The best riff ever made!

Originally posted by Russ
Any :worship: Sabbath riff, because they started it all!!:rolleyes: ..Everything else is plaglarism.;)

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo...... not this theory again :p :D

hmmmmm best riff ever......difficult to say....i'll chose one from Opeth's "Black rose immortal" .....it's somewhere close to the 8th minute........

and also now i remembered about a Carcass song called "ever increasing circles"..it has a killer riff,too

Megadeth - Holy wars (the intro and verse riffs are awesome)

Carcass - Heartwork (main riff)

Opeth - Demon of the Fall, The Leper Affinity, and BRI rules as well

Arch Enemy - Enemy Within (I love the intro riffs)

Death - Flesh and the Power It Holds (intro is very haunting and cool)... I also really like the riffs that are under the solos on this album

bump!

for my demons intro

edit:most epic riff in the world is in the chorus of sun fired blanks by dark tranquillity but its pretty cheesy

I'm just listening to 'In Death, a Song' and I have just realized it has the best sounding riff EVER, anywhere!

The part from 1.34 to 1.54, it is just so goddamn catchy, groovy AND full of darkness!!

And here it is again at 2.56...........to 3.12!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship:

Haha! I love that too..groovy as hell...I just wish the song had more of it...love the groove!! LUV IT!

And yes, Leaders. When the screaming kicks inn...the guitar work is just brilliant. I feel I need to use the word grinding.

The displaced opening riff, and dissolving bonds.
Children of Bodom - Trashed, Lost Strungout and eh... Needled 24/7 and loooads of other stuff. (seriously)
The The Jester Race album by In Flames is 50% godly riffage, just like a lot of their other stuff.
Cradle of Filth has some... especially From the Cradle to Enslave (!)
Envy - Go Mad and Mark (not exactly a riff, but such a good melody)
Hypocrisy - Eraser
Nevermore - No More Will
Opeth - Hessian Peel at 4:14 is orgasmic
Swallow the Sun is insane with godly riffs too, one of my faves: Through her Silvery body
If people would make the Jurassic Park theme into a guitarsong that would be one of the best riffs ever.
Tiamat - For Her Pleasure and Fireflower
Type o' Negative - I don't wanna be me
Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future

Damn, this is all stuff I haven't heard in sooo long. I feel like staying up all night and blasting this through my speakers. Too bad it's in the middle of the night and it would kinda wake everyone up... :(

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water, because its so heavy metulz :headbang:

For real my all time favourite and I really mean it _favourite_ is Opeth's Master's Apprentice riff, I dont know any riff that has got into me that hard yet.

Other great riffs are:
Morbid Angel - Dawn of The Angel
Many riffs from opeth etc, mut Master's Apprentice is the best

For real my all time favourite and I really mean it _favourite_ is Opeth's Master's Apprentice riff, I dont know any riff that has got into me that hard yet.
:oops:

:saint:

Gotta hand it to you though, AWESOME song, I banged my head like crazy when I saw them play it live this year.

Another masterful riff: "What the Hell Have I" by Alice in Chains, utterly genius.

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water, because its so heavy metulz :headbang:

When I was first introduced to Opeth it was with the Lamentations dvd, first I heard a few mellow songs... and then when Master's Apprentice came I was soooo blown away. I became a fan instantly =)

One of my fav Kata riffs is the clean riff during Murder, where Anders usually screams "OOOOHHH, FIVE DAY PAIN!" with Jonas. And the heavy guitar part with the clean part.

But Katatonia is full of great melodies and riffs. That's what makes them such a special band, so to narrow it down to just one riff is pretty hard.

One riff that has been handing me my ass lately is the verse riff to 'Death Certificate', by Carcass. What a headbanging riff. When I see them, I hope they just play this song over an over for an hour. And then play 'Corporal Jigsore Quandary' and 'Symposium of Sickness'. And 'Pedigree Butchery'.

Anyway....

The 'Brave try the meaning of loss' riff in 'Brave' is great, such determined sorrow it has. The 'I cannot breathe I am losing life' riff from '12/Black Erotica' is completely heartbreaking. The 'I saw it end long before it ended' riff from 'Rainroom' is awesome. I'm surprised no one's mentioned 'At Last', when it kicks in with 'Any colors to express...'. That's a great riff.

Everyone who mentioned Diabolical Masquerade wins, by the way. Also, the guy who mentioned 'Angelica' by Anathema wins. And the 'I have kept it, the amaranth symbol' melody is as godly as everyone has made it out to be. Keep up the good work, everyone. \m/

There are too many awesome riffs that spring to mind to type right now.