Take a listen - Newest PODFarm test - Dual amp mode

And no cracks about Ibanez from you guys! I already know how you feel!

Cracks about Ibanez? C'mon man, they're great starter guitars. I wouldn't crack on you for using one. I made the same mistake back in 1993-ish. Some are fast learners. LOL

Couldn't resist.

I paid about $900 for this new back in the day.. man, youth can be hilarious.
RG550DX.jpg

Splatt, I never have anything else to add on any other post I have done in your threads - you are simply a god. Fucking awesome guitarist, great songs, great riffs, and great band with great vocals. The vocals for me are perfect, I wish I could find someone capable of doing the same thing for my band. I hear a ton of Maynard with a hint of deftones in there.

As good as your results are with DFHS, podfarm etc, I'd love to hear this all tracked with real drums, amps etc.

Great POD tones as always. You did an ace of job seating the vocals in the mix as well. Was there ever a thread that outlined what you do to bass guitars in the mix, or is that yet to be revealed? :).

Beyond the tones, I really don't feel the snare sits well in this track. There is something off about its ambiance (I'm hearing a lot of room) which doesn't blend too well with the rest of the mix. It sounds like the mix is in this huge open space, but the snare is in a small room, if you know what I'm saying.

Minor criticism though, nitpicking at what's a great achievement once again. You're one of the few people who truly impress me with their abilities here, so I'm always in great anticipation when loading some new material :)

Cracks about Ibanez? C'mon man, they're great starter guitars. I wouldn't crack on you for using one. I made the same mistake back in 1993-ish. Some are fast learners. LOL

Couldn't resist.

I paid about $900 for this new back in the day.. man, youth can be hilarious.
RG550DX.jpg

$900? ouch!

I don't care what anybody says, my Ibanez is so much more fun to play and wank on than any other guitar I've played and I love the tone as well. I have nothing but praise. They need at least a little respect, after all, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks some of the best metal guitar tones in history have been put down by Ibanez guitars. Case in point:

Meshuggah: Destroy Erase Improve
Carcass: Heartwork
Fear Factory: Demanufacture and Obsolete

Those 3 tones seal the deal for me.

Awesome song/mix!

Now please don't get me wrong here but it feels like it's pumping a bit on the kick and/or the rest ducks when the kicks come in.
Or...I am paranoid :lol:

A little. The kick is definitely too loud. The finished version will address the problems with the kick and snare and I'll also make an attempt to master it better. Thanks for the comments!

Splat88: incredible mix! could you share BASS POD preset and post-processing? it's amazing...

Thanks! Yeah, I can do that but it will take some time because it will take a while to describe in detail how I'm doing it. There's 3 gearbox tracks dedicated to bass. One handles the sub bass, one the body and the last has distortion high passes at 700HZ and low passed at 5000HZ. The sub and body tracks have loads of post processing to get it to sound that way.

Splatt, I never have anything else to add on any other post I have done in your threads - you are simply a god. Fucking awesome guitarist, great songs, great riffs, and great band with great vocals. The vocals for me are perfect, I wish I could find someone capable of doing the same thing for my band. I hear a ton of Maynard with a hint of deftones in there.

As good as your results are with DFHS, podfarm etc, I'd love to hear this all tracked with real drums, amps etc.

Thank you so much for the comments! I am humbled by your words.

$900? ouch!

I don't care what anybody says, my Ibanez is so much more fun to play and wank on than any other guitar I've played and I love the tone as well. I have nothing but praise. They need at least a little respect, after all, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks some of the best metal guitar tones in history have been put down by Ibanez guitars. Case in point:

Meshuggah: Destroy Erase Improve
Carcass: Heartwork
Fear Factory: Demanufacture and Obsolete

Those 3 tones seal the deal for me.

You're not the only one Matt. I'm an Ibanez addict. In fact, I'm contemplating selling my prized American Strat Deluxe Plus in order to buy the Ibanez S470DXQM.

Great POD tones as always. You did an ace of job seating the vocals in the mix as well. Was there ever a thread that outlined what you do to bass guitars in the mix, or is that yet to be revealed? :).

Beyond the tones, I really don't feel the snare sits well in this track. There is something off about its ambiance (I'm hearing a lot of room) which doesn't blend too well with the rest of the mix. It sounds like the mix is in this huge open space, but the snare is in a small room, if you know what I'm saying.

Minor criticism though, nitpicking at what's a great achievement once again. You're one of the few people who truly impress me with their abilities here, so I'm always in great anticipation when loading some new material :)

Hey thanks man! I love your feedback because you are very critical and you're not nitpicking at all. I would rather you say what you're thinking. You're totally right about the snare and it was actually bugging me as well. The finaly mix will have more room in the snare and I would like to have it sit in the mix a bit better.

You're not the only one Matt. I'm an Ibanez addict. In fact, I'm contemplating selling my prized American Strat Deluxe Plus in order to buy the Ibanez S470DXQM.

Cool. The only thing that bugs me about the Ibanez is that since I've had it, I spend more screwing around doing useless solos and whammy tricks instead of actually recording stuff and making real progress. The music we're playing is not really guitar solo friendly in the shred-tacular sense so it really is pointless but its fun as hell! I have not solo'd this much for fun since I was 15, trying to be Johnny Flash.

Cool. The only thing that bugs me about the Ibanez is that since I've had it, I spend more screwing around doing useless solos and whammy tricks instead of actually recording stuff and making real progress. The music we're playing is not really guitar solo friendly in the shred-tacular sense so it really is pointless but its fun as hell! I have not solo'd this much for fun since I was 15, trying to be Johnny Flash.

LOL That whammy bar is just to integral to my playing...I can't live without it. But then again, I do more 80's style rock and metal. But...still waiting for you to hurry up and put out a full length CD of your stuff!! :D

Splat, drums sound incredible especially the Slate kick. I was also loving the DFHS crashes. You've got a great sounding combination there. Now, create some NEW songs! ;)

As for the Line 6 tones, you make them sound better than anybody else out there, but I still think your best sounds came from a different modeler. hint hint!

^^^^
Hey thanks! More new songs are on the way. There will be about 12 songs on the album. Vox are done for them all except 2 or 3 if I recall correctly. I just need to refine the midi for the drums now, which is a real pain in the ass and takes quite a while.

hey, i have your POD patch but it´s different to me obtain tone similar like you.
i have epiphone custom with emg hz. emg hz could be main reason?
could you share your distortion guitars post-processing?????

and, what snare do you use? i like...

:worship: