Break Up!

Cliche Kid

Not a goth kid
Jan 23, 2006
Me and my girlfriend of 2 years broke up today. Brave Murder Day is helping me through today.

An you guys got any good break up advice? Im 23 and although I love her but I wanted time to do my own things before it was too late. Right choice? Anyone been here?

Cliche

The first year or so will be very difficult, but after that a period of immense personal growth will follow. At least that's how it happened with me; I broke with a girlfriend of about 3 1/2 years when I was your age (*be sure to read this last sentence with the voice of an elderly man*).
Katatonia's music will play a very important role in the period that immediately follows the breakup; I think this is how a lot of people develop a personal connection with them.

Thanks. The personal Katatonia relatonship was actually developed a few years ago when I experienced an even more traumatic and emotionally damaging period.

Kata still helps but I'm actually finding Sigur Ros does the trick at the mo. Maybe Kata can only be used for one traumatic experience? lol.

Cliche

if it isn't working, then ya gotta end it.

Right now I'm trying to break up with my girlfriend, but there's never an oppurtune moment and I fear that if I break up with her now, she'll kill herself.

i do recommend breaking up when you can't go on with the other person. lying sucks, i wouldnt want a girl to be with me just because i might hurt myself (i would never do anything BTW!!!)... maybe you should let her go easy, little by little so she doesn't feel it so strong when you do it for real...

honesty should be more appreciated!

listening to sad music and letting it all out is therapeutic to me... though it's been a while since i had someone to break up with...

my "i don't recommend breaking uip' was sarcastic of course it is better to break up if things don't work anymore. i just meant that the feeling you have afterr breaking up is the most terrible feelign ever

breaking up is one of the most depressing things... to both sides actually. it´s a terrible feeling if you find out that the one who you broke up with wanted to kill him/herself and all that sort of stuff. this really sucks. but it´s still better to break up than to lie or to be together just because you fear the other person would do something stupid to him/herself. but the feeling what you get if you´re beeing dumped. that is so so so fucked up. like.. head is just empty, no reason to get up in the morning.. no point of going on. but time heals all wounds... or most of them.

i always listen to Last Fair Deal Gone Down after breaking up. makes me happy and sad at the same time but i love it.

i died once... it was due to a breakup.... first kiss, and all frist sexual experiences all with that girl... but things were going down hill .. and i was falling apart... and hidding it.... but still i wanted to be with her.. i could be dead one day, but i've used to feel twice alive on the other.. so it was worthy for me.. but there were some trauma going on ... really serious shit.. that was beyond our knowlage.. she didn't knew too.. a dark past scar on her life that she only could discover better about it years after our brokeup.. we stop talking to each other.. i was really fucked up.. she didn't knew what to do.. and ended up doing something stupid.. and started dating a guy that was a friend of mine.. in fact we were developing and becomming closer friends.. it was such a painful experience.

This year i met her again..( 4 years of silence ) and we could talk over lots of things.. it was a really cool thing .. and i finally came to know and discovered some fitting pieces on that puzzle.. and so many things have happened.. i've never blamed her.. or pointed the finger for things that happened.. most of people would have hated one for doing what she apparently did.. but it was really mutch more complex than any spectator could tell.. and she was so miserable and unhappy with him the years that followed.. and really wanted to be with me.. she adimited that many things went wrong.. and sure did.. life is messy..

the thing is that i love to have died on that period.. i developed my love for Katatonia back there.. I've always knew Katatonia as an extreme metal band .. but never really listened to them.. i had little interest on Death / Doom metal by that time... was more into Thrash, Power, Viking, Prog stuff.. i had a cd-r copy of ' Last fair deal gone down ' a friend recommended me.. and thought it was awesome.. but was not all that into it yet.. then due to my condition I went on tons of Doom Metal stuff.. and really any miserable music was my thing.. tons of Alternative Rock bands too.. just listened to music all day long.. got to know Katatonia better.. downloaded their previous albuns... happened to know lots of somehow connected bands.. and became who i'm now..

recently when talking to her I said I had nothing to forgive her about.. cuz it was the best thing that could ever happen to me.. I love what i am.. and i needed to go through lots of situations and different conditions to become me.. I've always loved music totally.. and had some different 'first one' bands.. but Katatonia topped every possible one.. i've already said it here.. it goes:

1. Katatonia
2. Music

i sure know that some of you can see my point here.. i've developed that undying passion.. and joke on it.. calling myself a 'syndrome lover' the syndrome stands for C(k)atatonia.. it feels like an huge tree.. that englobes not only the band and it's art/works .. but so many things.. even the other bands i've found out by reading recommendations or interviews with Katatonia or articles about them.. and so many things.. i've grown a lot becouse of them.. and maybe becouse of that we start feeling like a part of something.. 'this chain of rows unto our own hearts'..

ah.. have written so mutch.. hope it wasn't so annoying..

not sure what else to talk about.. so.. maybe later.

Disease said:
i always listen to Last Fair Deal Gone Down after breaking up. makes me happy and sad at the same time but i love it.

thats what katatonia usually do to me... ! if i 'pause for a breath' and try to annalyze this with an overall look.. its sounds a bit sicky.. again i go to that funny nickname.. to love the syndrome.. to be happy with the misery... what else can i do.. its just how i feel..

Disease said:
it´s a terrible feeling if you find out that the one who you broke up with wanted to kill him/herself and all that sort of stuff.

the day that girlfriend i told above brokeup with me.. she was afraid to let me walk her home for the last time, as i've asked her to.. becouse she really thought i could do something stupid after that or so..

indeed.. she had been gone for 2 weeks .. also my mother was off for some days.. i was getting recovered from sickness (some intestinal infection) and thought everthing was going to get better.. as she was comming back .. but when she did get here.. the first thing she did was breaking up with me.. i was already miserable as shit.. so it was really hard for me.. it was few days to my birthday .. i got drunk for the first time then.... being drunk.. i tried to draw myself on my friends pool.....though I was not all that serious about it.. it was more of a desperate black humor taste joke..

I guess I win. I think I kinda fit the category as 'Asexual', as I really don't care if get laid or have some relationship that won't last anyways. If I get into one, it's gonna be forever and absolutely NO MARRIAGE!!!!

Hails to being single!

"I have died before" .... couldn't have said it better than that... it's like going to hell and back, i've been there too... music pulled me through actually... except listening to Pulp's "like a friend"... because there's always that old ex-gf you can fall for everytime you see her and fuck up yourself all over again for her... man! why can't i control those things?!!?

I feel the same way. I just wanna do stuff, I couldn't imagine having a GF and doing stuff I'm doing now. Would never have time :(

well there's people who can put up with our shit actually... it is not that bad, and being heartbroken is a thing you must go through!!! aint it what living is about besides music and music and music?