brave is the best song

Hedon-

vic firth 2b
Apr 24, 2008
its the best song.

it has to be the most shiver inducing piece ever written
and the cool thing about the album is how its not straight forward depressing (unlike dods) but just everything is so weird and creepy.

there are no words for me to describe the part starting at 3:00, that desolate note going on in the background there turning from invisible to almost piercing and back is just.........well. and that layered growl that follows is the best shit, unbelievably blank and yet so powerful and eerie. i think its the best part in the album.

well i guess its just another appreciation thread:ill:

i love eaither day and rainroom that actually with brave is my favorite song! =)

We saw it all pass by and you went by
And I can't control anything
When you said that life can't be what you want
And I really want everything...

I saw it end long before it ended

its the best song.

it has to be the most shiver inducing piece ever written
and the cool thing about the album is how its not straight forward depressing (unlike dods) but just everything is so weird and creepy.

there are no words for me to describe the part starting at 3:00, that desolate note going on in the background there turning from invisible to almost piercing and back is just.........well. and that layered growl that follows is the best shit, unbelievably blank and yet so powerful and eerie. i think its the best part in the album.

well i guess its just another appreciation thread:ill:

I strongly agree with you. The atmosphere is dead. Covered with flies. Everything is black and white, everything is cold.

I find "Murder" to be even more chilling...but in a different way. I don't find Murder to be really depressing, but rather one of the darkest compositions ever made. The clean guitar part, with the "five day pain" over dubbed vocals sends chills down my spine.
I don't think any suicidal-based black metal band, or dark metal band will ever top this album.

A contender for my favourite Katasong, from my favourite Katalbum. Everything from the riffs to the vocals to the eerie feedback to that incredible tapping section...it makes the whole world move in slow motion.

Hmm... there's no denying that the opening riff of "Brave" completely changed/shattered my universe back in 98 or so. Even 10 years later it sends a chill down my spine every time I listen to it... it's so simplistic, yet completely grief striciken and mezzzmorizing.

That song alone should be credited for starting an entirely new sub-genre of music (see Daylight Dies, Rapture etc.).

I strongly agree with you. The atmosphere is dead. Covered with flies. Everything is black and white, everything is cold.

I find "Murder" to be even more chilling...but in a different way. I don't find Murder to be really depressing, but rather one of the darkest compositions ever made. The clean guitar part, with the "five day pain" over dubbed vocals sends chills down my spine.
I don't think any suicidal-based black metal band, or dark metal band will ever top this album.

agreed
five day pain part scares the shit out of me

Yeah I just have to agree with all of you here. Brave is just one cold blood motherfucker, it gives me shivers everytime I listen it. Especially that live version that someone posted in some other thread proofs that Brave is one the most *adjective* song ever

Necro Jesus is that a real mutilated corpse? I don't see how people like looking at that shit, fucking sick...