Bottom E string

Low E picking problems often have to do with string tension. The low E being fatter and tuned lowest also tends to be the loosest and doens't stay in place very well. Try tightening up your tension and it should hold it's place better, allowing you to pick it more accuratly with much less guess work as to where it's going to be when you're picking

My picking problems on the low E come from not having a place to rest my picking hand. On all other strings, I can rest my palm on the bridge; however, on the low E, my hand suddenly has to float above the guitar. The loss of leverage is what gets me there. But it's not much of a big deal to me.

ABQShredHead said:
My picking problems on the low E come from not having a place to rest my picking hand. On all other strings, I can rest my palm on the bridge; however, on the low E, my hand suddenly has to float above the guitar. The loss of leverage is what gets me there. But it's not much of a big deal to me.
Yeah i completely understand, i think thats the main problem i have

When I pick fast on the low E sting, I usually rest the part below my thumb on/near the side of my bridge pickup. My wrist is nicely rooted there so it's almost exactly like playing on the other strings, it just feels a little different. It doesn't mute the string or anything either. It just took a little practice to get used to switching from that and playing on the other strings. Once I got used to it though, it just became automatic so I don't even notice it anymore.