Burzum - The Fallen (2011)

I agree, Belus was a great album, but not a masterpiece

"With luck, you can hear the samples above, and draw your own conclusions. Mine are: Varg correctly understands the new black metal audience, which is to say he recognizes that they cannot tell the difference between three random droning chords and well-composed music. So he's cashing in, because he just got out of jail and needs some way to pay for himself and his future. Unfortunately, in doing so, he has done something very stupid, which is let a highly visible minority (black metal fans) speak for his entire potential audience (all who like good music) and by doing so, he has let his bitterness obliterate his talent and instead of making a series of quality albums that will sell for decades, he has pumped out the droning crap and now has ruined the Burzum name and will find that people ignore this stuff after another few years. Short-term thinking at work. Sorry to hear life is so bad for you, Varg. Maybe you should reconsider who you consider your friends"

I know that Conservationist is superficially clever enough to come up with something that doesn't fall back on the tired "selling out to make money" criticism of something when it isn't at all likely, so I don't know why he'd post something like that.

"With luck, you can hear the samples above, and draw your own conclusions. Mine are: Varg correctly understands the new black metal audience, which is to say he recognizes that they cannot tell the difference between three random droning chords and well-composed music. So he's cashing in, because he just got out of jail and needs some way to pay for himself and his future. Unfortunately, in doing so, he has done something very stupid, which is let a highly visible minority (black metal fans) speak for his entire potential audience (all who like good music) and by doing so, he has let his bitterness obliterate his talent and instead of making a series of quality albums that will sell for decades, he has pumped out the droning crap and now has ruined the Burzum name and will find that people ignore this stuff after another few years. Short-term thinking at work. Sorry to hear life is so bad for you, Varg. Maybe you should reconsider who you consider your friends"

I haven't heard the whole album but it sounds like BURZUM to me. Have you heard all the new album? What does he have to do to make a better album.....conjure the devil.....record in an old abandonded castle.......record in a forest.......invent new chords.......invent new notes.......???????

I just listened to this today for the first time. Not bad, but not as good as Belus is my initial impression.

Elitist shite. :lol: "I'm old school, I know what REAL music should sound like, no one else understands like me (and a handful of people who post on message boards)!"

Well... people like me, considering I think the album sounds great so far. So fuck off (not Yoda, but whoever wrote this)!!!

I want another Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown, not some second grade Drudkh-ripoff. I think many people fool themselves to like this just because they like earlier releases from Burzum.

I want another Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown, not some second grade Drudkh-ripoff. I think many people fool themselves to like this just because they like earlier releases from Burzum.

In Burzum's defense I'm pretty sure Drudkh formed their (original) sound chiefly from the song Det Som Engang Var.

As for the new album, what's up with the whisper-like vocals? Not digging that. The album's growing on me a little more, I definitely prefer it to Belus, but I thought his return would be. . . well different.