Boss GT-8

bracky said:
I think it sounds pretty good but it did take a lot of tweaking of presets. What I mainly like about it is the 8 track recorder and drum machine. I wouldn't use it live but for messing around in my bedroom it's awesome.
thats true, but thats what i have Cubase for, so :loco:

hearing that the GT-8 will be higher price is actually good news for me, since i want the value of my gear to stay where it is or go up

the thing i don't like about my digitech is that it's really hard to just make up a sound you want from scratch, because i don't know much about all the sound qualities and whatnot... also, in switching between effects there is a slight pause which is annoying, especially if you like switching between clean and heavy alot

The Gt-6 is really great for creating your own patches. Its easy to get started making patches with the EZtone button, and then after you begin to get comfortable with it there are an almost unlimited number of possibilities. It gets a bit complex, but once you get past the learning curve its all smooth sailing from there. And unlike cheaper effects modules, the gt6 (and i would assume all gt models) don't have a break in between switching patches. You can tell as soon as you see a gt proccessor that its a high quality product.

i did notice that, as soon as i switch patches it responds almost instantly, unlike the RP i used to have that took enough time to switch that the change came on the next beat often. the GT is extremely technical if you want it to be, but as Dysperium said, you can use EZtone to make simple tweaks.

i use mine for effects chains and odd sounds like the string section, the brass, and the vocalizer because they're cool and otherwise hard to pull off without a lot more to my rig

I had teh GT-6 fora month..........bu tthen I returned it..........I think I wasnt ready for it then....!!!....I still use my RP digitech 100 ....hahaha.........even at gigs adn stuff......I love it........I might eventually give teh GT anotehr try alterz..........but for now........Im savin up for a new amp.thena new guitar...........though teh new GT looks very nice.........PEAC EOUT

^wha? i am selling my old GT-7 on Ebay right now. not sure what you're talking about.

The guy in the demo was using 2 Roland JC 120's with the GT-8. I done gots me one of thems. They have the most beautiful clean sounds. But yeah, I'm saving up money for a GT-6. Hopefully their prices will fall.

Dysperium said:
The Gt-6 is really great for creating your own patches. Its easy to get started making patches with the EZtone button, and then after you begin to get comfortable with it there are an almost unlimited number of possibilities. It gets a bit complex, but once you get past the learning curve its all smooth sailing from there. And unlike cheaper effects modules, the gt6 (and i would assume all gt models) don't have a break in between switching patches. You can tell as soon as you see a gt proccessor that its a high quality product.

i'm thinking about getting one, but i really like my amp distortion, and i am afraid of having a tone that sounds "artificial"...

I have found that you can get really good sounding distortions that don't sound artificial. However, I haven't been able to create a perfect distortion that I am completeley happy with. But overall, it surpasses all other processors in its class concerning this issue. Definetly get one if you're thinking about it, you'll love it after you get used to it.

Heh, I just bought a GT-6 last week. I returned it today and put a GT-8 on special order from Guitar Center.

Amount Paid for GT-6 (including tax) $423
Amount Paid for GT-8 (incl. Tax) $429

Not bad, eh? Hopefully it's in by the end of the month. But for now, back to my Korg AX30G....