Bugera amps

When you say 'very very close' do you mean as in 'slightly worse' or 'slightly different in its own way'? That's what I'm most curious about... whether the tone can stand up to the 5150, or whether there's always that hint of inferiority..

I would say inferior as it doesn't sound exactly like a 6505. Not that it is an inferior tone, it is a little different a little tighter and personally I quite like it, but for the sake of argument *Does it sound like a 6505 exactly?* then no, so in the eyes of a 6505 supremest it would be inferior.
But overall it has a great tone, the clean channel blows me away also!
Reverb is quite nice also :)

Here's a clip I made, it blows but you know....
*I copied the settings from Poidaobi's clip*

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=813568

No bass, just guitars and drums :)

Ermin, if it's available in shops, why not just go try it? I said that my JSX sounded similar to a 5150, but you still didn't like that % that didn't sound like it. It's all taste, so just use your own :p

not only that, but why support ripping off Peavey? If you've ever dealt with those guys (as I have, a lot) they are the nicest people in the world. Their techs have sent me parts for free because I needed them, I even offered to pay because I bought my xxx and my 5150 used and told them so and they just hooked me up anyway because that's the way they roll. Free tech support over the phone, just a great bunch of people making great stuff.
They actually care about their customers because they had to EARN them, they don't just swoop in with a reverse engineered piece of shit built by 12 year olds in china for a 5 cents a day. No way I am fucking them over and if any of you buy this bullshit ripoff instant karma's gonna get you. It isn't like this company (peavey) is huge, every bugera amp sold is taking food off the table for someone. Is it worth it?
Take pride in yourself, take a stand against thievery, flip a few extra burgers somewhere and get the real deal

i agree with you 100%. fuck bugeras "6260". that is absolute bullshit and i hope to god peavey sues them or something. it takes a lot to piss me off and seeing this bullshit amp made me extremely pissed.

I'd love to see the same attitude when you live in a country where importers are consistently thieving pieces of shit. The 6505 retails for $2,500 here... the head alone... the 6505+ is $3,000. The better ENGL amps are in the $4k range & let's not even talk about Mesa...

I think the last thing on anyone's mind, whilst they're being perpetually screwed in the arse by import costs, customs taxes & retailer mark-ups, is that they may be taking a little bit of business away from Peavey. Having an amp head that could be bought brand new for $700 is like a dream here... it's entirely unheard of.

Also, most modern amp models came about through ripping off. You really think Peavey reinvented the wheel when it came to creating the 5150? If they're really so concerned about their customers, then they would try to find a way to remedy the cost situation abroad in order to make their amps affordable.

Ermin, I was bout to say the same thing. When a Roadster costs 5500 here... I'd like to see someone say *OH NO* Don't buy that mesa copy for 1800 that sounds THE SAME! Don't you feel sorry for poor Mesa who made the amp. Hell no! It's just how it is here though isn't it, every amp is extremely expensive. Engl Inavders 4800 retail, powerball is still around 4000, Bogner..... well anyways. I'm happy there is a cheap affordable all tube here :p

Holy shit...!!!
you australian guys really get royally fucked on import prices!
I thought we Germans had it bad (for anything but ENGLs), but after reading this... if you buy a new amp over there your arseholes must look like a subway could pass through it after walking out the shop. :ill::erk:

Our bassist owns a Bugera bass amp, so far it has held up well, even survived a 3-foot fall (actually my fault) after a gig.
Doesn't sound all too good but there's nothing comparable for the price.
Our singer owns a B300 active speakerbox that has been sent out for repair under warranty twice and both times it returned repaired, but the Behringer guys claimed there was nothing wrong with it and fucked him on shipping prices. It's starting to have issues again already.

I think it's a good brand for rather poor people who need to get stuff done. If the money is there, I'd always get the real deal. And a big +1 on Peavey's customer service, they are awesome. Behringer, not so.

I would say inferior as it doesn't sound exactly like a 6505. Not that it is an inferior tone, it is a little different a little tighter and personally I quite like it, but for the sake of argument *Does it sound like a 6505 exactly?* then no, so in the eyes of a 6505 supremest it would be inferior.

hmm i really like the tone youve got, with a bit of processing it would sound killer, think im gnna have to check one of these things out when i get my next paycheck!

You like, cheers dude :) thanks a lot.
Well I'm hoping to work on it some more and getting it to sound meatier. It just sound bit weak and fizzy right now! Definitely a good amp to my ears. I mean, I have a Mesa Mark IV so this ain't my first tube amp, but shit, for the price, so long as it holds up, it's worth every cent :)

Yea Peavey has been great to me as well. I had to call there service tech a few times and he sat on the phone and walked me through fixing my tube amp after i spilled a beer in it. I turned it on and it popped and thought i blew it up. He could have just let me send to them and charge me out the ass or just make me buy a new amp. Instead he spent an hour on the phone and they had me try things first like change the fuse which worked and saved me lots of time and money and headaches. Ive never had anyone ever that nice in service department for anything Ive owned that broke.

I love Peavey and stand by them.

As for importing man that just sucks guys.

Yea Peavey has been great to me as well. I had to call there service tech a few times and he sat on the phone and walked me through fixing my tube amp after i spilled a beer in it.

Hahahahahahahahahhaha, this cracked me up, and shows how much Peavey understands their customers! :kickass:

This was my face when it happened-:cry:

Lets just say there will never be a beer on top of my amp again though!

Yea peavy could have just have called me an idiot and said send it in. But they didn't and that earned my total support. They stand behind the products even when there used. Good luck with Bugera on that.

It sounds pretty good. Maybe you can also record us some clean channel action? ;)

It's cool to hear that Peavey have good tech support. I've never had to deal with them because my 5150 head is still going strong... after over 13 years! My cab blew last year but that's understandable.

The 333xl is easily one of the best sounding heads I've ever played through in almost 30 years of playing guitar.
I was recently in the market for a new amp, and was contemplating a tripple recto head. I've played through rectos extensively. I also tried the new JVM410, the crappy Line6/Bogner head. The Bugera 333xl pissed on them all, no contest. I tried the 6262 and 333xl side by side. The 6262 is almost identical to the 6505. I opted for the 333xl because it is voiced very much like Mesa products such as the MKIV, Rectos and the RK. The only gripe with it is that the reverb is not switchable via the footswitch, other than that its the perfect head for me. The headroom is insane, running at 8ohms I can never envisage needing the master any higher than 3, and I play large venues regularly.
The Bugera cabs are shit, made of chip board and have crap speakers in them.
One misconception you need to get out of your minds. Behringer is mearly the parent company of Bugera, Behringer had no part in the design, or the construction, they mearly funded the whole project. Bugera are now a subsiduary company. When we first got the brochures for the Bugeras with the price lists, we were very sceptical. Due to Peavy holding up their distribution for almost two years in attempted litigation, they've only been widely available this last year. I don't work at the shop anymore, and when they came in I only went down to try one to prove they would be shit (I had the same preconceptions of most people about them). I left the shop with one.
Some of you guys need to get over your "brand" snobbery and just try shit out objectively before you condem a piece of gear before you've ever seen it. And as for doubts about reliability etc, give me a break. I used to work in a music shop and did the deliveries to the repair guy. 9 out of 10 of the broken amps were either Marshall, Mesa or Line 6. At the price I got my 333xl, I could get 4 and still have change left from the price of a dual recto.
Try a Bugera out, you might end up with a better tone for a shit load less cash.