Brand new song with moments of ambient and etherial vibe

Wow, I wouldn't have thought a cable would yield such a difference. When I started using PW cabes I was disappointed since I couldn't hear any difference compared to the generic cables I was using before, actually. Are you gonna be re-tracking this song? My guess is you could use some sort of curve EQ on the DI's to match them to the other ones... or would that be a bad idea?

Now that I think about it, I guess it really is not the POD's fault. I think the time when I noticed the most difference in my DI's was when I changed string brands, now that you mention it.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought a cable would yield such a difference. When I started using PW cabes I was disappointed since I couldn't hear any difference compared to the generic cables I was using before, actually. Are you gonna be re-tracking this song? My guess is you could use some sort of curve EQ on the DI's to match them to the other ones... or would that be a bad idea?

Now that I think about it, I guess it really is not the POD's fault. I think the time when I noticed the most difference in my DI's was when I changed string brands, now that you mention it.

Yeah, the cables sure matter in this case. I am not going to retrack this song because I'm way too lazy to do it. Besides, why replay it when I could remix it 47 more times. I actually just used a pre eq (not curve eq) to tame the harshness and make the DIs sound more like how they usually do. I am very happy with the results on the current Soundclick mix now.

Dude... Been away from this board for a while, but dropped in to see what kind of tunes everyone has posted.

Out of literally 2 hours of listening to everything online since my last visit, this is by far my fave.

:worship:

I love your tunes man. (Not sure if you remember me, I was the guy who was also a fellow Big Wreck head like yourself!). :D

Keep up the good work man - when you put out your album, I will definitely puchase a copy!!!!!

You have a knack with Gearbox dude - Tone sounds killer! And, you're not so bad at the drum programmin' either! ;)

It sure is a awesome song. Can't wait for the (seriously heart warming and absolutely awesome) vocals. Tones a bit digital but the mix is pure goodness. Allthought some low-mids cause some problems/headphone mix.
I haven't really thought how much some (professional/good) cable could affect to the tone. All I have learnt that you shouldn't use too long cables on the studio because those take more interference than shorter ones.

Awesome. Drums sound wonderful.

@Chris : Gearbox is quite ok once you don't try to match real tones. Also, clean tones are really cool. With tight playing and a good mix like this one, it can sound wonderful !!

@Chris : Gearbox is quite ok once you don't try to match real tones. Also, clean tones are really cool. With tight playing and a good mix like this one, it can sound wonderful !!

Definitely dude - I have GB with the Metal Pack and FX Pack - I've been able to dial in some pretty nice sounding tones. For my taste, so far it beats the ass off of all the other sims - BUT - some of the stuff AcmeBarGig has been putting out recently is AWESOME! :D

Great song and great tone. :)

I prefer the gearbox tone as well and I'm really looking forward to hear this with vocals.

Is there any way to share the superior drummer 2 preset?

Dude... Been away from this board for a while, but dropped in to see what kind of tunes everyone has posted.

Out of literally 2 hours of listening to everything online since my last visit, this is by far my fave.

:worship:

I love your tunes man. (Not sure if you remember me, I was the guy who was also a fellow Big Wreck head like yourself!). :D

Keep up the good work man - when you put out your album, I will definitely puchase a copy!!!!!

You have a knack with Gearbox dude - Tone sounds killer! And, you're not so bad at the drum programmin' either! ;)

I must have missed this. Hey thank you so much for the really kind words! It means a lot to me.

It sure is a awesome song. Can't wait for the (seriously heart warming and absolutely awesome) vocals. Tones a bit digital but the mix is pure goodness. Allthought some low-mids cause some problems/headphone mix.
I haven't really thought how much some (professional/good) cable could affect to the tone. All I have learnt that you shouldn't use too long cables on the studio because those take more interference than shorter ones.

Cool I'm glad you like it. For some reason, the guitars on this song sound a lot more digital to me than some of my others with the exact same settings. As you said, the low mids are really bothering me too, but its just a preliminary until the vocals get done. I'll have to address that when those are done.

Thanks!

Great song and great tone. :)

I prefer the gearbox tone as well and I'm really looking forward to hear this with vocals.

Is there any way to share the superior drummer 2 preset?

There is no processing in Superior, its all in Cubase, so a patch won't do you much good. Its pretty much all default except I used the maple snare and set it to trigger the muted snare hits, not the center snare hits.

I'll reamp with the dual rec for you in two weeks, as soon as its back from the shop!

Hey, if you really want to, I'll take you up on that!

I love it, very Townsend-esque.
The tone is amazing, I WILL buy your album.

By the way, what did you use for the quiet drone in the chorus?
Synths?

Thanks! For that drone, its just a guitar and one of the stock PODFarm presets in the FX bundle. I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head.