Bugera Trirec = wow.

PD-Baraka

Feb 12, 2010
What an amp.

I just traded a cheap epiphone to one.

It is an incredible amp for the Money.

I own a multiwatt triple rec and this cheap amp holds its own against it!

Have any of you Guys experience with other bugera amps, are they this good or is this the one?

Bugeras are pretty legit. I haven't tried a trirec but the 6262/6260 and the 333xl are some good amps that are well respected for their sound quality, especially when considering their price. The only thing might be the quality issues these amps have been notorious for in the past, but I have heard they addressed this issue?

I dont know about the quality as i only have the trirec here.

It has plastic knobs on the front, but so does the 6505 o also have, and its considered a tank, for good reason.

All toggle-switches and i/o are metal, i have nothing to complain about so far.

I dont understand, unless it burns Down by itself, why i would ever get a real rectifier over it, other than if you own a studio and clients come in and see your shit.

Its like neumann and se Electronic mics, they are equal in quality, seemingly, but one costs a ton more.

Funny World though, gotta try the bugera version of my 6505.

Any other thoughs? anything i should be aware of?

I dont understand, unless it burns Down by itself, why i would ever get a real rectifier over it, other than if you own a studio and clients come in and see your shit.

Well the Boogies are built by HAND in America. Not in china or korea or wherever. I know the Bugeras sound great and are cheaper, but there's definitely an actual reason they cost less. From what I've read they've had some quality issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had more issues with one than you'd have with a Mesa.

If I was doing a lot of rigorous touring I might be more skeptical about the Bugeras, but if its just gonna sit in a studio, well, hopefully it stays working and you get to save some $$$. Mesa also has a pretty amazing warranty and has always been super helpful with any issues I've had.

I run a 6260 (not infinium) into a 4x12 with V30s and get a lovely sound (with NS2 and TS upfront of course!). The quality issues are far less of an issue than the past, but of course like anything things can go wrong.

I think Behringer as company have generally improved hugely over the past 5 years - you absolutely can't knock them for targetting a market to provide very good value products in terms of of bang for the buck, and Bugera amps are one element there. I'd recommend them to people, particularly people on a budget.

I think of them as 80-90% as good as a real Mesa in terms of the whole package (sound, quality, support, reliability, value retention) for 30-40% of the cost.

Hi Guys and thanks for the thoughts.

Offcourse i will not get rid of my mesa for this amp, that would be dumb on many Counts.

I have found one downside to the Bugera today, it does not take boosts going between the guitar and the amp very well, when you push it hard, it blurs up, hard to explain.

Oh well, but for the Money its still a wow, genuine recto tone, rec-tone?

anyway, just a heads up to those in my boat WHO didnt know what to think of bugera Trirec infinium, its a great amp.