Build Your Own Metalfest!

You're booking a lineup for a Metalfest. No.... THE Metalfest! Your top six most badass bands in the land, you can book any six metal bands for your lineup. The hook is that your Metalfest is this summer, so you must choose bands that are currently together and active. For instance, wanting to see Sabbath circa 1975 or Pantera, sadly, isn't an option (although At the Gates fans have a loophole with the band re-uniting for a tour this summer).

So who's playing your Metalfest? Do you go with one sub-genre or do you mix it up a bit? List them from headliner to first opening act:

Mine is all bands I haven't ever seen live:
Scar Symmetry
Disarmonia Mundi
Norther
Kalmah
Immortal Souls
Mercenary

Children of Bodom (with some songs they haven't played live)
Sinergy
Wintersun
Stam1na ( OR BG LOLO )
Scar Symmetry
Maiden?

I dno, I listen to too many bands, which include non-metal bands. It's really hard to choose, but that would be it. There are a fuck load more that I'd want to add to that.. :lol:

Slayer (headliner)
Behemoth
Dying Fetus
Deicide
Six feet under

special guest: pantera!

dimmu borgir or cob would be welcome too

damn if this could be an unholy alliance line up id follow them through all countries!

Anyway so here's mine:

1. Blind Guardian
2. Blind Guardian
3. Blind Guardian
4. Blind Guardian
5. Symphony X
6. Iron Maiden

Necrophagist
Sinergy
Wintersun
Ayreon (not really a band, but yeah!)
Racer X
Outworld

Well let's say there would be Manowar, and... they would break their own record again and play so long that there would not be any time left for another band.

Oh and, the festival would last 3 days.

Hmmm

Wintersun
Norther
Ensiferum
(all share members)

Brother Firetribe
Nightwish
Leverage
(All share members)

Sirenia

You're booking a lineup for a Metalfest. No.... THE Metalfest! Your top six most badass bands in the land, you can book any six metal bands for your lineup. The hook is that your Metalfest is this summer, so you must choose bands that are currently together and active. For instance, wanting to see Sabbath circa 1975 or Pantera, sadly, isn't an option (although At the Gates fans have a loophole with the band re-uniting for a tour this summer).

So who's playing your Metalfest? Do you go with one sub-genre or do you mix it up a bit? List them from headliner to first opening act:

Mine is all bands I haven't ever seen live:
Scar Symmetry
Disarmonia Mundi
Norther
Kalmah
Immortal Souls
Mercenary
SS? Ah gawd...

^ Replace Stam1na with Blind Guardian and I'd go.
Why not have both?
Anyway so here's mine:

1. Blind Guardian
2. Blind Guardian
3. Blind Guardian
4. Blind Guardian
5. Symphony X
6. Iron Maiden

:lol: Allow me *removes Hansi's dick from Josh's mouth*

Enjoy your failed concert. No performer is going to want to play 3 straight sets.

Why? If it was a fesitval, like not even 1 hr sets - it would be easy.

Ensiferum played for nearly 2 hours fine on their DVD... and by share members, i mean 1 person... None of them are in all 3 bands.