Bought a Nile CD today.

Originally posted by deathbearer
I'm so sick of these mall core fans that lsiten to crap like Mudvayne,Deftones ect and put down exciting death bands like Nile..Nile are known for excellent production..Many of the instruments used are middle eastern instruments and require special production..The guitars don't sound muddy at all (maybe the bass since Chier Spires left) and the production on Nile's releases are excellent..Nile's tours are filled with TRL loving
teenagers and boy bands with guitars, Nile's tours
have top notch talent..No your shit before putting Mudvayne on a pedestal before Nile..Hails..-l-

You haven't been reading my posts.

Listen to Nile in your car with the windows down and drive faster than 40mph. Tell me how clear that mix sounds then. It's not like listening to Opeth, who have stellar production....

Have you ever heard Breeding the Spawn by Suffocation? Great Album ruined by horrible production. That's another one you can't listen to in the car. Thank goodness for Pierced from within and Despise the Sun.

I'm a fan of nice production. Some people hate it, and consider it selling out when you sound good, but that's them. Take early Cannibal Corpse albums for instance. Eaten back to life and Tomb of the Mutilated sound like crap compared to there last three albums. This is not to say Eaten and Tomb are bad albums, they just don't have good production.

If Nile could get the dude that did Bloodthirst by Cannibal, it would be fucking stellar. Or the guitar sound off that last Nevermore album, whew, that shit sounds fucking heavy (that singer makes me laugh too much though!)

As far as "mall core," I'm not sure what your referring too. If your talking about crap such as Disturbed and Godsmack and Creed, well okay, whatever....I guess you can lump in the Deftones and Mudvayne with them too. I like Deftones stuff, Mudvayne too. I like lots of stuff besides metal. However, the metal I do like is the good stuff, bands like Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Nile....(didn't we go over this already?)

I think you have to moderate your music, otherwise you'll wear it out on yourself. Metal can get a little tiring after while, as with any kind of music. (except for Opeth...I keep thinking I'm gonna wear them out, but it hasn't worked yet!)

I guess you've never heard of constructive criticism. Lord knows Opeth gets enough of it around here, and then they get the "know it all" criticism.

Whatever, what do I know? I like Mudvayne, so you probably won't even read any of this except for the first line or two and tell me to shut the fuck up and go masturbate to my Korn cds.

Muchos smooches,
Mr. mallcore

(Mudvayne on a pedestal, huh? I've seen Nile before on tour with Cannibal. How bout you? And where did I compare Mudvayne to Nile anywhere in this thread? That would be comparing apples to oranges.)

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
You haven't even heard the first Nile and you just came here to post how it's their best and how their new one sucks compared to it?

But why?

Dude, it was a joke. You missed it.

I'm so sick of these mall core fans that lsiten to crap like Mudvayne,Deftones ect and put down exciting death bands like Nile..Nile are known for excellent production..Many of the instruments used are middle eastern instruments and require special production..The guitars don't sound muddy at all (maybe the bass since Chier Spires left) and the production on Nile's releases are excellent..Nile's tours are filled with TRL loving
teenagers and boy bands with guitars, Nile's tours
have top notch talent..No your shit before putting Mudvayne on a pedestal before Nile..Hails..-l-

You could make a living of talking out of your arse.

I wish I vould make a living talking to arses like you, but I have no such time..If you've ever bought A Nile CD the band go through drastic measures to explain the story behind each song.."Over the years many people have writtenmus asking about the meanings and origins of our song lyrics..Out of dedication to our listeners we have deiced to include a brief description of each song on Black Seeds of Vengeance"-Nile
Invocatation of the gate of Aat-Ankh-es-en-Amenti-
"This piece fearures a Midddle Eastern Instrument called the Arghoal.."The Arghoal is kind of double reed Oboe with a mouthpiece made of two pieces of reed"..
This explanation of instruments used was also included on the liner notes to Niles Black Seeeds of Vengeance:
Libation unto the shades who lurk in the shadows of the temple of Anhur:
"This instrumental piece urilzes a gut string,classical guitar,,monk chanting and gongs..
It was recorded in the stone echo chamber located underneath the basement of Sound Lab studios..."
"Multiple Neumann microphones were used as to catch the reverberating echos of the guitar reflecting off the chambers stone walls.."
Bitch

quote:

Originally posted by Fyhed
Hahahahaahahahaha......oh dear...

"special production" ?!?!

