Take a listen - Newest PODFarm test - Dual amp mode

Any chance of you doing Misplaced Experts with the PODfarm and new snare? Don't want to rush you if you're busy with other stuff but that's a really great tone for everything....

hey, i have your POD patch but it´s different to me obtain tone similar like you.
i have epiphone custom with emg hz. emg hz could be main reason?
could you share your distortion guitars post-processing?????

and, what snare do you use? i like...

:worship:

Well I do have some post processing curve EQ going on 2 of the 4 guitar tracks so that's why it sounds so different. Different guitars will have an effect on the sound as well but those passive EMGs are not the issue; they'll do just fine. I'll try to post more details about the sound. The snare I used was the first Ludwig snare in DFHS 2.0 and then augmented it with Slate's ambient snare 7Z4.

Awesome!
Couldnt get any better. ;X

Thanks!

Any chance of you doing Misplaced Experts with the PODfarm and new snare? Don't want to rush you if you're busy with other stuff but that's a really great tone for everything....

I'll definitely be doing Misplaced Experts (and all the other songs) to this template. There will be 12 or 13 in total and I hope to be done sometime next year before May. I have to be realistic about how much time I can actually spend working on this stuff.

Can't wait for a CD of this stuff to come out, guaranteed buy right here :headbang:

~006

Nice work on tweaking up the snare. Sounds a lot better :)

Mind if I ask what you commonly do to the bass guitar? I've always loved your bass tones, and it's the element I struggle with most in my own mixes!

Thanks 006 and Keregioz! I'm going to try and get this thing done as soon as humanly possible.

Moonlapse,

Regarding the bass, I currently try to separate the sub bass, body of the bass, and bass distortion on separate tracks, each with their own EQs and compressors. I struggled for a long time trying to tweak one patch to capture the whole spectrum of the bass guitar and I just don't think its possible with the Line 6 stuff. Every time I try to add low end to a single patch, it just gets muddy with no definition whatsoever. Now that the sub lows have its own track, I just raise the fader until the sub lows sit just right, at least from what I can tell on my crappy headphones and monitors. I limit the sub low track so it had absolutely no dynamic swing, sustains for days, and stays in the pocket at all times. The main tone of the bass is also limited but is able to breath with some dynamics, and finally the high and low passed distortion track is limited and just brought up enough to add some grind.

A huge thing I had to experiment with is pickup height. Each quarter of a turn on the height screws can make a significant difference in tone and this has caused me some severe frustration. I think I've got the sound I like dialed in now, so I'm not going to mess with anything on my bass again. Its an old school 70's Fender P Bass with a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickup and Ernie Ball strings 130 90 75 55. The 130 is a really thick string for this bass and I had to buy a new nut and file it down just right. I also had to replace the original saddle on the bridge for the fourth string so it could handle the 130. Its a little more challenging to play that gauge on this bass but I love the sound.

If I could ask, around what frequencies do you separate the sub bass and body of bass? I've been splitting my bass into just low and high frequencies, but making another split sounds like a great idea. Also thanks for sharing your tips. It has helped me a ton.

Thanks a heap for sharing that. I usually have issues getting bass to sit well, but in reality so much of it is down to tracking with the right player and gear. Trying to salvage low-end after the fact feels a bit self defeating.

How did I manage to miss such a thread???
Hey Splatt, that's really really awesome!! I couldn't believe that guitars were made with pod!! (I'm not a pod-hater,but only few pod-sounds impressed me and you made one..)
Did you use internal Superior effects for mixing your drums or not? If so, could you upload the patch?
When your cd is being released???

Dude, you really should just put a desktop recorder program running when you mix, so everybody could see how the magic happens!

late to the party on this ..but it's as amazing as expected...perfect guitar and bass sounds..

this is super catchy and I would buy this for sure...better than most major label stuff these days..

can you re-amp re-post your amazing milky Way cover?

Hey thanks! Under the Milky Way is on my soundclick page too or you can find it at our Myspace page. The page is very basic and in its infancy and will be getting a complete makeover with pics and such soon. All the songs up will be getting makeovers too.

http://www.myspace.com/marchharelv

Hey Matt. First of all, awsome-superb-brilliant-outstanding job!! As always. I really dig those strings (are they? :) ) on the begining. Guitars are perfect, so are drums.

Can I ask you for some details about bass process? You've wrote, that you've made 3 tracks for bass. Can you write some details about that? I cannot achieve good sounding bass track. I've tried few options, but no success. I would really appreciate your help. Thanx.

P.s.: Release the CD ASAP. I cannot wait for it (and many others can't either :D ).

Best regards and keep it up that way.

Cheers, Sam.

Bumping thread since this song is sooo amazing, even repeatworthy!
I agree about the vocals sounding Maynard'ish, loving it.
Everything sounds really great and that basstone is whoopass :worship:

Do you mind share which frequencies you used as threshold to split the bass in these sections? I mean, something like "Sub: 50hz-100hz", "Body: 100hz-5khz", "Distortion: 1Khz-10Khz".

I'm intressted in this too, I often have a time fitting the bass in the mix.