein
Sacred Dawn

I'll give the lineup thing a go although my lineup is probably a bit outrageous on the cost side (even tho I was trying to be realistic!) and one band isn't signed so they'd never make it to the lineup anyway.

Nevermore
Amorphis
Scar Symmetry
Thurisaz
Twelfth Gate

Crimson Glory
Brainstorm
Redemption
Ion Vein
Sacred Dawn

WOW .....we have totally different taste in metal altogether.

Hey guys,

I've decided to move everyone's posts containing ideas of your own ultimate lineup...so as to not clutter up or disrespect the Lethal thread. Sorry I brought that up there...see what crazy shit Diabolik gets me to do... :p

Nevermore
Amorphis
Scar Symmetry
Thurisaz
Twelfth Gate

Crimson Glory
Brainstorm
Redemption
Ion Vein
Sacred Dawn

No Bavmorda? Bastard!

Oh man.........
Tough question....

I will give this a shot!!!

FRIDAY:
Rhapsody of Fire
Candlemass
Kataklysm
Machine Men
Macabre

SATURDAY:
King Diamond
Dream Evil
Wolf
Power Quest
Agalloch

So Rob..what did you think? let me know.

Sorry bro, but honestly other than Novembers Doom, I'd rather go see a movie. That is, if I didn't know you & didn't care about showing my support...but that's not the case, so I'd probably still go...which is why it sounds like you're coming to our fest....so thanks! ;) But the fact remains...

Although, depending on the price, I might still come out to the Saturday night because of ND & what little I've heard of Wintersun, which ain't too bad.

So, what would the price be? As that is very key.

Nevermore
Amorphis
Scar Symmetry
Thurisaz
Twelfth Gate

Crimson Glory
Brainstorm
Redemption
Ion Vein
Sacred Dawn

Though we clash quite a bit on the metal, I'm pleasantly surprised with your choices! I did not know that you were an Amorphis fan...though I am much more fond of their earlier work. A few of the bands you mentioned I have not heard of before, but I think it's a good balance.

Oh yeah, one more vote to add Agalloch! :headbang:

Sorry bro, but honestly other than Novembers Doom, I'd rather go see a movie. That is, if I didn't know you & didn't care about showing my support...but that's not the case, so I'd probably still go...which is why it sounds like you're coming to our fest....so thanks! ;) But the fact remains...

Although, depending on the price, I might still come out to the Saturday night because of ND & what little I've heard of Wintersun, which ain't too bad.

So, what would the price be? As that is very key.

I would go with a nice even price of 40 bucks for the two days...and make it 25 for each day.

I am coming to the fest not just to support it...I am coming to check out Solitude, Nov Doom, and Thurizas.

have you heard TYR yet? check them out.

thanks for your support..my fest can use all the help it can get.

Nevermore
Amorphis
Scar Symmetry
Thurisaz
Twelfth Gate

Crimson Glory
Brainstorm
Redemption
Ion Vein
Sacred Dawn

I'd go to this festival! And there would be the added benefit of being able to leave early on Saturday after Brainstorm and get a good night's sleep! :) My favorites in your list are Amorphis, Scar Symmetry, and Redemption.

Ken