Bugera amps

Who cares what cab and mic it is on the comparison? As long as it's the same cab, same microphone, and the sounds ARE similar.

What he said!

And Thomann Cyberstore says:
"sorry but the german distributor can't tell us a delivery time at the moment. That's the reason why you can't see the article on our website !!!"

I've checked allmost all the big cyberstores and all of them said the same: "we don't know."

Our second guitar player is really a poor boy but I'm still afraid of the fact it's behringer...

I bet the Bugera is a pretty good amp.

Contrary to what people say, behringer makes some pretty good shit, especially for the price.

I currently have:

Behringer 4-channel studio headphone amp
Behringer B2031a Monitors
Behringer V-amp (used mainly for scratch tracks)
Behringer Wah-Wah pedal
Behringer B215a speakers

all of which work really well....and I've not had a problem yet. Great stuff for poor mufukaz!:saint:

Do yourself a favor and get the original 5150 or 6505. What's the point in supporting rip offs? It's like buying cheap cover cds of artists you like because it's cheaper... Amps are not just about sound, they are about personality and research. Companies that imitate other brands' products are just stealing their ideas... and that's a crime.

Do yourself a favor and get the original 5150 or 6505. What's the point in supporting rip offs? It's like buying cheap cover cds of artists you like because it's cheaper... Amps are not just about sound, they are about personality and research. Companies that imitate other brands' products are just stealing their ideas... and that's a crime.

not only that, but why support ripping off Peavey? If you've ever dealt with those guys (as I have, a lot) they are the nicest people in the world. Their techs have sent me parts for free because I needed them, I even offered to pay because I bought my xxx and my 5150 used and told them so and they just hooked me up anyway because that's the way they roll. Free tech support over the phone, just a great bunch of people making great stuff.
They actually care about their customers because they had to EARN them, they don't just swoop in with a reverse engineered piece of shit built by 12 year olds in china for a 5 cents a day. No way I am fucking them over and if any of you buy this bullshit ripoff instant karma's gonna get you. It isn't like this company (peavey) is huge, every bugera amp sold is taking food off the table for someone. Is it worth it?
Take pride in yourself, take a stand against thievery, flip a few extra burgers somewhere and get the real deal

I completely get your point. I was just asking. It still will sell a lot. I guess most people will just give a shit about what Brett and everybody's x said. There are just way too much people who have not enough money (and won't have) for the "real" thing and money seems to be a reason number 1 to give a fuck about "karma" 90% of the time.

I'm not interested in a 5150/6505 for myself at all. Had a 6505 once and used it for hardcore... what a waste, hu? :)

I'm still interested if this bugera thing comes close at all!

I completely get your point. I was just asking. It still will sell a lot. I guess most people will just give a shit about what Brett and everybody's x said. There are just way too much people who have not enough money (and won't have) for the "real" thing and money seems to be a reason number 1 to give a fuck about "karma" 90% of the time.

I'm not interested in a 5150/6505 for myself at all. Had a 6505 once and used it for hardcore... what a waste, hu? :)

I'm still interested if this bugera thing comes close at all!

5150's and 6505's are extremely cheap to purchase as it is. A world class head just upwards of a $1000(CAN)...give me a break, thats as good as it gets.

I'm sure behringer does not use the same components and just undercut peavey on the msrp. Don't even fool yourselves. There is always a trade off with a price difference such as this one.

5150's and 6505's are extremely cheap to purchase as it is. A world class head just upwards of a $1000(CAN)...give me a break, thats as good as it gets.

I'm sure behringer does not use the same components and just undercut peavey on the msrp. Don't even fool yourselves. There is always a trade off with a price difference such as this one.

Agreed! Although this isnt to say it will sound bad.

Agreed! Although this isnt to say it will sound bad.

+1

But I know for a fact the 6505 is a great sounding amp. All of this bugera talk is just speculation. Who's to say the person who posted the comparison didn't lower the bass a tad on the 5150 and claim it to be the bugera?

This is one of those things where I will need to hear it recorded by my self or one of the other members of this forum before I'll make any decisions about it's tone.

The 5150 is simply the most generic type of distortion that can be had

So I dont find it hard to believe that it can be copied. Im mean lets think about this..is there a single thing unique to its brand of distortion?

A Plexi has its trademark strained voltage sound, the D Rectifier has its thick lowmid harmonic sound. the Mark II has its creamy mid signature, Bogner Ubers have their intnsense low saturation sound

You cant more middle of the road than 5150. I think its popular because it cheap. But also because its a "safe" sound. Its undistinctive sound never ties your hands. You couldnt use a Rectifier to do VH's unchained nor could you use a Plexi to Dream theater Pull me under. But you could use a 5150 for both. You wouldnt nail it but your not so far away from the sound to be akward.

Its safe..its in the middle of most distortions...its almost like a distortion pedal in that respect. If you want a signature sound though--your never gonna find it in 5150 because its Vanilla. I used to like it but now I find it beyond boring. To say anything is a clone to it is really like comparing different types of vanilla. To me there is no such thing as a clone of nominal sound

This has got be a joke, fellas.

Right?

:zombie:

lol, this thread is good fun :p
Well I bought a Bugera because here in Australia a Peavey 6505 costs 2500....
The Bugera cost me 650.... The tone... Not EXACTLY a 6505 but very very close, gigged with it and sounds sweet. High gain input with Lead Gain on 4 with passive pick ups is tight as hell and I'm very happy with my purchase :)\