Burzum- Hvis lyset tar oss

That was actually a rather entertaining digression. Cheers.

Neurotic was in a prime posiiton to argue his case, though.

I actually think it's a good review, a good review is the one that makes you interested in listening (or forget about) one album, not the one that explains you all the way it sounds... "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" is an incredibly bewitching and hypnotic album, and this review gives an idea about that.
7/10 for the album (the last song is a filler)
9,5/10 fir the reviewer...

Teh Grimarse said:
Tomhet is not fucking "filler".

also

the word "fagort" made me :lol:

I think Tomhet doesn't fit with the album... you knowm the first three songs are incredibly opressing and the atmosphere truly dense, so a rather mellow instrumental track it just like... shouldn't be there...

At least it's not so bad like the dreadfully boring instrumental in "Filosofem", which would be one of my favourite Black Metal albums without it.

Teh Grimarse said:
all Burzum music r00lz.

pe-ri-od.

if Varg put it on the album, it was meant to be there.

Vargwas a great musician (I would NEVER discuss that) but he was also an asshole... he fucked it everything with his instrumental pieces (Kraftwerk wannabe bullshit)

I actually enjoyed Laerth's comments on the album (I don't see his initial post as a review, rather more as his own personal thoughts on Burzum and the album itself).

Until Laerth decided to digustingly label Jazz "my pals" music (a term I find offensive given my ethnic origin), I thought he seemed rather decent.

A shame that yet another person in UM feels the need to label people of non-European origin a "my pals".

How pathetic.

This thread is ridiculous. Someone please close it, the bickering is akin to a playground, and I know some of you guys in here actually have a brain from my past conversations with you all.

Quit it guys, argue over something worth getting bothered by.

Peace, H

Al Bundy said:
the record is a good album but filosofem is his best

I like all the Burzum records equally - they all have fantastic musical merits and are ahead of their time. In some ways, I find his music transcends Black Metal.