Brasil is the 2nd most ANTI-AMERICAN country in the world!!

xenophobe said:
Slaves? Wow, America and England are the only ones to have slaves in great numbers in history? Sadly, most every country has courted with this demon and let it go.
Everyone's doing it, why can't we stance? Pure arrogance and ignorance right there.

The plundering of people's countries by the US? lol... All one needs to do is look at relatively recent history and see that the Romans, the Egyptians, the Spaniards, the English, the Russians, Germans and Japanese... Considering the way we eliminated many Indian tribes, we're no better or worse than any other given "superpower" at any time in history. :p
The many (two) third worlds hated the superpowers. Gandhi and India kicked the British out. North Vietnamese and well as some South Vietnamese hated the French/American interests there. The U.S. may not be as brutal as it was decades ago, but its military presence is a big intimidation factor among most countries.

And how did you interpret me as saying that? :guh:
I've never "interpret" you as saying that. I brought the issue up because this is the reason why South Koreans despise the U.S. And there are other reasons why other countries around the world don't like the U.S.

Ah, follow the angsty trend why don't you? :p
I see what other people see... not as an narrow-minded, "Proud to be an American" "I'm gonna kick your country's ass" person.

xenophobe said:
Manuel, I'm just tired of seeing people say "Hey lets start an America hating thread"... Like that's a fresh topic :rolleyes:

While America is guilty of not being perfect, I don't see many countries' citizens doing as many NICE things as we are globally, like Red Cross, Peace Corps, having ordinary citizens donate for disaster relief, etc...

Those things are great, but the Red Cross/Red Crescent is an international organization, and I really don't know why you think that American citizens are the only people in the world who give to charities.

America is helping to battle aids in africa (a joke - something like half of the money being proposed is to be earmarked for "prevention" - specifically, abstinance training, meaning they're going to try to tell people not to fuck... If that hasn't worked here, why is going to work anywhere else?), peace in the middle east (A lot of people in that region would probably disagree with this, as would I...), korea (Of course, we're talking about someone with the potential to annihilate our west coast if provoked. And I don't think that China's role in a second Korean conflict would be nearly as covert as it was the first time.), the balkans (I know from firsthand experience that a lot of people hate us there.), south america (Protecting investments...), etc... I, for one, think that we should just stick to our own soil and let the rest of the world deal with their own problems, but everyone would hate us for that too.

You can go pretty much anywhere, and people will judge you more on your actions and your attitude than on your nationality. I think that what most people have against America is that they see us as arrogant, like we think we somehow know what's best for everyone, and I personally think that view is justified as far as foreign and military policy goes. For the past fifty years our foreign policy has been based on stamping out first communism, and now, 'terrorism'... And those reasons have basically been smokescreens, the real goal has always been to keep the world safe and favorable for American companies to operate and turn a profit. It has little to do with humanitarianism or any sense of moral purpose.

Cynical? You betcha! :D

MRBEAST said:
yer a weiner! yer life sucks, yeah right! i wish my life sucked so bad!
Well, I'm still debating whether or not I'll use the parachute! :loco: Naw, before I came back to Portland and I was feeling completely psychotic, a friend of mine here reminded me that we had made a pact to go skydiving together, so we're finally doing it. And I'll be jumping with a guy strapped to my back! :D

duckattack said:
Well, I'm still debating whether or not I'll use the parachute! :loco: Naw, before I came back to Portland and I was feeling completely psychotic, a friend of mine here reminded me that we had made a pact to go skydiving together, so we're finally doing it. And I'll be jumping with a guy strapped to my back! :D

i was gonna jump off the over pass onto the freeway, but i figured with my luck id get hit by 12 cars and live.

a guy strapped to yer back-i was talking about skydiveing-not yer date tonight :loco:

Obviously I have strong feelings towards you, if we didn't live so far away I could explore those feelings and maybe they could turn to love. Let's keep in contact and see how things go.

Arch said:
Everyone's doing it, why can't we stance? Pure arrogance and ignorance right there.