Yea right mate, all of the "middle eastern" instruments are MIDI...straight
off of the synth...

idiot...
IF YOU GUYS WOULD LERAN TO READ LINER NOTES, AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YER, UM...ASSES MAYBE YOU WOULD UNDERTAND THE SPECIAL PRODUCTION FOR BSOV/NILE AND THE MIDI IS ONLY USED LIVE..MATE..LOL..THEY ONLY USE THE MIDII LIVE TO REPRESENT THE RECORDINGS..IF YOU WOULD ROLL YER WINDOW UP AND LISTEN TO NILE IN A NICE CALM ENVIORMENMENT YOU COULD REALIZE THAT THE CD IS WELL RECORDED,PRODUCED AND MIXED..BUT YOU STIL HAVE YOU HEAD UP YOUR ASSES AS TOU LISTEN TO MUDVAYNE..LOL..LMAO...HAILS..FROM THE USA..AS I'VE SEEN NILE 5 TIMES..-l-

ACTUALLY, Nile do use some Egyptian instruments. You would know this if you'd actually read the "Black seeds of Vengeance" song notes properly.

Strange you people say that "Amoungst the Catacombs..." and "Black Seeds..." have better production than "...Darkened Shrines". The thing that struck me most about "...Darkened Shrines" when I put it on, was how much better the production was than on "Black Seeds...".

Oh and "Masturbating the War God" is a good title. It (in a way) describes what happens when all the women prisoners were impaled on the War God's stone "phallus" (yes were describing in a Nile kind of way).

I got to the show at the Mean Fiddler, and got some pretty good photos of them. I also shook all their hands and Karl signed my ticket :)

Maybe if you guys or Brits would get your heads out um, arses and get past your trendcore like Mydvayne and actually roll yer window up so you can here the diminished appregios and the great guitar tone that D. T. Wade and Karl Sanders get out of thier guitars and realize that half of the bands that are generic nu metal (Mudvayne. Korn) use drop D tunings and use NO guitar solos..Totally different guitar tuning and sound..The production of BSOV was dman good, at least compared to this new Immolation Cd Unholy Cult (I like Immolation) Nile's production, mixing and mastering is exellent..Hails..-l-

Yup, YOU. Nile's orchestration is entirely computer generated.
Ugh, I'm not going through this again, read one of my posts..'puter generated only live from midi, only live.. Real egyption instruments are used in the studio..Read the liner notes of the last few Nile releases..

why do people get so annoyed with Nile's egyptian image?
Its just an "image." Its gimmicky, its fun, its fantasy. The music has great melodies, regardless of what you associate them with (personally, I never thought they sounded that egyptian... whatever thats supposed to sound like)

It seems to me the people who hate nile hate more the adolation they receive from people proclaiming them the reincarnation of King Tut or something, hehe

I wish I vould make a living talking to arses like you, but I have no such time..If you've ever bought A Nile CD the band go through drastic measures to explain the story behind each song.."Over the years many people have writtenmus asking about the meanings and origins of our song lyrics..Out of dedication to our listeners we have deiced to include a brief description of each song on Black Seeds of Vengeance"-Nile
Invocatation of the gate of Aat-Ankh-es-en-Amenti-
"This piece fearures a Midddle Eastern Instrument called the Arghoal.."The Arghoal is kind of double reed Oboe with a mouthpiece made of two pieces of reed"..
This explanation of instruments used was also included on the liner notes to Niles Black Seeeds of Vengeance:
Libation unto the shades who lurk in the shadows of the temple of Anhur:
"This instrumental piece urilzes a gut string,classical guitar,,monk chanting and gongs..
It was recorded in the stone echo chamber located underneath the basement of Sound Lab studios..."
"Multiple Neumann microphones were used as to catch the reverberating echos of the guitar reflecting off the chambers stone walls.."
Bitch

quote:

Originally posted by Fyhed
Hahahahaahahahaha......oh dear...

"special production" ?!?!

Yea right mate, all of the "middle eastern" instruments are MIDI...straight
off of the synth...

idiot...
IF YOU GUYS WOULD LERAN TO READ LINER NOTES, AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YER, UM...ASSES MAYBE YOU WOULD UNDERTAND THE SPECIAL PRODUCTION FOR BSOV/NILE AND THE MIDI IS ONLY USED LIVE..MATE..LOL..THEY ONLY USE THE MIDII LIVE TO REPRESENT THE RECORDINGS..IF YOU WOULD ROLL YER WINDOW UP AND LISTEN TO NILE IN A NICE CALM ENVIORMENMENT YOU COULD REALIZE THAT THE CD IS WELL RECORDED,PRODUCED AND MIXED..BUT YOU STIL HAVE YOU HEAD UP YOUR ASSES AS TOU LISTEN TO MUDVAYNE..LOL..LMAO...HAILS..FROM THE USA..AS I'VE SEEN NILE 5 TIMES..-l-

Jeez louise.

