bring back bush!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bushthrax tried so hard to sell out but they didn't.

They thought they did when Only was the single. They thought they finally 'made it'. But they followed that up with 3 terrible albums and ruined any chance they had of their commercial success with SOWN and almost had to call it quits.

The bottom line is neither John or Joey is the 'key' to Anthrax. The key is writing good songs and that is something they haven't done since SOWN.

Spells Of Fear sucks donkey balls but I have to say I liked first Belladonna solo album. He sang on it better than on the majority of Anthrax albums, except of Spreading The Disease.

See Johnnie you are more of a Belladonna fan than I am. I have never even heard any of this solo material. Who would have thought!

It's assholes like you who have been killing the board since 2006.

Its a message forum. Thats really it. Killing a forum? Atleast there is a forum, and people are talking... even if it is 'fighting' or about john / joey / don nelson.

I honestly think most of the original Anthrax fans gave up on the band once Stomp and Vol 8 were released. Some of the OG fans stayed to give them another chance after SOWN but the material they did after SOWN was horrid and most just considered Anthrax all but dead.

The fans that participated on this forum for what ever reason loved the John Bush era of the band. They thought his era was amazing blah blah. But now that Joey is back, and the band appears to be returning to their Thrash roots these die hard Bush era fans are finding out that the majority of metal fans liked the Joey era much more and they just can't help but be angry and confused.

Make no mistake, if Anthrax returns to form on this next album there won't be more than a few douche bags making "bring back bush" petitions. Anthrax will return to glory and gain back a lot of the original fans they alienated after changing their sound to generic power groove nu metal. They had to go through that phase I suppose for them to realize just how amazing the were prior to that horrid era. Anthrax still has a shot of being a relevant band and doing a bit of damage

Its a message forum. Thats really it. Killing a forum? Atleast there is a forum, and people are talking... even if it is 'fighting' or about john / joey / don nelson.

I honestly think most of the original Anthrax fans gave up on the band once Stomp and Vol 8 were released. Some of the OG fans stayed to give them another chance after SOWN but the material they did after SOWN was horrid and most just considered Anthrax all but dead.

The fans that participated on this forum for what ever reason loved the John Bush era of the band. They thought his era was amazing blah blah. But now that Joey is back, and the band appears to be returning to their Thrash roots these die hard Bush era fans are finding out that the majority of metal fans liked the Joey era much more and they just can't help but be angry and confused.

Make no mistake, if Anthrax returns to form on this next album there won't be more than a few douche bags making "bring back bush" petitions. Anthrax will return to glory and gain back a lot of the original fans they alienated after changing their sound to generic power groove nu metal. They had to go through that phase I suppose for them to realize just how amazing the were prior to that horrid era. Anthrax still has a shot of being a relevant band and doing a bit of damage

You know what my favorite song on POT is? The one where the entire drum track is nothing but the sound of Joey's balls smacking your chin.

That song ROCKS!!!!

This forum is more active now than it has been in a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time. Joeythrax fans are popping up everywhere, making hell on earth for the Bush contingency. It must be a fate worse than death for you chuckleheads. lol

If you would have been here in 2003 and 2004, you would know how active this forum can get. Where are all the Joey-fans you're talking about? There's like five or six new members compared to so many who have left oartially or completely.

Why do you have to post the same exact thing in every damn thread?

You just don't get it. My post had nothing to do with Jb vs Jb. It was about people leaving because most Joey-fans are such assholes.

...and yes, I have heard the album POT and I like it very much.

most John Bush-fans commited suicide in '05 and the 5 toughest guys of the 20 only survived because Joey's departure in '07 gave them new hope.

If you would have been here in 2003 and 2004, you would know how active this forum can get. Where are all the Joey-fans you're talking about? There's like five or six new members compared to so many who have left oartially or completely.

Why do you have to post the same exact thing in every damn thread?

You just don't get it. My post had nothing to do with Jb vs Jb. It was about people leaving because most Joey-fans are such assholes.

...and yes, I have heard the album POT and I like it very much.

To say that a forum sucks now because Joey fans are assholes is ridiculous. It sucks because why? Sure this forum isn't going to be filled with Bush-era lovers, so the Bush-era love and unity that was on here in 2004 will never be the same, and im sure that hurts some of you.

