Take a listen - Newest PODFarm test - Dual amp mode

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Just updated one of our songs using PODFarm with the dual amp mode. Its basically the same as my old Gearbox tone, but each guitar is now augmented with a second identical amp running through one of the POD bass cabs. It gives the guitars a lot more weight and sounds thicker to me. I really like this tone so far. Setup is my usual, quadtracked Ibanez S with Duncan Distortion pickup (clean guitar is Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell) into my PODX3 for reamping with PODFarm. Bass is a Fender P into Gearbox plugin. Drums are DFHS 1.0 for crashes and DFHS 2.0 for drums. Kick is replaced with Slate kick 11Z3 and 11Z4 and the DFHS 2.0 snare is augmented slightly with Slate's snare 7Z4.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=404561&songID=7051199

Didn't think you could make that song better, but ya did. The drums sound more real too. Seriously awesome bro! Love your music and nothings changed.

Sounds Awesome!!! :):worship:

What is the tunning of you Ibanez S guitar for that song and what set of strings?
Thank you!
Dimi

Thanks Dimi! I used C G C F Ab Eb tuning for this song and I just re-setup my guitar and switched from D'Addario 10-52 to D'Addario 10-46. I found that I don't need to use a tubescreamer anymore with the lighter gauge strings. The POD tones have a naturally flubby sound I think and bigger strings contribute to that losing battle of fighting the flub, especially on palm mutes. The 10-46 are much tighter and it djents out much more easily now. I still use a boost-eq stomp within PODFarm though, but I don't cut the pre-bass anymore like I used to because of the lighter gauge.

:worship: Everything sounds so good on this song.
Great idea running the second rig through a bass cab. Mind share the cabs and mics (guitar and bass) that you matched?

Here's the guitar patch. I need to get the curve EQ file still for you guys though. 2 guitars panned L and R use the Curve EQ patch and 2 guitars panned left and right don't use any Curve EQ, just straight PODFarm tone.

http://www.esnips.com/web/Wake-Darker-Skies-Guitar-Tone

:OMG: Very impressive!!! Guitar is perfect with a POD! I like clean guitar tone so much! +_+ Plzz post full version without audio dropout, I love this song! thank you! :headbang: anyway, what model is ur guitar? Is it in S Prestige series?

:OMG: Very impressive!!! Guitar is perfect with a POD! I like clean guitar tone so much! +_+ Plzz post full version without audio dropout, I love this song! thank you! :headbang: anyway, what model is ur guitar? Is it in S Prestige series?

Thanks!

I wish a had a Prestige series. I have an S 520EX. It still is a great guitar though and sounds better than anything else I've got. I don't notice a difference in tone from the Prestige, but I do notice a difference in quality, especially in the fretwork. I like my action very low. Right now its at factory specs, and it plays great like that, but if I drop it any lower where some of my other guitars are at, notes above the 12th fret bottom out no matter how I set the guitar up. The ZR temolo it has is a wanker's dream come true and it really renewed my love for just sitting down and playing guitar.

I'll try and do a cut and paste job to get rid out the dropouts on the song.

I'd love to hear those guitars through my AxeFX. Damn. It's a fantastic song, like it's been all the time, and yes Tool comes to mind. Great atmosphere.

I just updated the song and now the dropouts are gone. I think I made the ambient guitars too loud though. Everything else is the same.

I'd love to hear those guitars through my AxeFX. Damn. It's a fantastic song, like it's been all the time, and yes Tool comes to mind. Great atmosphere.

I would love to hear what they would sound like through the AxeFX. If you want the tracks, let me know. The clips you have posted are so good its hard to believe. I would be afraid I might like it too much, though! Thanks for the comments also!

The sound is awesome, and so is the song. Did you apply the same curve eq files that you posted before? or something diferent?. The bass tone is great, everything is really clear in the mix .