bring back bush!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Joey's solo career reflects that. He couldn't sell out a Coffee Shop or a Lemonade stand with his dog shit material. I'll take Vol.8 over Spells Of Fear any day

I haven't heard any of Joeys solo albums. But I can't imagine any of his stuff being worse than Vol 8. That would be pretty tough to do. Vol 8. is one of the worst records I have ever heard. Inside Out has that heavy nu metal type riff, but is good. But other than that.. what a pile of shit album. I will have to give Joeys solo album a shot.

I know Joey's solo career reflects that. He couldn't sell out a Coffee Shop or a Lemonade stand with his dog shit material. I'll take Vol.8 over Spells Of Fear any day

Do you think if John Bush went out and did a solo tour he would have any more fans in attendance? I highly doubt that. Even with Bush in Anthrax they were having a hard time filling small clubs.

Joey is definitely not a draw. Not many lead vocalists from old metal bands can go out and do well as a solo act. I like him but not enough to go see him perform his solo stuff. I am sure they did some old Anthrax tunes though which would have been cool.

Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson... they all have done solo tours. Granted they were more successful than Joey's they aren't even 1/100th what they are when they were out with Priest / Maiden

Dildos up guys asses! Here we go again! :hotjump:

I guess things stuck up his ass go well with his stuck in the 80's attitude to metal and seriously maidenboy, are you really comparing current Anthrax to Maiden when it comes to nostalgia tours? At least Maiden are still releasing new albums.

Thats not the point. The point is talent...songwriting!!! Belladonna's solo material is pure dog shit. For example,At least Bruce Dickinson wrote some great solo records. I think Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding blow away the last couple of Maiden Albums.

Bushthrax tried so hard to sell out but they didn't.

It's a tough call with that. On one hand I get where you're coming from. On the other hand Scott has always said he prefers John to Joey yet they brought Joey back for the cash grab. So going back to their "roots" was more of a sell out move when you get down to real money value.

Blah, such drama

if Bushthrax had put out 7 albums full of songs like "What Doesn't Die", "Burst", "Room For One More", "Poison My Eyes" & "Any Place But Here" during the last 15 years i'd be their biggest fan and i'd probably wear a big pink ribbon around my neck with "Bring Back Bush" or "Leave The Belladonna At Home" printed on and i'd definitely defend them against the evil 80's mullethead-attacks of ironmaidenfan09.

What a lack of dignity...You guy's really suck ass to defend Spells Of Fear. I have to laugh!!!!
Spells Of Fear has shitty production & boring solos but the songwriting is much better than on Vol.8. his debut was much better than SOF and 03 is unlistenable but still better than your music & Vol.8.

I haven't heard any of Joeys solo albums. But I can't imagine any of his stuff being worse than Vol 8. That would be pretty tough to do. Vol 8. is one of the worst records I have ever heard. Inside Out has that heavy nu metal type riff, but is good. But other than that.. what a pile of shit album. I will have to give Joeys solo album a shot.

Crush, Catharsis, Inside Out, P&V, Born Again Idiot, Killing Box, Harms Way, Hog Tied, Big Fat, Alpha Male, and Stealing From A Thief are all solid tunes...some better than others but none of them flat out suck. The rest are mere novelty songs...of which the Belladonna era wasn't lacking of either.

If you want to insult a Bush era album, I'd go with Stomp. The only songs I ever really care to listen to are Random Acts, Fueled, King Size, Riding Shotgun, In A Zone, and maybe Nothing (though I never thought much of it, even though it was a single). The rest I could do without.

Crush, Catharsis, Inside Out, P&V, Born Again Idiot, Killing Box, Harms Way, Hog Tied, Big Fat, Alpha Male, and Stealing From A Thief are all solid tunes...some better than others but none of them flat out suck. The rest are mere novelty songs...of which the Belladonna era wasn't lacking of either.

If you want to insult a Bush era album, I'd go with Stomp. The only songs I ever really care to listen to are Random Acts, Fueled, King Size, Riding Shotgun, In A Zone, and maybe Nothing (though I never thought much of it, even though it was a single). The rest I could do without.

Really ??? Not Tester !?!?!?!

Oh well... i've been away for nearly half a year and still everyone is bitching about the fucking singers. I guess i'll go back into lurking mode until the new album is out.
I disagree. I see far fewer whines about Bush's absence and even fewer petitions for his return. It seems many Bushthrax supporters have either left the forum or resigned themselves to life with Belladonna. Huzzah!

Spells Of Fear sucks donkey balls but I have to say I liked first Belladonna solo album. He sang on it better than on the majority of Anthrax albums, except of Spreading The Disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.