BRAVE MURDER ALMOST SEPTEMBER -- FINAL FANTASTIC FOUR SEMIFINALS

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
we've come this far... might as well, ya know?

1. DORDEDUH vs BURZUM

2. NOKTURNAL MORTUM vs VEMOD

VOTE AND PERISH

1. burzum
2. vemod

QUICK COMMENTARY: i don't actually LOVE this burzum album and i don't necessarily think it deserves winning the whole thing. i didn't mean for it to go this far, but i guess it has been lucky with its pairings? i can't honestly say i prefer dordeduh over it -- even though it is maybe better in terms of originality -- but would have probably picked summoning, tribulation, and maybe a couple others over it.

dont really care tbh. the Macabre Omen is better than all of em. combined
i listened to it again yesterday and while the above is not true, it's a very nice album indeed

current standings

burzum 2 - dordeduh 3
vemod 3 - nm 2

need some more votes to make this more definitive, come on folks, do the needful

It feels like this tournament has been going on for about 5 years.
i'm doing my best to make it zippy

i mean i realize no one cares at this point, but it seems a waste not to finish

Reactions: Doom
Burzum (and I do love it)
Vemod

Vemod prolly should win all of this anyways, it was them or Tribulation probably but it was the wrong tribulation album to last i guessss

Reactions: einride
At the start, I was convinced that Dordeduh or Summoning would take it all. I still have one horse in that race.

This was the first time I've heard an entire Burzum album since Filosofem. And it's pretty durn good. Especially that ending, like, whoa, man.

The absolutely dregs of this tournament were still pretty good, and worthy of several listens at the least.

These last four albums are really, really good. Homogeneous to be sure, but according to the tournament bringer himself, we're (almost) all Faggots anyway.

Reactions: einride
i was actually surprised that summoning got voted out so relatively early

and that agalloch weren't even in it but vola and zebulon pike were

Well I tried for Agalloch, but oh well. I think Ken and I are the only Zebulon Pike fans, ha.

Vola is some weird shit. I listen to some super girly synth pop poop like this...

...and even saw them in concert which was amazing, but Vola made my stomach churn.

zebulon pike might be good for people who like that sort of thing. for me tho it was like it pushed all my specific annoyance buttons