Again for the 10000000th time. Not many people are die hard Joey fans. They are fans of AnTRASH. The nu metal, power groove era of Anthrax is coming to an end THANK GOD! Those few fans on here that love those Nu metal, power groove albums are getting kicked in the head and finding out that MOST people didn't like that shit compared to the classic era sound. Since there were hardly any AnTHRASH fans on this forum they figured that was what most 'fans' liked. Well now they are finding out that the Joey-era of this band has a lot of fans and that a lot of these Joey era fans couldn't stand the past 3 Anthrax albums and that is probably a hard truth to swallow

When John Bush was in the band, most of the Anthrax fans from the Joey era were long gone. They didn't even pay attention to the band, yet alone come to this forum and post. There will be more and more AnTHRASH fans coming to this forum as people start to realize this band is BACK as a Thrash band. So it is only going to get tougher and tougher for the few Bush Era fans to accept.

And that is great about POT, yes it is a great album. Hopefully the new one is a return to that type of sound instead of Nu Metal, Power Groove.

Thats pretty much why I'm rarely here anymore, I am a Joey fan, I just prefer the Bush years, the constant bs from the hardcore Joey fans bashing the Bush years, got old.

Don't know how you can possibly think the Bush era of Anthrax was better. Do you like Vol. 8 more than Among The Living? Better than POT? Do you like Stomp better than Spreading The Disease? Just curious. WCFYA is better than ATL or POT? What exactly is better to you about the Bush Era Anthrax? (besides the vocalist)

But that your opinion, nobody can change that.

But you have to realize the bush era fanatics on this forum are just as much to blame as anyone. They have "BRING BACK BUSH" posts, Petitions, constant talkng shit on Joey as having a horrible voice, stupid hair cut and the list goes on. Well the Joey era fans are not going to take that shit. They have been silent for the past decade. Most of the og Joey-era fans can't stand the Nu-Metal, Power Grove version of this band and are going to let that be known.

most John Bush-fans commited suicide in '05 and the 5 toughest guys of the 20 only survived because Joey's departure in '07 gave them new hope.
They aren't survivors; they're suicide kings. For them, it's all about personal tales of woe. It's their fuel.

Don't know how you can possibly think the Bush era of Anthrax was better. Do you like Vol. 8 more than Among The Living? Better than POT?

Yes, I do. ATL is good, POT is better, and except for some fill, Vol. 8 is better than both. Better vox, far superior lyrics, better production (mostly), and better music for the most part. Don't bother asking me to justify. I could care less if it's "THRASH", "HARDCORE", "NUMETAL", "GROOVE METAL", "POWER ROCK", "PROGRESSIVE" or ANY OTHER LABEL. I go by what I LIKE. That's my opinion. Joey era was good. Not as good as John, but hey, what can I say?

Yes, I do. ATL is good, POT is better, and except for some fill, Vol. 8 is better than both. Better vox, far superior lyrics, better production (mostly), and better music for the most part. Don't bother asking me to justify. I could care less if it's "THRASH", "HARDCORE", "NUMETAL", "GROOVE METAL", "POWER ROCK", "PROGRESSIVE" or ANY OTHER LABEL. I go by what I LIKE. That's my opinion. Joey era was good. Not as good as John, but hey, what can I say?

Saying Vol 8 is better than Among The Living and POT is almost one of the most offensive things I have ever heard.

I can give you the 'better lyrics" that is obviously debatable. But for the sake of argument OK. I can give you "better vocals" thats fine, even though I don't agree.

But better music??? Are you being serious or just saying this to be funny? I think that Blaatz beer has warped your brain

But I am glad you have that opinion as from here on out I just can't possibly argue with that. I have to just accept that you are far too gone to have any rational discussion with :devil:

Don't know how you can possibly think the Bush era of Anthrax was better. Do you like Vol. 8 more than Among The Living? Better than POT? Do you like Stomp better than Spreading The Disease? Just curious. WCFYA is better than ATL or POT? What exactly is better to you about the Bush Era Anthrax? (besides the vocalist)

But that your opinion, nobody can change that.

But you have to realize the bush era fanatics on this forum are just as much to blame as anyone. They have "BRING BACK BUSH" posts, Petitions, constant talkng shit on Joey as having a horrible voice, stupid hair cut and the list goes on. Well the Joey era fans are not going to take that shit. They have been silent for the past decade. Most of the og Joey-era fans can't stand the Nu-Metal, Power Grove version of this band and are going to let that be known.

I don't know how you can possible think that the Bush era sucked. That's the thing about opinions, they are personal beliefs and not facts. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them.... and yours is shitty. Which is my opinion, not a fact... at least I hope not, not that it really matters to me if you don't wipe your ass or not.

And yes I do like Vol 8 more then ATL actually, not as much as POT though and stomp is probably my favorite album, the record company dropped the ball on not pushing that one big time in my opinion.

