Borknagar @ Wacken 2009

Really? ;)

@Lefay: It does happen everywhere, here most Metal girls dress like sluts (I would say 7 out of 10). Not that I mind, but it does bother me that Metal has become so fashionable.

"Oh what bands do you like?"
"Hmm… Maiden and Mägo de Oz."

:rolleyes:

what disturbs me is not really a matter of how they dress. i mean, everyone is free to do what he/she wants, as i'm free to dress like a tank, they are free to dress like sluts. the fact is that it has become only fashion now.
when you go to concerts you see a lot of girls dress up as they would walk the catwalk, perfectly dressed and maked up, also at festivals, under the burning sun, with 40 fucking degrees (now you have to tell how is it possible, at the end of a festival i usually look like i'm just back from war), and they do it just because it's cool. it's cool to listen to metal, to dress and behave in a certain way, to frequent certain places, then you speak to them, and as you said, they know at least three or four groups (usually the biggest), and when they are out of these situations they listen to dance music, go to the disco, and stuff like that. they are one-night metalgirls :erk:
i really don't understand this phenomenon :loco:

Dave, I really like your double bass - solid and fast. Some songs have parts in them that originally don't have double bass, but adding some double bass live on those parts sounds cool.

I think he sounds allright, if anything he may have been suffering from the monitor problems on this tune, he sounds shaky and lost a bit. if he was in tune more could have been excellent.
im sure live it was still awesome.

I think he sounds allright, if anything he may have been suffering from the monitor problems on this tune, he sounds shaky and lost a bit. if he was in tune more could have been excellent.
im sure live it was still awesome.

Yea pretty much.

Even Vortex had trouble with this song live at Wacken in 1998. There's a video of it somewhere...

I never saw the videos of Simen at Wacken, heard they weren't too great. There's 5 up on youtube from when they toured with Emperor though and they're top notch.

I never saw the videos of Simen at Wacken, heard they weren't too great. There's 5 up on youtube from when they toured with Emperor though and they're top notch.

Yea, those are epic.
Let me try to find the Universal one from Wacken in '98...

There it is

Last edited by a moderator:
what disturbs me is not really a matter of how they dress. i mean, everyone is free to do what he/she wants, as i'm free to dress like a tank, they are free to dress like sluts. the fact is that it has become only fashion now.
when you go to concerts you see a lot of girls dress up as they would walk the catwalk, perfectly dressed and maked up, also at festivals, under the burning sun, with 40 fucking degrees (now you have to tell how is it possible, at the end of a festival i usually look like i'm just back from war), and they do it just because it's cool. it's cool to listen to metal, to dress and behave in a certain way, to frequent certain places, then you speak to them, and as you said, they know at least three or four groups (usually the biggest), and when they are out of these situations they listen to dance music, go to the disco, and stuff like that. they are one-night metalgirls :erk:
i really don't understand this phenomenon :loco:

I am in no way a metalhead. As in I do not dress like it and I'm not involved in the scene. Yet I know more about metal and enjoy it more than pretty much every woman I have ever met who claims to like it.

I always get this feeling a lot of metal women are making up for their lack of passion for the music by dressing up in silly "goth" clothing. Oh well, guys care more about a woman's appearence than her taste in music, so whatever.