Wow, putting words into my mouth again. Take this sentence and take it out of context as well, why don't you? :p

I never said "everyone's doing it so it's okay" or whatever your point might be. Slavery was not JUST an American issue as you would apparently like to concede, it's an issue of civility. But of course none of that matters since your only here to slam America for its' collective wrongdoings, while not being able to acknowledge any good, yet ignore much more inhumane injustices elsewhere. Typical.

To me, it seems as you're (metaphorically)condemning your neighbor for molesting little kids, but ignoring it in your own family. :p

The many (two) third worlds hated the superpowers. Gandhi and India kicked the British out. North Vietnamese and well as some South Vietnamese hated the French/American interests there. The U.S. may not be as brutal as it was decades ago, but its military presence is a big intimidation factor among most countries.

When we have our military somewhere, YES, that is one of the main reasons we of using our military presence. Keeping the peace requires intimidation and force. That concept isn't singularly American. :p

"The US may not be as brutal as it used to be?" Who would you rather be held captive by the "brutal US military" or any other nation's military forces?

I've never "interpret" you as saying that. I brought the issue up because this is the reason why South Koreans despise the U.S. And there are other reasons why other countries around the world don't like the U.S.

And you think the few incidents that happen outweigh the good that we do there? Think the South Koreans would rather have us leave or would be better off?

I see what other people see... not as an narrow-minded, "Proud to be an American" "I'm gonna kick your country's ass" person.

And that's how you see me? :lol: Incredible. Since I'm defending my country, I'm a blind patriotic fool?

Yes, America is all evil, does no good, and everyone's hatred of us, no matter how uninformed or unbalanced, is correct. :loco:

xenophobe said:
I never said "everyone's doing it so it's okay" or whatever your point might be. Slavery was not JUST an American issue as you would apparently like to concede, it's an issue of civility. But of course none of that matters since your only here to slam America for its' collective wrongdoings, while not being able to acknowledge any good, yet ignore much more inhumane injustices elsewhere. Typical.
Wrongdoings should never be overlooked. Some American love to condemn injustices from elsewhere (Russia/Chechnya, China/Tibet, etc) I don't see anything wrong with critics condemning camp X-Ray.

To me, it seems as you're (metaphorically)condemning your neighbor for molesting little kids, but ignoring it in your own family. :p
I live here in the U.S. California to be exact. I see what's going on in the news and media, not just the biased news from America, but from BBC, ITN, Aftonbladet, and so on. I see the world from the inside and outside. So... I'm metaphorically condemning my family, if you will.

When we have our military somewhere, YES, that is one of the main reasons we of using our military presence. Keeping the peace requires intimidation and force. That concept isn't singularly American. :p
Some people don't want the U.S.'s military presence in their backyard. Where was the U.S. soldiers and peacekeepers in Liberia before this year? Seems like the U.S. finally arrived on Liberia's soil because America is trying to "polish" with its tarnished image after Iraq... after millions of slaughtered Liberians.

"The US may not be as brutal as it used to be?" Who would you rather be held captive by the "brutal US military" or any other nation's military forces?
Good question. The U.S. had been supporting dictators for some time. ruthless Pinochet, Noriega, Saddam Hussein (during Iran/Iraq war)... It definitely depends where and when. I certainly don't want to be napalmed, agent oranged, and clustered bombed because I look like a "Charlie".
Latin Americans and Shah-period Iranians had been tortured, raped, and killed by oppressive governments backed by the U.S. May not exactly be "brutal U.S. military", but definitely an evil henchman.
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2001/072001/07132001/330066

And you think the few incidents that happen outweigh the good that we do there? Think the South Koreans would rather have us leave or would be better off?
I don't live in South Korea, but most South Koreans thinks so.
And it is not just the U.S. helping South Korea's defense, Japan and Russia are of assistance.

And that's how you see me? :lol: Incredible. Since I'm defending my country, I'm a blind patriotic fool?
Brainwashed by "America = teh great" rhetorics. :)

Yes, America is all evil, does no good, and everyone's hatred of us, no matter how uninformed or unbalanced, is correct. :loco:
There are justified hatred for the U.S. government, but not its people.