What I like better about the Bush era of Anthrax (other then the vocalist) in no particular order: The more groove oriented metal sound, the production value of the music, the lyrical content and shift away from overtly humorous stuff (not that there is anything wrong with that)

and Nu-metal, really? While I will admit that the Bush era of Anthrax was not really anything like the traditional 80's thrash style of Anthrax, to call then nu-metal is a fucking joke.

and rational, your the one who can't have a rational discussion with anyone. I don't think your an ass for hating the Bush era, I think your an ass for, for thinking that people whose taste in music are different then yours is an idiot and confusing your opinions as facts.

To say that a forum sucks now because Joey fans are assholes is ridiculous. It sucks because why? Sure this forum isn't going to be filled with Bush-era lovers, so the Bush-era love and unity that was on here in 2004 will never be the same, and im sure that hurts some of you.

Again for the 10000000th time. Not many people are die hard Joey fans. They are fans of AnTRASH. The nu metal, power groove era of Anthrax is coming to an end THANK GOD! Those few fans on here that love those Nu metal, power groove albums are getting kicked in the head and finding out that MOST people didn't like that shit compared to the classic era sound. Since there were hardly any AnTHRASH fans on this forum they figured that was what most 'fans' liked. Well now they are finding out that the Joey-era of this band has a lot of fans and that a lot of these Joey era fans couldn't stand the past 3 Anthrax albums and that is probably a hard truth to swallow

When John Bush was in the band, most of the Anthrax fans from the Joey era were long gone. They didn't even pay attention to the band, yet alone come to this forum and post. There will be more and more AnTHRASH fans coming to this forum as people start to realize this band is BACK as a Thrash band. So it is only going to get tougher and tougher for the few Bush Era fans to accept.

And that is great about POT, yes it is a great album. Hopefully the new one is a return to that type of sound instead of Nu Metal, Power Groove.

It sucks because there's less people here than before. I don't care who's anyone's preferred vocalist, but I can't stand people trying to force their opinion on others. Where were all those AnTRASH fans in 05? 06? If they're such real fans, how come they cand find out if their favorite singer is in the band or not?

I don't know how you can possible think that the Bush era sucked. That's the thing about opinions, they are personal beliefs and not facts. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them.... and yours is shitty. Which is my opinion, not a fact... at least I hope not, not that it really matters to me if you don't wipe your ass or not.

And yes I do like Vol 8 more then ATL actually, not as much as POT though and stomp is probably my favorite album, the record company dropped the ball on not pushing that one big time in my opinion.

What I like better about the Bush era of Anthrax (other then the vocalist) in no particular order: The more groove oriented metal sound, the production value of the music, the lyrical content and shift away from overtly humorous stuff (not that there is anything wrong with that)

and Nu-metal, really? While I will admit that the Bush era of Anthrax was not really anything like the traditional 80's thrash style of Anthrax, to call then nu-metal is a fucking joke.

and rational, your the one who can't have a rational discussion with anyone. I don't think your an ass for hating the Bush era, I think your an ass for, for thinking that people whose taste in music are different then yours is an idiot and confusing your opinions as facts.

SOWN was a good album. It was will written and well executed. It was semi original, still had somewhat of a uniqueness to it. I am not a huge fan of that album but can still appreciate why people love it.

Stomp, Vol 8, and WCFYA I don't understand how anyone could possibly love those albums. But yes that is your opinion.

But saying VOL 8 is better than ATL which is arguably one of the greatest metal albums of all time is just ridiculous. Opinion or not that is just ridiculous. You probably also would say that Korn is better than Anthrax as well, would say that Godsmack is better than Anthrax etc. That at least explains a lot

It sucks because there's less people here than before. I don't care who's anyone's preferred vocalist, but I can't stand people trying to force their opinion on others. Where were all those AnTRASH fans in 05? 06? If they're such real fans, how come they cand find out if their favorite singer is in the band or not?

I hear ya. Opinions are opinions....ad nauseum..........but who doesn't like a nice SHAVEN BUSH? I dare you all to ARGUE?!

SOWN was a good album. It was will written and well executed. It was semi original, still had somewhat of a uniqueness to it. I am not a huge fan of that album but can still appreciate why people love it.

Stomp, Vol 8, and WCFYA I don't understand how anyone could possibly love those albums. But yes that is your opinion.

But saying VOL 8 is better than ATL which is arguably one of the greatest metal albums of all time is just ridiculous. Opinion or not that is just ridiculous. You probably also would say that Korn is better than Anthrax as well, would say that Godsmack is better than Anthrax etc. That at least explains a lot

No I think Godsmack is one of the worst fucking bands ever, and Korn isn't anywhere no where near as good as Anthrax and haven't been interesting since there first album.

Don't assume that you know what bands I like just because I prefere the Bush era from the Belladonna era, b/c you'll be way off. Quit attacking people for their taste in metal, and maybe I wouldn't think you were such a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.