book your fest......

curious to know how bands such as Acid Witch, Speedwolf, Lurking Corpses, Bones, Gates of Slumber and stuff in this vien would be welcomed? While it isnt traditional metal or classic power metal it still has lots in common with it. While heavier and such I think a lot of people who come to this fest or are interested have taste that range into this genre as well. I think that this would draw people who were into going to Rites of Darkness festival. I know for drawing locals this would be a big deal. I saw Acid Witch / Bones / Nunslaughter pretty much sell out Beat Kitched. Speedwolf packed Red Line Tap. These are some interesting acts all within driving distance of Chicago so expenses would actually be cheap and the bands draw.

anyone else have an opinion???

curious to know how bands such as Acid Witch, Speedwolf, Lurking Corpses, Bones, Gates of Slumber and stuff in this vien would be welcomed? While it isnt traditional metal or classic power metal it still has lots in common with it. While heavier and such I think a lot of people who come to this fest or are interested have taste that range into this genre as well. I think that this would draw people who were into going to Rites of Darkness festival. I know for drawing locals this would be a big deal. I saw Acid Witch / Bones / Nunslaughter pretty much sell out Beat Kitched. Speedwolf packed Red Line Tap. These are some interesting acts all within driving distance of Chicago so expenses would actually be cheap and the bands draw.

Fine by me. I picked up an Acid Witch disc on a whim at the fest and loved it.

Speedwolf is awesome, great live band, lots of hype, and would introduce a whole new crowd to the fest. Plus they throw in some killer Venom and Motorhead covers at their shows. That's not to say that crowd they draw would all stay around to watch the 'traditional' bands but a ticket sold is a ticket sold.

Bob - I think those bands would be welcomed because they are still in the underground scene.
Sure, musically they may not be 100% classic metal, but not as off the wall as booking Sonata Arctica (just an example) would be.

My only other thought on that would be to just stay away from true death metal or black metal.
Nothing against those genres, but that might be a bit too out there.
I guess to keep with it being a more traditional fest, the vocals should be clean for the most part.

King Diamond would be the obvious exception!