BWP Lyrics!

Epitaph

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2001
Visit site
Hey, im a long time Opeth fan from Australia

i Rekon the lyrics in Blackwater Park are easily some of the best work Mike has done.

we all know wot an amazing poet this guy is but BWP has taken it to a much deeper level, i feel.
i always get shivers wen i listen to the album. maybe it cuz im just an Aussie dumb arse but i cant figure out what most of the songs in BWP are about. it's obvious that Dirge is about suicide of some guy but the rest illude me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the lyrics.

oh and if anyone knows wot mike is saying in the background of funeral portrait and harvest id appreciate you writtin' em down here

thanx!:D

Yeah, especially i would like to know about Bleak's lyrics.

I think there is some girl dying , and he is trying to save her
and she is telling him stuff....?

(you're close to the final word)
and then she dies....i think

hmm...help me.

yeh bleak is really confusing
but i think your right about it

now it might just be sick, twisted, me but i rekon Funeral Portrait is about possibly insestuous rape :confused:
"stained by the name of fathers" and BWP is obviously a microcosm of the world as viewed by Mike
the drapery falls is also BLOODY CONFUSING!! :mad:
i mean it seems like a simple case of love lost but im not sure thats all there is to it, i dont think Mike would writ summin as simple as that????

AND JESUS!!!! if i ever get my hands on the amazon.com review guy im gunna personally kill him and all he holds dear!!!:D it's obvious hes never picked up an instrument in his life!!!!!!!!!.......
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE CRUSIFIED, ahem, movin on :)

Originally posted by Epitaph
yeh bleak is really confusing
but i think your right about it

now it might just be sick, twisted, me but i rekon Funeral Portrait is about possibly insestuous rape :confused:
"stained by the name of fathers" and BWP is obviously a microcosm of the world as viewed by Mike
the drapery falls is also BLOODY CONFUSING!! :mad:
i mean it seems like a simple case of love lost but im not sure thats all there is to it, i dont think Mike would writ summin as simple as that????

AND JESUS!!!! if i ever get my hands on the amazon.com review guy im gunna personally kill him and all he holds dear!!!:D it's obvious hes never picked up an instrument in his life!!!!!!!!!.......
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE CRUSIFIED, ahem, movin on :)

I think your right about FP , it's about either killing a girl or rape . or something I'll get the lyrics and try to figure it out .

Insanity is good. It gives you a worldly perspective. Confusion is refreshing. It makes you think in new ways.

Originally posted by Protocol
Insanity is good. It gives you a worldly perspective. Confusion is refreshing. It makes you think in new ways.

Hear! Hear! Very true! :D

I choose not to try to get meanings out of it, I just enjoy the music and the lyrics for what they are. Read to deep, and you're bound to find things that aren't there.