Bugera amps

Your mids are way too high, bass too low, resonance too low, IMO. This will also depend on the cabinet... which is the next big thing.

I can't imagine those cabinets sounding good, at all. I want to hear one of these things through a proper Mesa 4x12 before I make any decisions.

How did you expect to have a good comparison between the amps if you recorded it (as you've said yourself) crap-ily?

yea i guess bro but it aint like its a radio shack mic where even amps that are completely different might sound similar. its a sm57 off axis. if i had recorded a mesa and a 5150 you'd hear a huge difference. just because my 5150 mic job may be not be perfect doesn't negate the validity of my clip comparison

but the amp, in person, sounds great. it is located at Piney Hills music in Ruston, la which is about a 5 hour drive (i went there for the weekend with a few people with my amps to have a weekend long jam/comparison type thing) so what i'm going off of is only memory and the only time we played both amps through the same cab was for this clip and i was busy running the DAW. the 5150 sounded great through the bugera cab. i wish i could have spent more time comparing them like that but i was mainly interested in comparing my engl savage to the in-stock powerball..

i would completely recommend the bugera over the 5150 if:

you want 5150 sound
you need a good backup amp
you want quality sound on a budget

personally, my 5150 just sits around being unplayed. i obviously did some cosmetic mods to it (except for the knob change. it was like that when i bought it) so i think thats why i havent sold it. but if i actually used the 5150, i would probably sell it, buy a bugera and not lose any money (bugera new is like $550) and buy a bugera 6262 that would be in much better condition (my pots are going bad along with a jack or two) and have a warranty. not to mention my 5150's cleans blow and no reverb

i wold NOT recommend the bugera if:

you dont need a backup and have enough to get a savage or powerball ($1800) and prefer those tones over the 5150

you plan on taking it on tour without a backup.

we all know behringer isnt known for its durability, but maybe things changed with bugera. behringer thinks that the bugera is a stand-out piece of gear. enough so not to give it the behringer name because people may associate it with poor build quality. so maybe this will be different. im not saying behringer is crap. i love my fcb1010. its WAY more durable than my line6 footpedals. if you take care of probably anything behringer, it'll last. but personally if i HAD to put the bugera through some road torture w/o a backup or on a budget to where i couldnt replace it (you'd basically have to be flat broke), i would not make that jump until the amp had been out a while and no major flaws came out.

:loco:

i'm actually thinking, it'd be bad ass to gig with a bugera (or 5150) in stereo with my engl. but i wouldnt trust my 5150 enough to do that so a bugera would fit in nicely. i almost want one just because its dirt cheap. a half stack is like 800 bucks.

If they sound great and for that price, who fucking cares that it is shameless clone, i don´t. reliable, durability?? i dont do tours, and when i gig i never bring my amps on the road, just for rehearsal. so i think im going to buy this cheapo tube amp if it sound good when i try it, i have an AT100 (dual recitifer clone) and is fucking great, and is a cheapo too. i´m gonna buy a 6505, amps are never enough.

See if $399 is all these are going for and they (knock on wood) are not excessivly noisy then I say fuck yeah.

you will want a noise gate or noise suppressor. the boss ns-2 worked pretty well on it. but obviously the same could be said for the 5150 and really any high gain amp

Your mids are way too high, bass too low, resonance too low, IMO.

I don't want to get off-topic with that question, but...

...are YOU more into scooped-sounding guitar-tones, or is there a reason recording-wise you recommend lowering the mids. No offence - I'm just curious.

IMO the ballpark-settings sound pretty good to me - pretty oldschool. Imagine a tighter playing and a more tweaked mix...

And also the bugera sounds better than I expected. I would consider buying a bugera and a splitter stomp-box to have a stereo-setup live with my 6505.

Your mids are way too high, bass too low, resonance too low, IMO. This will also depend on the cabinet... which is the next big thing.

I can't imagine those cabinets sounding good, at all. I want to hear one of these things through a proper Mesa 4x12 before I make any decisions.

How did you expect to have a good comparison between the amps if you recorded it (as you've said yourself) crap-ily?

Who cares what cab and mic it is on the comparison? As long as it's the same cab, same microphone, and the sounds ARE similar.

...are YOU more into scooped-sounding guitar-tones, or is there a reason recording-wise you recommend lowering the mids. No offence - I'm just curious.

5150's are middy as all hell - after about 4, it's just honk-city.

If you look at settings by Sneap, Murphy, Colin Richardson, Suecof, etc... they all keep the mids around 2-3.

when are these amps out on thomann or music store? Was going to get 6505/5150 but if these are as good il get one instead.

i demo'd it at Piney Hills music here in the usa. he might ship out of the country. but to my knowledge he really hounded the behringer rep for this one. so i am not sure when they plan on supplying him/other shops with more. you can email the owner ngoff@pineyhillsstudio.com

The 5150 is simply the most generic type of distortion that can be had

So I dont find it hard to believe that it can be copied. Im mean lets think about this..is there a single thing unique to its brand of distortion?

A Plexi has its trademark strained voltage sound, the D Rectifier has its thick lowmid harmonic sound. the Mark II has its creamy mid signature, Bogner Ubers have their intnsense low saturation sound

You cant more middle of the road than 5150. I think its popular because it cheap. But also because its a "safe" sound. Its undistinctive sound never ties your hands. You couldnt use a Rectifier to do VH's unchained nor could you use a Plexi to Dream theater Pull me under. But you could use a 5150 for both. You wouldnt nail it but your not so far away from the sound to be akward.

Its safe..its in the middle of most distortions...its almost like a distortion pedal in that respect. If you want a signature sound though--your never gonna find it in 5150 because its Vanilla. I used to like it but now I find it beyond boring. To say anything is a clone to it is really like comparing different types of vanilla. To me there is no such thing as a clone of nominal sound

There's good vanilla, and there's bad vanilla. I like the sound of the 5150, isnt that what matters?

i'd consider the 5150 to be french vanilla, vanilla bean...you know, basically vanilla that's so good that someone had to add another word to its title