Okay. One more time. I like Nile. I think they're great. I like their subject matter, and I especially appreciate their musicianship. Seen em live, bought a few records, think they're badass. All I mentioned was the guitars could be recorded/mixed a little better, and suddenly I watch TRL and Mudvayne is my saviour.

What are you, their manager? Calm down, for heavens sake. And you still aren't reading my posts all the way through...jeepers.

I'm not trying to diss Nile at all, okay? But you need to calm down with your "I'll hit them with the proof in the liner notes" approach, because it's making you look dumber. Libation unto the shades... "utilizes a gut string classic guitar (nothing too ancient about that, you listed a 'gut string' as an instrument...what is that?), monk chanting (sampled), and gongs (last time I checked, people still use these)." And yes, they used cool mic placement in a stone room to get that nice reverb tone. Using different mic setups and odd rooms is a pretty modern recording technique, so I don't see what's so special about it, other than it sounds really nice.

So let's see, you're arguing how this song was recorded when it features no distorted guitar, and that's pretty much what I was speaking about, in that I was suggesting that better distorted guitar production would make the album sound better, to MY ears nonetheless?

It is plainly obvious that you rushed to type all that out so you could prove yourself right and that you are overly defensive. You are arguing with me over points that I didn't mention, and telling me my opinion of Nile's guitar tone makes me Carson Daly's biggest fan.

Please, take your pills.

Maybe if you guys or Brits would get your heads out um, arses and get past your trendcore like Mydvayne and actually roll yer window up so you can here the diminished appregios and the great guitar tone that D. T. Wade and Karl Sanders get out of thier guitars and realize that half of the bands that are generic nu metal (Mudvayne. Korn) use drop D tunings and use NO guitar solos..Totally different guitar tuning and sound..The production of BSOV was dman good, at least compared to this new Immolation Cd Unholy Cult (I like Immolation) Nile's production, mixing and mastering is exellent..Hails..-l-

Oh jeez, now you're a guitar expert!!!

Mudvayne is tuned down a step, with the 6th string tuned an additional step down, making the "drop 6" tuning you are referring to as drop D (even though really it's C).

But uh oh...Nile is tuned down 2 and a half steps, with the 6th string tuned down an additional step, also making the "drop 6" tuning ( it's A).

Hmmmm. Tell the rest of the class what a diminished arrpeggio is deathbearer, and I won't write your name on the board.

(And of course, Korn tune one step down with a 7 string guitar making A their lowest note. No drop six for these moneygrubbers.)

Oh yeah, I'm not British either. And don't call me Shirley.

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
Maybe you should read their lyrics before judging:rolleyes:

Evil sick flames cast uncertain shadowsin the dimly lit Temple of
Anhur as we count the dead and vanquished by hacking off their
phalluses and piling the severed hands before the living stone
image of God.
The shamed and humbled women of the subjugated kneel in hopeless
Aquiescence as we grasp them by the hair and force them to serve
our father Anhur.
Yea we impale them on the massive stone member of the Ithyphallic
War God until the backs of their throats are torn out and their
bowels are ripped apart.
One by one we force the female captives to serve the Ahati until
the Gods legs are awash with blood and his phallus drips with
red and black gore Un snem sheth tesher mekhsefu parthal m aba
neth Anhur.
We lay our bloodstained weapons of Iron on the altar of Anhur and
His Seed blesses us with strength to slay our enemies Like as unto
Menthu we have become Ithyphallic.
The mighty Sekhmet is with us.

im really not into this sorta stuff. rather sad if you ask me.

it just is really disturbing if anything. i dont think its remotley intelligent song writting. any high school kid could write rubbish like this,

I think Mr Niel is totally justified in what he is saying.

Now just let me state straight off, I'm no Nile expert. I've only got In Their Darkened Shrines, so I can only judge it on its own merits. I think the production is ok. The higher guitar notes come out moderately clear, but in the heavier bits it sounds a bit to muddy and sludgey. I think it could have benefited from a better production, but as it is, its not really half bad.

My 2 cents.

ps. Whats with that drummer!? I've never heard anything so insane...he must have powerful fucking arms...

I like Nule, I think Nile are more brutal than Mudvayne..By the ay Nile's drummer uses the standard blastbeats and fills, good drummer, for Nile's genre of music..I like the Eygption mythology, it takes some research and it's interesting..LOL..Hails..Actually Nile's manager is Gunter, met him at the NJ metal fest in 2001..-l-

Tony Laureno is like a human drum machine...bloody fast, and his dum kit is almost the same size as the Mean Fiddlers stage (ok slight exaduration, but its still massive).

Haha, when I shook his hand, his hair was acting like a waterfall, and my arm got drenched in sweat...ok you didn't need to know that! :p